Joyce, Have to Keep Playing Him

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Re: Joyce, Have to Keep Playing Him

If Joyce is given a good run he could potentially become as good as Bruce Doull.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 05 Jul 2022 8:02pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 9:17pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 7:47pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 7:04pm I don’t believe you rate Joyce

If a forward ‘getting on the end’ of some goals is an abject failure then I can’t imagine you’re keen on a seasoned defender that can’t punch from behind after 7 years
We have to be consistent with our narrative which is the board and coach must go for not gifting Sandy players an extended time at AFL because it's the best place for them to develop and morever because many forumites believe Joyce has showed promise.

These are the criteria being argued for Sharnan so why not for Joyce?
You don’t have to explain your point that much was obvious by the existence of the thread. Subtle as a truck.

Where you’re off kilter is that the key backs have performed whereas those Coops are competing with haven’t, the replacements in Lienert, Highmore etc are ahead of Joyce, and Joyce has had 7 years on the list and has seldom had people suggesting he should come in... including the coaches themselves
By contrast, less harsh critics think Coops has at times looked ok for a 10 game forward.

It’s an inadequate comparison and doesn’t hold up.

But of course you already know all that… hence the absurdity of you arguing against people that believe in player A, arguing for player B that even you don’t rate. It’s a waste of time and your point doesn’t land. Conviction vs lack there of

The broader issue as has been brought up before, is why you’re going to such lengths to dump on an emerging young player that people see promise in.

The obsession here Vortex is yours. Not the other way round. The pro Coops group are not nearly as strong in their convictions to play him as you are in yours to suggest that he’s a write off.

I’m sad that you can’t see it.

Hopefully the kid can earn another opportunity.

Joyce too. You’d think with Howard out, and Ratten so keen to share opportunity as you pointed recently, Joyce would be primed for his shot right?

He will surely get it now one would think.

Edit And for the record
Coops kicked 10 goals in 4 games in a team that didn’t play finals
These occurred against Geelong at skilled, Sydney, a loss to Carlton and 4 against Freo (who were playing for a final spot).
Not too bad for a skinny kid with less than a preseason playing in the hardest position on the ground. It’s a little bit more than just getting on the end of a few pieces of play
Good post
The constant potting and ruling a line through a 7 game young forward is embarrassing
The kid hasn’t even had a proper run at it but some are calling for his head and hanging the Swans defeat at his feet
Mindless drivel and moronic but par for the course when dealing with lower intelligence
He's had 7 opportunities, 3 in a row this season alone, and 3 of those were less than convincing contributions against the the lowly Crows and North. Looked ordinary in those games. Came back against the Swans and put in a shocker. Hope he comes good but he's a liability at AFL level at the moment.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 10:29am Has to play this week, and then keep playing him.

How will he develop at Sandy if we just keep giving him one game and then drop him the following week.

Joyce is the future.
Joyce has no future.

He is a clayton's full back.
The full back you have when you don't have a full back.
He has a simple choice return to Ireland at the end of the season or remain in Australia.
The club will thank him for his service.
Either way he will need to find a real job.

Too short to compete with gorillas, too slow to be a flanker, but worst of all when ever he does get a game he has to play on the opposition's best tall forward.
That is a task too far for him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I actually think he could become a decent running defender, but realistically he's not that effective as a key defender. Admittedly, he hasn't played a long stretch of games, but when he has played he's looked like a stand-in