Mason Wood vs Jack Newnes on the wing..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mason Wood vs Jack Newnes on the wing..

Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 10:13am
Teflon wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 9:59am
Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 9:00am
darylcowie wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 8:55am
Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 8:25am Here's the thing about players like Wood, he makes mistakes and he's not a flag type player, he's a role player, he's a depth player but if he doesn't play last night and a skinny kid who's not up to it plays...we lose. Now that may upset the supporters who believe losing is better as long as you play kids in tbe belief it is better for the club long term but something tells me winning is much better long term for the club culture, ESPECIALLY, when it is a prime time Friday TV slot.
A skinny kid did play though and qe still won with NWM in the team!
There's two types of skinny kids, one's who are up to it, and one's who aren't. NWM is holding his spot nicely huh. He played really well last night.
Lol now we’ve got “2 types of skinny kids” in a thread about Wood used in a perverted way to have a shot at Sharman??
Just insane hatred for the kid whose playing a leading forward role compared to an in/out of the cane winger?
Just bizarre …
I love the irony
Woods good for our structure
Sharman can’t be??
Lol
Thought the Blues 2 big leading targets looked dangerous btw but they’re no Dan Butler!
Teffers maaaaaate, you are going to do yourself a mischief if you don't get over that terribly gutsy win by the boys. They can't lose every week.
:wink:

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Just watched the game IMO they were both ordinary

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 8:21pm Just watched the game IMO they were both ordinary
Woods no superstar
I thought Billings was invisible again
Amazing at how just disappears Jack..
Nic should be “magician”

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

JB stepped up in the last quarter.
He ran hard and presented options in the open. That's how he likes it
He didn't do anything brave or heroic, but he just kept working

Same with Ross and same with Crouch. Good workhorses. Crouch is the bigger turnover merchant

If Crouch didn't lay 10 tackles every game I'd be struggling to see what other value he provides.
As the youngsters gain experience, either Windy or Mich to replace Brad permanently

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 9:43pm JB stepped up in the last quarter.

Same with Ross and same with Crouch. Good workhorses. Crouch is the bigger turnover merchant

If Crouch didn't lay 10 tackles every game I'd be struggling to see what other value he provides.
As the youngsters gain experience, either Windy or Mich to replace Brad permanently
are you drinking scollo, faaaarg me just a bat shyte crazy suggestion, next you are going to argue Sharman should come in next week to replace Howard. come on man.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 9:54pm

are you drinking scollo, faaaarg me just a bat shyte crazy suggestion, next you are going to argue Sharman should come in next week to replace Howard. come on man.
Why did we recruit the youngsters? So they could play at Sandringham for the next four years?

Crouch's contract ends in 2024. I expect he'll be playing more games of VFL in 2024 than either Mich or Windy

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 10:01pm

Why did we recruit the youngsters? So they could play at Sandringham for the next four years?

Crouch's contract ends in 2024. I expect he'll be playing more games of VFL in 2024 than either Mich or Windy
how do you know Mich or Windy aren't languishing at Sandy in 2024? Have we learnt nothing from the Sharman experience, just because a kid comes in and shows some signs in his first few games does it mean he will make the grade, thousands of delisted players over the decades prove that.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 10:44pm

Crouch's contract ends in 2024. I expect he'll be playing :D more games of VFL in 2024 than either Mich or Windy
how do you know Mich or Windy aren't languishing at Sandy in 2024? Have we learnt nothing from the Sharman experience, just because a kid comes in and shows some signs in his first few games does it mean he will make the grade, thousands of delisted players over the decades prove that.
The “Sharman experience”
Kid comes in …plays 1 game…whole team is Shyte ..now it’s the “Sharman experience”
Big brain stuff this is … :D

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 11:04pm

Crouch's contract ends in 2024. I expect he'll be playing :D more games of VFL in 2024 than either Mich or Windy
The “Sharman experience”
Kid comes in …plays 1 game…whole team is Shyte ..now it’s the “Sharman experience”
Big brain stuff this is … :D
Is it in the same think-tank space as sack the board, sack the coach, play the kids?

maybe time to put your Sharmy Onsie on and go night night, it's been and emotional 24 hours for you brother.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 8:21pm Just watched the game IMO they were both ordinary
Just making it clear I was only commenting on Wood & Newnes not anyone else :wink:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 11:18pm
Just making it clear I was only commenting on Wood & Newnes not anyone else :wink:
Maybe watch the replay again and keep a close eye on Wood, his game was anything but ordinary.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 11:21pm
Maybe watch the replay again and keep a close eye on Wood, his game was anything but ordinary.
I saw him kick the ball straight to Carlton on at least 3 occasions saw him drop a couple of marks that were regulation for an AFL player took a couple of good grabs but on the whole as I said IMO ordinary :wink:

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 11:21pm
Just adding Max was pretty good as well :wink:

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Wood must have blitzed on the replay but in the game he had 12 possessions and was awarded 48 fantasy points for his efforts.

We need him to improve.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 6:48pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 8:25am Here's the thing about players like Wood, he makes mistakes and he's not a flag type player, he's a role player, he's a depth player but if he doesn't play last night and a skinny kid who's not up to it plays...we lose. Now that may upset the supporters who believe losing is better as long as you play kids in tbe belief it is better for the club long term but something tells me winning is much better long term for the club culture, ESPECIALLY, when it is a prime time Friday TV slot.
There's two types of skinny kids, one's who are up to it, and one's who aren't. NWM is holding his spot nicely huh. He played really well last night.
Lol now we’ve got “2 types of skinny kids” in a thread about Wood used in a perverted way to have a shot at Sharman??
Just insane hatred for the kid whose playing a leading forward role compared to an in/out of the cane winger?
Just bizarre …
I love the irony
Sharman can’t be??
Lol
Thought the Blues 2 big leading targets looked dangerous btw but they’re no Dan Butler!
Teffers maaaaaate, you are going to do yourself a mischief if you don't get over that terribly gutsy win by the boys. They can't lose every week.
Teff,
Fair play.

It is part of their bait ‘n conflate thingo…

Followed up with a wave of the Gas Light…just to remind you that you are the odd one…the strange one..the one with issues..and of course good ol Mr. Saynta chips in with his smiley…wow…how brave of him. That’s guts for ya.

Fair play Teff.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 12:27am
Just bizarre …
I love the irony
Sharman can’t be??
Lol
Teff,
Fair play.

Followed up with a wave of the Gas Light…just to remind you that you are the odd one…the strange one..the one with issues..and of course good ol Mr. Saynta chips in with his smiley…wow…how brave of him. That’s guts for ya.

Fair play Teff.
Good call and yep agree it’s kinda predictable as well when they roll out good ole Saynta …lol
Anyway I’ll enjoy a win but keep it real and leave the gaslighting to the blue sky brigade !

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 11:48pm Wood must have blitzed on the replay but in the game he had 12 possessions and was awarded 48 fantasy points for his efforts.

We need him to improve.
He’s ok I agree but needs to lift
He’s in the 20-22 player list bracket
He has tools but just awol for periods then bobs up
If he could find that extra 10-15% he’d be quality depth
But after 2 clubs you do gotta wonder what holds him back

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha

still working Teff !!!

a big day at the office

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 1:48am
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 11:48pm Wood must have blitzed on the replay but in the game he had 12 possessions and was awarded 48 fantasy points for his efforts.

We need him to improve.
He’s ok I agree but needs to lift
He’s in the 20-22 player list bracket
He has tools but just awol for periods then bobs up
If he could find that extra 10-15% he’d be quality depth
But after 2 clubs you do gotta wonder what holds him back
Does he have any more that's the question, we need more quality so that we can contend.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Very disrespectful to our young players and to the development staff and to the coaches who are showing faith in these guys

I think you owe it to the forum to come good on your outrageous opinions.

Will you promise to go ahead and microwave your head if I'm right? Remember what you said about NWM before Round 2?

I tell you what...I'll let you off the hook...just put your little head and your ballbag in there :mrgreen:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 3:12am

Very disrespectful to our young players and to the development staff and to the coaches who are showing faith in these guys

Will you promise to go ahead and microwave your head if I'm right? Remember what you said about NWM before Round 2?

I tell you what...I'll let you off the hook...just put your little head and your ballbag in there :mrgreen:
Oh gosh OK we are talking disrespect now, so all non young players at a club just bow and curtsy to all young players and hand all of their own good will and the faith the club has in them over and never mind how hard they worked to earn it themselves.

Think...type.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 12:27am
Just bizarre …
I love the irony
Sharman can’t be??
Lol
Teff,
Fair play.

Fair play Teff.
:wink: :wink: :roll:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 10:39am
Scollop wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 3:12am

Oh gosh OK we are talking disrespect now, so all non young players at a club just bow and curtsy to all young players and hand all of their own good will and the faith the club has in them over and never mind how hard they worked to earn it themselves.

Think...type.
I don’t care how hard Crouch has worked. As a member and supporter of the club, I want a chance at some stage for silverware. Is it going to happen this year or next year?

Right now Hill, Wood, Crouch, Ross, Higgins and a few others are clearly ahead of the youngsters, but the conversation is about 2024.

I’m interested in players who have upside and improvement and scope to get us closer to our second premiership

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Wood was not too bad but should eventually lose his spot to DMac when he is ready.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

IluvHarvey wrote: Tue 05 Jul 2022 4:17pm
Wood was not too bad but should eventually lose his spot to DMac when he is ready.
Not too bad in IMO is ordinary :wink: