Season is cooked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Season is cooked

Teflon wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 1:49am
bigcarl wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 1:41am What do we do now? Play the kids?
I think we have to get serious about who takes us forward and who can’t
It’s time to fast track
Michito
Windhager
Bytel - can he make it?
Sharman -
Likewise
Highmore will walk if he doesn’t get a game - Webster?
Joyce - perhaps spell Howard and give Joyce some games he’s done well in reserves
Lienert - hasn’t done much wrong…Patton spell ?

I think Clark - goes back till he learns that fitness is important
Byrnes is Newnes ver 2.0 for mine
Butler - reserves and Long has overtaken his defensive game
Higgins - need more than get out the back jack
Once we bring in some quality mids …
Look to push Jones, Ross out
Above all we need players who give 4 quarter effort - like DMac does but with better skills every week
Ratten - out but it won’t happen as Boards too busy high fiving each other after half a season
It’s hard to know where to start after an awful, humiliating loss like that, but I’ll start with a few old favourites - the midfield and the forward structure (or lack of it).

Midfield. We’re missing Steele’s grunt. Do you whack Windhager or Owens in there? Maybe D-Mac - good player who we missed a lot last night - as a left field option? Problem is we are still a mathematical chance of a top-4 berth, which makes it hard to back kids in. I’d stick with Clark, but tell him he needs to pull his finger out. Kid can play, but needs to get some confidence back after a couple of nasty injuries.

Forward structure. Maybe you whack Sharman or Marshall/Ryder at FF and move King out to CHF. At least that would give us more than one option when going forward and make us less predictable. King would probably drag a few opponents out with him, too, because they will figure - correctly on past experience - that is where the ball is going.

I dunno. Just rambling really. I’m at a loss.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

There were plenty of sub-standard performances last night, but you can’t drop everyone.

NWM want all bad, but needs a game or two at Sandy to get his confidence up.

On the other hand, Gresham needs to be dropped to get his confidence down. And he needs to have his scrapbook locked away.

I sincerely hope Sharman is picked next week so I can stop reading garbage about him on here. As I’ve made clear, I don’t think he’s the solution to any of our problems, but Butler and Higgins were both pretty poor so why not?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
asiu
Saintsational Legend

if the butterboys served that shite up
and i was coach

today would be ultimatum day

everyone turn up here tomorrow with a crew cut
... no more hairdressers facials or moustaches

no crew cut ... equals not being available for selection

if enough of you turn up tomorrow
without a crew cut ... we'll forfeit !!

enough already
even i've stopped believing we aren't butter

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 8:00am There were plenty of sub-standard performances last night, but you can’t drop everyone.

NWM want all bad, but needs a game or two at Sandy to get his confidence up.

On the other hand, Gresham needs to be dropped to get his confidence down. And he needs to have his scrapbook locked away.

I sincerely hope Sharman is picked next week so I can stop reading garbage about him on here. As I’ve made clear, I don’t think he’s the solution to any of our problems, but Butler and Higgins were both pretty poor so why not?
Because Sharman is a decoy for King. He is a good mark which we donl;t have many of in the forward line at present. He takes a good defender - on eless for King to worry about, and he kicks a goal when he needs to, and when we need him to. An dhe has the capacity to kick more than one as well.

He gives our foward line a structure. He hasn't even played ten games yet. He kicked four goals in the reserves last week. Should've come in this week for mine.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.