Gresham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gresham

meher baba wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 10:03am Gresham needs to play in the middle IMO: he’d be wasted if he played permanently up forward.

But for mine, last night he was trying to be the killer playmaker every time he got the ball and made some critical errors that turned into scoring opportunities for the Bombers. So he certainly wasn’t our best last night, though he worked hard and made some of the best plays of the game.
Some should tell him he's not Dusty. I think he's starting believing that crap.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 10:16am
meher baba wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 10:04am Ross was easily our best. And Long was ok too.
love the improvement in Long...very little positives but for me that's one of them
Something still bothers me about team balance, team structure and selection integrity.

Higgins and others who showed signs of selfish football in Round 1 were allowed to get away with it. The only way you stamp out bad habits is if there are consequences. Gresh has been doing it for years.

That’s what happened to Ben. He learnt the hard way and he was dropped for being undisciplined in several games in 2021

Long was easily one of our best performers pre-season and in the intra club but he was left out of the line up for the AAMI Series games and for Round 1 against Collingwood.

He didn’t come into the side until Round 3 and played well against Richmond and Hawthorn which were good wins for the side but he seems like an outcast at times. Ross Lyon told us about a month back on Footy Classified how our players were ignoring his run and his efforts to receive when he was putting himself in good positions.

I’ve highlighted how some players choose to give it to Hill or senior players demand the footy off Long when he’s probably more skilled to kick it forward and to the advantage of his team mates

I saw a really awkward hug from Long towards Ratts in the video for members which was in the rooms after the game against North Melbourne. Long doesn’t need to like Ratts. He just has to respect him

I’m glad Ratts was tough on Longy.

I’m glad Ratts was tough on Jack Billings. Now he needs to get tough on the others

spert
Saintsational Legend

Gresh got a few goals, but they also ran off him quite a bit as he was too slow to chase, and I reckon they were ready for his sidestep scenarios and baulking efforts and gave him little room. The forwards and the forward coach need a kick up the bum- it aint working guys.