North should be stripped of the Good Friday clash and St Kilda reinstated!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Re: North should be stripped of the Good Friday clash and St Kilda reinstated!!!!

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:31pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:07pm Harping back to matches played nearly 50 years is comical. I think a lot of posters on here have been scarred beyond repair. If St Kilda had the mentality of some of our posters they would have shut shop back in the 1970's. Posters who claim that we don't deserve marquee games because we have failed in the past need to take a good long hard look at themselves. If something doesn't work initially (especially in football but in life in general as well), you don't just throw your arms up in the air and give up. You bloody well embrace the challenge and make it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really - and that would be harking back - as in taking note of an earlier event

I was standing in the rain at Moorabbin when a win was when we got to pick which end we kicked to.

Yet some of us seem to have more respect for the players than someone suggesting trading Membrey

Oh and how often have you seen St Kilda 'knuckle down' and put in the hard yards???

I love this club and will be there today yelling my guts out - 1st Level 2nd row

Where will you be?
Bay 34 third level

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
SunnyErnie
Club Player

Re: North should be stripped of the Good Friday clash and St Kilda reinstated!!!!

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:07pm Harping back to matches played nearly 50 years is comical. I think a lot of posters on here have been scarred beyond repair. If St Kilda had the mentality of some of our posters they would have shut shop back in the 1970's. Posters who claim that we don't deserve marquee games because we have failed in the past need to take a good long hard look at themselves. If something doesn't work initially (especially in football but in life in general as well), you don't just throw your arms up in the air and give up. You bloody well embrace the challenge and make it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was standing in the rain at Moorabbin when a win was when we got to pick which end we kicked to.

Yet some of us seem to have more respect for the players than someone suggesting trading Membrey

Oh and how often have you seen St Kilda 'knuckle down' and put in the hard yards???

I love this club and will be there today yelling my guts out - 1st Level 2nd row

Where will you be?
You are a defeatist unfortunately!!!

Trading Membrey (if we got overs), has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I have loved this club since they lost the GF in 1971.

I want St Kilda to get as many marquee games as possible so we can prove to everyone how good we are. I couldn't give a continental if our recent history has been poor. An neither should you my friend.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 8:18pm

Where will you be?
You are a defeatist unfortunately!!!

Trading Membrey (if we got overs), has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I have loved this club since they lost the GF in 1971.

I want St Kilda to get as many marquee games as possible so we can prove to everyone how good we are. I couldn't give a continental if our recent history has been poor. An neither should you my friend.
Only 1 Marquee game counts - Round 27

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 8:18pm You are a defeatist unfortunately!!!
I think you misspelled Realist.

Look at even the recent Paddy Ryder situation - the AFL are not doing us any favors.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 10:17pm

Look at even the recent Paddy Ryder situation - the AFL are not doing us any favors.
I'm sorry S_D, I'd never question your passion or love of the Club but I must ask, as you've had the opportunity to be at the club and mingled with the players.

How have the the players answered when you've told them they roll over and are no good in games that matter?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 10:27pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 10:17pm

I'm sorry S_D, I'd never question your passion or love of the Club but I must ask, as you've had the opportunity to be at the club and mingled with the players.

How have the the players answered when you've told them they roll over and are no good in games that matter?
Never said that the individuals don't bust a gut - just something about the way that they turn up (or don't turn up)

It is St Kilda
Maybe game plan
Maybe coaching
Maybe a hoodoo

Maybe I remember times when the players would cry for the club - where players would intentionally break a plantar fascia for the club

Maybe those days are gone

You tell me - until the past 4 weeks when was the last time you felt like the team had gone above and beyond????

How did you feel after the Collingwood loss???
When was the last big time game you went to knowing we would 'pull out all stops'?
When was the last time you went to a game feeling 100% confident we would win?
When was the last time (after a loss) you saw the players hurting?

Today (and the past 2 games) I watched as a team played for each other and had each others backs
Recently this has not been there and it has been 18 Individuals busting a gut - for themselves

I am not a defeatist - I do not go to the game hoping for a loss - but in all honesty - can you say that we have been anything but a likeable/amenable team for the past 40 years
There is a reason we are a lot of people second team - it is because we are toothless

I want us to be hated
I want us to be hunted
I want us to be HARD
I want us to stand for something

― Aristophanes

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

All very nice S_D, perhaps we weren't good enough, maybe you were right, they don't care BUT tell those players, do not blanket them all with your belief unless you want to stare that person(s) down.

I've only apologised once for something I've said on this forum, that was about a player / players. Everything else I'll say to the poster or player's face, as a stranger, in a public bar.

To say our players roll over in games that matter is a cop out.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 8:17pm
ABC News wrote: North Melbourne beats St Kilda by 52 points in Good Friday match at Docklands - Ben Brown kicks six
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-30/ ... ay/9602844
The coaching staff at North were so good that they eventually persuaded Ben Brown to leave the club.
Apparently it had something to do with the rest of team being so useless they could not deliver the ball to him.
Last edited by ace on Sat 16 Apr 2022 11:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 10:57pm All very nice S_D, perhaps we weren't good enough, maybe you were right, they don't care BUT tell those players, do not blanket them all with your belief unless you want to stare that person(s) down.

I've only apologised once for something I've said on this forum, that was about a player / players. Everything else I'll say to the poster or player's face, as a stranger, in a public bar.

When did I say that they just roll over (implying that they arrive at the game willing themselves to lose) - I just said that mostly we (as a team) do not do very well in these matches. For whatever reason.

It has almost always felt like we were kids suddenly given a seat at the adults table

Maybe that’s what the AFL wants us to feel

― Aristophanes

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 10:57pm All very nice S_D, perhaps we weren't good enough, maybe you were right, they don't care BUT tell those players, do not blanket them all with your belief unless you want to stare that person(s) down.

And BTW - see that image <——— of captain Jack? I have actually thanked him for that look personally as it was one time in recent history that it looked like a St Kilda player was hurting for the club. I shall not relay his response here suffice to say it was recently and it was flattering to the 2022 St Kilda team.

G L - check your PM

― Aristophanes

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 11:10pm

When did I say that they just roll over (implying that they arrive at the game willing themselves to lose) - I just said that mostly we (as a team) do not do very well in these matches. For whatever reason.

It has almost always felt like we were kids suddenly given a seat at the adults table

I call BS S_D, I'm not going back because you've said that & hinted on numerous occasions that our players don't care about the result. In fact, in your last reply you referenced 40 years - that includes a lot of players who've shed tears, blood & sweat. Get a grip. Either call them or accept there are other reasons.

We are St Kilda, if we have a player who enjoys losing, call them on it, out them! Do not lump the group of young men / women together. It's pitiful.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 11:21pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 11:10pm

I call BS S_D, I'm not going back because you've said that & hinted on numerous occasions that our players don't care about the result. In fact, in your last reply you referenced 40 years - that includes a lot of players who've shed tears, blood & sweat. Get a grip. Either call them or accept there are other reasons.

We are St Kilda, if we have a player who enjoys losing, call them on it, out them! Do not lump the group of young men / women together. It's pitiful.
Never - Ever have I said they enjoyed losing - maybe you have misconstrued my words - this is all about us being gifted Marquee games - can you see the AFL beating down our door to even give us Friday night games?

Believe what you will - I just know - I do not enjoy us losing

― Aristophanes

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

All good S_D, maybe I did misconstrue previous posts, maybe I didn't. If any player does not care about the result of a game they play in when they wear the RW&B, they should be called out - however, sadly, just not being good enough is the likely reason. Something that is changing. Let's enjoy this roller coaster called St Kilda.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 9:44am All good S_D, maybe I did misconstrue previous posts, maybe I didn't. If any player does not care about the result of a game they play in when they wear the RW&B, they should be called out - however, sadly, just not being good enough is the likely reason. Something that is changing. Let's enjoy this roller coaster called St Kilda.
LOL - I agree - but something seemed to have happened this year - maybe it is the emergence of King - maybe it is the introduction of a stronger belief system - maybe it is that we have done some solid recruiting

Something feels different - but I think mostly it is an internal belief

[I am 100% on board, however, I need to tell that to my Apple Watch - twice at the game it alerted me to high heart rate whilst being inactive - lol]

― Aristophanes