Lade v Ratten

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lade v Ratten

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 9:57am
I'm not going to argue with any of that. This forum, shaded in anonymity, is proned to grandstanding.
But, just because you find yourself spruiking anti-covid rhetoric from a soap box, to crowds gathered to adore or abhor the Saints, it doesn't mean you aren't guilty of the same grandstanding.
Do you think you are misunderstood, or just far more enlightened than the rest of our average anonymous punters.
I find you amusing, engaging and even informative at times. But I've seen 9 people in clinical settings, die from COVID, it is a highly sensitive issue.
Anyway, don't let me keep you from your fun.
I suppose I was being specific with the type of grandstanding, for example the type Killa is deploying and then your pile on.

The topic of removing mandates and close contact rules is now being recommended by our top health officials who advise governments so to suggest my opinions are dangerous is just ridiculous grandstanding and not deeply rooted in fact.

So the link between my views on the outdated AFL rules barring Ratts from the game today are not only far from dangerous, they are shared by this countries top medical advisors to government on covid. And there certainly shouldn't be calls for mods to shut down a conversation that is relevant to what is happening in our game today and the topic of covid still unfairly impacting the AFL comp with unjustifiable close contact rule's.

The irony is, while Ratts is at home today, many positive Covid infected fans will be attending the game.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 10:57am
I'm not going to argue with any of that. This forum, shaded in anonymity, is proned to grandstanding.
But, just because you find yourself spruiking anti-covid rhetoric from a soap box, to crowds gathered to adore or abhor the Saints, it doesn't mean you aren't guilty of the same grandstanding.
Do you think you are misunderstood, or just far more enlightened than the rest of our average anonymous punters.
I find you amusing, engaging and even informative at times. But I've seen 9 people in clinical settings, die from COVID, it is a highly sensitive issue.
I suppose I was being specific with the type of grandstanding, for example the type Killa is deploying and then your pile on.

The topic of removing mandates and close contact rules is now being recommended by our top health officials who advise governments so to suggest my opinions are dangerous is just ridiculous grandstanding and not deeply rooted in fact.

So the link between my views on the outdated AFL rules barring Ratts from the game today are not only far from dangerous, they are shared by this countries top medical advisors to government on covid. And there certainly shouldn't be calls for mods to shut down a conversation that is relevant to what is happening in our game today and the topic of covid still unfairly impacting the AFL comp with unjustifiable close contact rule's.

The irony is, while Ratts is at home today, many positive Covid infected fans will be attending the game.
The reality is Vortex, you could post about it in the general forum as much as you like, but the seating capacity over there isn't big enough for you. No one gives a f*** about your opinion. You are being labelled as a pest, not someone who needs to be censored and you are fully aware. There's some irony for you.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Hey Vortex

In the words of Andy Garcia from ‘8 Million Ways to Die’ (that glorious VHS movie I hired from Video Ezy in the 1980’s);

You don't make the rules here today baby

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 11:06am

The reality is Vortex, you could post about it in the general forum as much as you like, but the seating capacity over there isn't big enough for you. No one gives a f*** about your opinion. You are being labelled as a pest, not someone who needs to be censored and you are fully aware. There's some irony for you.
I generally like your contributions but you have a reputation of going the man when you can't get your point across with calm logical persuasive argument. You should work on that.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 1:04pm
saintsRrising wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 11:39am
Vortex wrote: Fri 15 Apr 2022 11:21am It's just ludicrous Ratts isn't allowed to be in the coaches box. All restrictions have been removed and the good ole AFL feel the need to keep their virtue signals going strong.

Bloody crazy.
Err no, if you are positive you still have to isolate.

Ratts has tested positive. So he has covid and can infect others. So exactly the same as if he had a dose of Flu he should not be in the coaches box. People who would "soldier on" with the Flu in the past was the "bloody crazy" part.

Players have also missed AFL games in the past due to having the Flu.

He is allowed to communicate with those in the coaches box on match day, as normally AFL coaches/players are not allowed to communicate with those not at the game.
If you aren't in a high risk category then the best thing you can do is catch coivid. Natural immunity is your best protection and is the best way to eradicate the disease.

So many people catching covid (vaxxed and unvaxxed) and barely feel sick or are asymptomatic and so many people not isolating. Why the AFL feels the need to continue virtue signalling is beyond common sense.

So many people who are positive with coivid will attend the game this week so why shouldn't Ratts go and coach. Just silly really.

The only reason he knows he's got it is because the AFL are forcing testing 10 times a day. Stop testing like most people in the general community and the AFL can return to normal.

Makes sense really doesn't it.
No it doesn't. It is, in fact, nonsense. At the moment, more than thirty people a day are dying in Australia from Covid-19, that's ten times the rate of seasonal flu. So far this year, more than 4000 have died and that's just in 3 and a half months. Remember the hysteria in 2020 when Victoria had 800 deaths in its second wave which was also 3 and half months in duration. And that was without a vaccine. So please don't be one of those people who only recognise a problem when it directly affects them. I know an ER doctor who has told me terrible stories about the people who are still arriving by ambulance with Covid, unable to breathe. Many of those also thought it was something that would only happen to others and, in any case, it's just like a cold. ER doctors have had to bump people with other illnesses who at least can breathe but still may die if not treated urgently. And when a doctor or a nurse gets the virus? Are you really suggesting that surgeons and nurses should simply ignore their illness and operate on the most vulnerable people?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 11:41am

No it doesn't. It is, in fact, nonsense. At the moment, more than thirty people a day are dying in Australia from Covid-19, that's ten times the rate of seasonal flu. So far this year, more than 4000 have died and that's just in 3 and a half months. Remember the hysteria in 2020 when Victoria had 800 deaths in its second wave which was also 3 and half months in duration. And that was without a vaccine. So please don't be one of those people who only recognise a problem when it directly affects them. I know an ER doctor who has told me terrible stories about the people who are still arriving by ambulance with Covid, unable to breathe. Many of those also thought it was something that would only happen to others and, in any case, it's just like a cold. ER doctors have had to bump people with other illnesses who at least can breathe but still may die if not treated urgently. And when a doctor or a nurse gets the virus? Are you really suggesting that surgeons and nurses should simply ignore their illness and operate on the most vulnerable people?
See this is why we are struggling as a human race, you've gone off fully cocked and built in a decent amount or hysteria to the conversation. Go right back to some of my first comments I made in this thread and read my caveat re people in the high risk category. My best mate flys a rescue chopper for QGair and his partner runs the intensive care department so I get direct opinions from people who have been on the Covid front line since day one and they certainly don't portray the hysteria you are generating about how Covid should NOW be managed outside high thier high risk environment. In fact they support what many medical professionals are suggesting now re mandates and close contact rules. These views seem to be supported by our top medical professionals who advise our governments. Some of thier opinions can be read in this ABC article from. Yesterday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-15/ ... /100991918

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 11:38am

I generally like your contributions but you have a reputation of going the man when you can't get your point across with calm logical persuasive argument. You should work on that.
Lol. I could lie to you, and try to persuade you with a random article from some obscure website but similarly to you, my reputation proceeds me. Perhaps we both have work to do.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:17pm

Lol. I could lie to you, and try to persuade you with a random article from some obscure website but similarly to you, my reputation proceeds me. Perhaps we both have work to do.
Possibly but what I'd like you to work on just to strengthen your game is to not butt into a conversation half cocked with little to no knowledge or facts just to attack the man. You won't make it at the elite level until you get better in that space.

You're welcome. GO SAINTS.

ps I'm going to to start drinking early in preparation for today's game so my calm logical reasoning may go out the door soon and you may have a chance at winning an argument as the game progresses.

Ps. if the Saints win today I will pick up some handy cash on a 4 leg multi.

Lions
Dogs
Swans
....only need the Saints to come in now.

Giddyup!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

If you are offended by 'no one gives a f*** about your opinion' while you consistently beat your head against a brick wall with your standard lines, waiting till you are blood soaked by your own actions and then pleading foul play, I apologise.
The first 3months of your opinion were topical and tolerable. I think you are well passed your best argument though, that's all. It appears to others that you are enjoying the reactions. I just thought there might be hope for a conversation including you that stays on topic.
I'm not affiliated or in agreement with Killa and many others either.
I just like topics that are easy to follow and not corrupted by one man's opinion about a loosely relevant opportunity, to tell us all we are fools for following rules that you can't escape, influence or change.
Have at it Vortex, you don't bother me at all, but I'll reiterate for the sake of peace. I dont give a f*** about your views on COVID protocols.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:31pm

If you are offended by 'no one gives a f*** about your opinion' while you consistently beat your head against a brick wall with your standard lines, waiting till you are blood soaked by your own actions and then pleading foul play, I apologise.
The first 3months of your opinion were topical and tolerable. I think you are well passed your best argument though, that's all. It appears to others that you are enjoying the reactions. I just thought there might be hope for a conversation including you that stays on topic.
I'm not affiliated or in agreement with Killa and many others either.
I just like topics that are easy to follow and not corrupted by one man's opinion about a loosely relevant opportunity, to tell us all we are fools for following rules that you can't escape, influence or change.
Have at it Vortex, you don't bother me at all, but I'll reiterate for the sake of peace. I dont give a f*** about your views on COVID protocols.
You're still welcome CQ, burp!

Together we'll grow stupid together...burp!

I beer down already.

Happy Easter btw....burp!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Back on topic, I'f we lose today I'll blame these stupid close contact rules...burp!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Oh, just because we may be similar in some aspects, in regards to your opinion and self defence, I didn't pile on to Killa's post, I asked if making uncorrected statements about isolation protocols, that are still in place, is what you consider to be a persuasive argument.
For arguments sake, it was a beauty, but as far as understanding of Ratten's circumstances and the thread, it was just a lie or a delusion of some sort. You're also welcome.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:52pm Oh, just because we may be similar in some aspects, in regards to your opinion and self defence, I didn't pile on to Killa's post, I asked if making uncorrected statements about isolation protocols, that are still in place, is what you consider to be a persuasive argument.
For arguments sake, it was a beauty, but as far as understanding of Ratten's circumstances and the thread, it was just a lie or a delusion of some sort. You're also welcome.
Looks over the top of his beer with a truculent yet cheeky glint in his eye...and releases a surging body of gas...burp!

Time to let it go CQ and get your mind back on the game. We can continue your schooling next week.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 1:06pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 12:52pm Oh, just because we may be similar in some aspects, in regards to your opinion and self defence, I didn't pile on to Killa's post, I asked if making uncorrected statements about isolation protocols, that are still in place, is what you consider to be a persuasive argument.
Looks over the top of his beer with a truculent yet cheeky glint in his eye...and releases a surging body of gas...burp!

Time to let it go CQ and get your mind back on the game. We can continue your schooling next week.
Enjoy the beer Vortex and hopefully the game too, you can enjoy wins, you know.

Then get onto them lesson plans, you'll need to lift your game.

Killa
Club Player

I would make the point that my engagement was as a response to a contributor promoting no protocols in the face of a pandemic

That is made plain in my opening paragraph

The first defence, hey?

Look over there

It is not me, it is someone else

Over 90% of eligible people are vaccinated

People are self testing and isolating if they test positive

Fortunately, the very, very great number of people are responsible

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Lade @ 100%

Ratten @ not 100%

Is this the answer? Is this what the thread is about? I sensed someone wanting to use the word efficacy. Lade at 100% efficacy - Ratten positive but stable.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Never judge coaches by win loss alone

Better way to judge them is by expected wins

Ie/ if it’s win loss, Chris Scott is the best coach (70 odd percent)

IMO he has underachieved with Geelong - with their cattle, their recruiting strategy and home ground advantage

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

B.M., I don't think anyone really cares about this thread anymore but I agree with your post.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 5:22pm Lade @ 100%

Ratten @ not 100%

Is this the answer? Is this what the thread is about? I sensed someone wanting to use the word efficacy. Lade at 100% efficacy - Ratten positive but stable.
Love the passion.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 5:41pm

Ratten @ not 100%

Love the passion.
You're drunk Vortex, put your winnings on the bar.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 5:43pm

Ratten @ not 100%

Love the passion.
Mate it's been on the bar since the end of the third...I'd even buy you one if you could collect. I'm starting to believe, what about you?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 6:24pm

Ratten @ not 100%

Love the passion.
Mate it's been on the bar since the end of the third...I'd even buy you one if you could collect. I'm starting to believe, what about you?
I've always said I'd buy you a beer & discuss cr@p, our differences. 100% I'm believing what you are (St Kilda wise). There will be hiccups but we are improving with each match, each month, each season & each draft.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 6:29pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 16 Apr 2022 6:24pm

Ratten @ not 100%

Love the passion.
I've always said I'd buy you a beer & discuss cr@p, our differences. 100% I'm believing what you are (St Kilda wise). There will be hiccups but we are improving with each match, each month, each season & each draft.
Mate 3 weeks ago I thought we were soft and selfish. We had skills, but getting that skilll to play with intensity consistently quarter after quarter was something I lacked confidence in. To be brutally honest, I don't recognise the team we watched today. Where the farg did they come from.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

They've been building mate. You can tell players want responsibility now. I was bullish prior to our praccy game & doubting my belief after losing to Collingwood.

The resilience during the Freo game & now the pantsings of 3 sides people believed we were on par with (4/5 best 22 short) has me believing we are a final's side. Dees & Lions, then 4 or 5 others.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Long season ahead

1 week at a time for me.

Good start to the season after a disappointing r1