The Conversation That Needs To Be Had

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Conversation That Needs To Be Had

Josh Battle wrote: Wed 03 Nov 2021 11:29pm Never thought you’d be an apologist for Lethlean and Finnis. You’ve gone soft Teflon

Don’t just conveniently ignore the 2-3 years before we got the players you mentioned.

You have to brave enough to give it a go and we know that GT got close last time when he was part of the club. Finnis and Lethlean cannot stay in their roles imo. I’d only have 1 of them and maybe Matt is the one.

Maybe Simon has realised that he should leave the recruiting job to the recruiters….and hey…if Simon isn’t going to oversee that area and if he’s going to step back from a few other areas as well, then why the hell should he still be there?

I think that Bassett should still be President, but I’d like to see GT in some capacity at our club. It’ll be nearly as interesting as watching Teflon implode
You mean the 2 to 3 years before Lethlean and Bassat came on board?

Lethlean & Bassat have been in their roles for 3 years and took over a basketcase and made the finals in that time

As General Manager of Football Lethlean has certain departments underneath him and as far as we know he lets the recruiting department do their job ..... so not sure what you are on about there

As far as GT being in some capacity at the club ..... well it would certainly be interesting but i doubt in a good way ...... unless you like drama, upheaval and being at loggerheads with everyone and anyone all to feed his ginormous my way or the highway ego

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 04 Nov 2021 12:15am
Josh Battle wrote: Wed 03 Nov 2021 11:29pm Never thought you’d be an apologist for Lethlean and Finnis. You’ve gone soft Teflon

Don’t just conveniently ignore the 2-3 years before we got the players you mentioned.

You have to brave enough to give it a go and we know that GT got close last time when he was part of the club. Finnis and Lethlean cannot stay in their roles imo. I’d only have 1 of them and maybe Matt is the one.

Maybe Simon has realised that he should leave the recruiting job to the recruiters….and hey…if Simon isn’t going to oversee that area and if he’s going to step back from a few other areas as well, then why the hell should he still be there?

I think that Bassett should still be President, but I’d like to see GT in some capacity at our club. It’ll be nearly as interesting as watching Teflon implode

Lethlean & Bassat have been in their roles for 3 years and took over a basketcase and made the finals in that time

As General Manager of Football Lethlean has certain departments underneath him and as far as we know he lets the recruiting department do their job ..... so not sure what you are on about there

As far as GT being in some capacity at the club ..... well it would certainly be interesting but i doubt in a good way ...... unless you like drama, upheaval and being at loggerheads with everyone and anyone all to feed his ginormous my way or the highway ego
Add to that I'm not sure GT has ever been at the Club in any capacity that didn't end with him being paid.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Nothing like the facts getting in the way of a good story hey Josh??
I do admire your logic though
“Let’s just bring GT back to give it a go hey...?”
That’ll take us forward...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 04 Nov 2021 8:34am

Add to that I'm not sure GT has ever been at the Club in any capacity that didn't end with him being paid.
Or suing the club on the way out (I mean you may as well stuff your pockets with gold if you’ve been given the arse ....especially if you just bleed for the good of the club... :D

“Yeah….nah””