Might Chris Scott retire?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Might Chris Scott retire?

And do what.
That smug, arrogant, faux intellectual condescending media persona has limited transferability.

Perhaps politics.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

He may apply to be a security guy, at the football, walking the coaches to and from the ground.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saynta
Saintsational Legend

More suited to be a prison guard.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 28 Aug 2021 5:06pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 28 Aug 2021 4:16pm ….. You’d have to argue his brother Brad was a pretty good coach for North. They were always decent……
Both were filthy dogs on the footy field…..
Decent is not a word that I can associate with either of those two.
Ha..

Actually, I meant, ‘North were always decent’..under Brad Scott.

I think the meddling of their ‘footy people’ , including the removal of Harvey, Dal etc., and the massive ‘clean slate’ initiatives were not Brad’s and that made life difficult for him as a coach so performance fell off in the end.

This is a real problem with AFL clubs now…What authority does a coach have, if the board can just play musical chairs with other clubs boards and special departments, reviews and the like and ultimately this plays havoc with the vision and plan of a coach?

We should take note. Grant Thomas got some attention this last month here…he was autocratic And I think it’s a fair question…Do we ‘bow to the Fuhrer’ or do we let the various club suits, committees and review contractors make the decisions - or in the case of Carlton…do we go through all the shanigans and then just let charisma play it’s work, exercise arbitrariness and select on our whims and intuitions.

As the various boards and executives shuffle between clubs this week…I think it’s a concern to be aware of.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!