What we did

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: What we did

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 29 Jun 2021 6:07pm I think they are a very good team, not as great as Brisbane or Hawthorn, and have earned their place in history to be regarded as such. Having a once in a generation player does not guarantee you a flag, let alone 3 in 4 years.
I'd take Brisbanes and/or Hawthorn's dynasty flags over Richmonds 2 flags and a COVID cup.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 29 Jun 2021 6:30pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 29 Jun 2021 6:07pm I think they are a very good team, not as great as Brisbane or Hawthorn, and have earned their place in history to be regarded as such. Having a once in a generation player does not guarantee you a flag, let alone 3 in 4 years.
I'd take Brisbanes and/or Hawthorn's dynasty flags over Richmonds 2 flags and a COVID cup.
I'd take their COVID cup. You gave it a name change or is the asterisk silent these days?

I'm sensing your theories are bubbling away again, to be released in any given thread.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 29 Jun 2021 6:44pm
I'd take their COVID cup. You gave it a name change or is the asterisk silent these days?

I'm sensing your theories are bubbling away again, to be released in any given thread.
I'm sensing you're baiting me, isn't there someone else you can do that with.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 29 Jun 2021 7:09pm
Ghost Like wrote: Tue 29 Jun 2021 6:44pm

I'm sensing you're baiting me, isn't there someone else you can do that with.
Feel free to report me Vortex. I know you know where the button is.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The match day thread is a good guide to get a sense of how the supporters are seeing the game. I read the whole match day thread on Saintsational after the game finished and it reminded me of my own feelings. During that first quarter there were more negative posts than positive ones and people predicting another loss coming. The Tigers were generally outplaying us for the first 10-15 minutes.

I was absolutely crapping my pants...while hoping for the best. If the Tigers had nailed their early shots on goal it could have given them the momentum to keep kicking majors...and more importantly...it could have sapped the confidence and the energy out of our boys.

I think the fact that we were only a few goals up at half time, meant that it was still anyone's game (so my sphynctor was still pretty tight) and therefore kudos to the team and to the coaching staff for the result in the end

axcellence
Club Player

Having Marshall and Ryder both helped...

Not sold on the idea that the team's turned a corner. Let's see if they can back it up.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

axcellence wrote: Tue 29 Jun 2021 10:23pm Having Marshall and Ryder both helped...

Not sold on the idea that the team's turned a corner. Let's see if they can back it up.
I don't think any sane supporter is saying we have turned the corner more just grateful we could get it together to give us some hope that next year might be better :wink: