Selection issues.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

minneapolis
Club Player

Re: Selection issues.

remboy wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:28pm
Toy Saint wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:16pm So who goes out?

Mckernan, Bytell, Webster or another?
Gawn worries me. I’m not sure who is the better option out of McKernan and Hunter. I would have thought McKenzie would go. I hope Bytel keeps his spot but it’s probably a toss up.
I am concerned that McKernan is not fit enough to go up and back with Gawn.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm not a fan of changing winning teams unless for injury. There's lots of concern about Gawn, but it's a team game and more than one player. Hunter and McKernan just need to compete physically and that will be enough- the biggest concern is how we move the ball by foot. We need to keep eyes down and put the ball in front of team mates, play a shorter game into the forward half- once we bomb, then players like Gawn get it easy.

bergsone
SS Life Member

spert wrote: Thu 25 Mar 2021 8:27am I'm not a fan of changing winning teams unless for injury. There's lots of concern about Gawn, but it's a team game and more than one player. Hunter and McKernan just need to compete physically and that will be enough- the biggest concern is how we move the ball by foot. We need to keep eyes down and put the ball in front of team mates, play a shorter game into the forward half- once we bomb, then players like Gawn get it easy.
Hope we dont get tempted to bomb too much with King back in the side,if we do must at least bring the ball to the ground for our smalls

diddley
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 11:15pm
How to make up to M. Wood for last minute replacement and manage his disappointment/embarrassment.
I know right. I’d be terrible in that situation having to break the news. Good thing it’s not his first ever game, just the first for a new club.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I know Ratten loves Josh Battle because of his versatility and hardness, but does he hit the score board enough when playing forward? He works hard but rarely gets separation from his opponent. I wonder if Ratts will consider replacing him with Woods at some stage?

At least these players can keep the pressure on those in the 22.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 26 Mar 2021 1:00pm I know Ratten loves Josh Battle because of his versatility and hardness, but does he hit the score board enough when playing forward? He works hard but rarely gets separation from his opponent. I wonder if Ratts will consider replacing him with Woods at some stage?

At least these players can keep the pressure on those in the 22.
I think it’s a bit more the case of who can get off the leash if you’ve got King, Membrey, Marshall, Battle and Paddy rotating through through the key forward post

Rather than dominating games, all seem to have patches were they bob up and kick 1-3 goals