Goodes riddance, Eddie gone!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

minneapolis
Club Player

Re: Goodes riddance, Eddie gone!

So I reckon the sponsors got him.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Sad day for society as a whole. A man who has done so much for the community and those in need is now judged and hung out to dry for a issue that is not isolated to him but his community wide. Will Eddie resigning change anything that has happened in the past? Eddie has said a lot of things that pissed me off his manipulation of the AFL through his media roles has been a disgrace but this is just wrong what has been forced upon him. Typical of a egg shell society we are now being forced to live in.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 6:32am Sad day for society as a whole. A man who has done so much for the community and those in need is now judged and hung out to dry for a issue that is not isolated to him but his community wide. Will Eddie resigning change anything that has happened in the past? Eddie has said a lot of things that pissed me off his manipulation of the AFL through his media roles has been a disgrace but this is just wrong what has been forced upon him. Typical of a egg shell society we are now being forced to live in.
yeah but it's Collingwood :)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 8:19am
CURLY wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 6:32am Sad day for society as a whole. A man who has done so much for the community and those in need is now judged and hung out to dry for a issue that is not isolated to him but his community wide. Will Eddie resigning change anything that has happened in the past? Eddie has said a lot of things that pissed me off his manipulation of the AFL through his media roles has been a disgrace but this is just wrong what has been forced upon him. Typical of a egg shell society we are now being forced to live in.
Correct and I hope that it derails them further. The fact still remains he was attacked and bullied until he broke. I hope Harry O is happy where this has headed.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 8:39am
The Fireman wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 8:19am
Correct and I hope that it derails them further. The fact still remains he was attacked and bullied until he broke. I hope Harry O is happy where this has headed.
agree

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Misunderstood or not ...
Unfortunately for him, he'll never get the King Kong (giant monkey/comment) off his back.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I love how some consider 'not being racist' as having to 'walk on eggshells'.

Boomers gunna boom i suppose!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:07am I love how some consider 'not being racist' as having to 'walk on eggshells'.

The morally outraged will be outraged I guess.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:16am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:07am I love how some consider 'not being racist' as having to 'walk on eggshells'.

I suppose "they were asking for it" by walking around being black, hey Curly!?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:28am
CURLY wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:16am

I suppose "they were asking for it" by walking around being black, hey Curly!?
There's always these type of morally outraged isn't there. :roll: :roll: Clearly your racist with comments like that.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:54am Look away Curly!

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2021/02/09 ... imination/

:lol:

Yep targeted and bullied while all his charity work with is all inclusive and all his work with minorities is ignored. But hey let's hang a person out to dry for being in a enviroment that a majority of us have worked in.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Haha, nice one, make sure to use that opening line at your next MRA meeting!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 10:14am Haha, nice one, make sure to use that opening line at your next MRA meeting!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep throwing out your tired barbs your hater. You hate everything and anyone that doesn't share your views or beliefs. Go to South Korea and live.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 09 Feb 2021 7:59pm Thankfully we dont have to hear about him any longer...
By far the best part.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

:roll: :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 10:36am

What we have here is the moral guardian for us all. His and only his thoughts or beliefs are correct anything that goes against that makes you a boomer apparently. :shock:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Some of them just can’t accept that society standards have changed. Whether it’s racism, sexism, or intolerance of people that are different to you, we have laws in Australia and most countries to force the dinosaurs to change their thinking.

I was watching movies from the 60’s on youtube and it’s amazing how often you’d see a bloke slap his Mrs or even slap a woman that he wasn’t related to. I guess it was seen as something ‘normal’ and accepted back then. You’d often see rape scenes in these films and the ladies or young girls would just go about their business half an hour later and there was no suggestion of reporting it to police or any thoughts of trauma counselling for the victims. The perpetrators were not thought of as criminals. They were seen as real men who could take what they wanted and after all; it was normal and healthy behaviour back then for a virulent male wasn’t

Herestheir thinking: “Who cares if a bloke get’s offended by a little joke about about his skin colour. It was normal and accepted behaviour to make racist jokes in the 60’s and 70’s.”

The first time that a law was passed in the Federal parliament to make it a crime to discriminate against people for the colour of their skin was in 1975. Australia practiced apartheid. We segregated the indigenous folk and banned them from being in the company of white folk.Racism exists because you were told it’s normal. It was institutionalised and it was seen as God’s way
Last edited by Scollop on Wed 10 Feb 2021 11:02am, edited 3 times in total.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

E ddie is a boomer.
Unluckily for him.
Gen X started 62 days after his birthday.
What a bummer for him.
That settles it then.
Cheap shot.
He should have known better.
100 suits won’t make a difference.
But I’ll be serving him tea and scones at Portsea.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 10:54am

Some of them just can’t accept that society standards have changed. Whether it’s racism, sexism, or intolerance of people that are different to you, we have laws in Australia and most countries to force the dinosaurs to change their thinking.

I was watching movies from the 60’s on youtube and it’s amazing how often you’d see a bloke slap his Mrs or even slap a woman that he wasn’t related to. I guess it was seen as something ‘normal’ and accepted back then. You’d often see rape scenes in these films and the ladies or young girls would just go about their business half an hour later and there was no suggestion of reporting it to police or any thoughts of trauma counselling for the victims. The perpetrators were not thought of as criminals. They were seen as real men who could take what they wanted and after all; it was normal and healthy behaviour back then for a virulent male wasn’t

Herestheir thinking: “Who cares if a bloke get’s offended by a little joke about about his skin colour. It was normal and accepted behaviour to make racist jokes in the 60’s and 70’s.”

The first time that a law was passed in the Federal parliament to make it a crime to discriminate against people for the colour of their skin was in 1975. Australia practiced apartheid. We segregated the indigenous folk and banned them from being in the company of white folk.Racism exists because you were told it’s normal. It was institutionalised and it was seen as God’s way
What utter f****** rubbish.Rape is rape. Was in 1966 when I was working in the Supreme Court in Canberra and still is. Main difference was that in 1966 if you were convicted of rape, The judge put a black hat on and sentenced you to death. Now the courts are f****** week and soft on such crime.

Earlier on the sixties I worked for a transport/trucking company in Launceston called F H Stevens. I worked with people whose surnames were Mansell, Maynard, Brown and Atkinson. Mutton birders in the mutton bird season on Cape Barren Island and all aboriginals. I can't speak for the rest of Australia but there was no segregation there in Tasmania in the sixties and I regarded these people as my friends and colleagues.
So stop trying to rewrite f****** history from your memories of films you remember seeing FFS. :roll: :roll:
Last edited by saynta on Thu 11 Feb 2021 10:23am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 10:43am

What we have here is the moral guardian for us all. His and only his thoughts or beliefs are correct anything that goes against that makes you a boomer apparently. :shock:
Let's have a quick look at things Curly DOESN'T see a problem with...
Systemic racism
Discriminating against the LGBT community
Gay conversion therapy
Men barraging women with unsolicited dick-pics

A list of the things Curly DOES see a problem with...
White men being held accountable for their actions
Umpires

And all that's just the last few weeks! :shock:

I think a moral guardian is exactly what you need at this point!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

whats the ‘black hat ‘ reference all about Shark

was that a literal thing or the vibe of the thing ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

a black hat on under his horsehair

(is that it ?) ... before the sentencing

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 11:30am
Scollop wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 10:54am

What utter f****** rubbish.Rape is rape. Was in 1966 when I was working in the Supreme Court in Canberra and still is. Main difference was that in 1966 if you were convicted of rape, The judge put a black hat on and sentenced you to death. Now the courts are f****** week and soft on such crime.

Earlier on the sixties I worked for a transport/trucking company in Launceston called F H Stevenson. I worked with people whose surnames were Mansell, Maynard, Brown and Atkinson. Mutton birders in the mutton bird season on Cape Barren Island and all aboriginals. I can't speak for the rest of Australia but there was no segregation there in Tasmania in the sixties and I regarded these people as my friends and colleagues.
So stop trying to rewrite f****** history from your memories of films you remember seeing FFS. :roll: :roll:
In 1960 aboriginal people didn't have the rights to vote in Federal elections and men were allowed to rape their wives.

Are these the 'good old days' that I keep getting told are being ruined by 'PC culture'?