Steele Equal 3rd In Brownlow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Steele Equal 3rd In Brownlow

loris wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 5:24pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 10:57am
saynta wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 10:55am From afl.com.au

4. Excuse me, coach

The curious case of Luke Dunstan got St Kilda fans' tongues wagging during the Brownlow Medal count. The midfielder was awarded one vote for a 21-disposal, nine-tackle performance against North Melbourne in round one, but was dropped for the following round (nearly three months later due to the COVID-19 break). He was unable to break back into the side until a torn pectoral muscle effectively ruled him out from July onwards. Dunstan wasn't the only player to poll votes and then be omitted, with North Melbourne's Jared Polec picking up one vote against Carlton in round eight and then finding himself out of the team the following week.
Yep, didn't deserve to be dropped after that game, I would hope that without his injury he would have played a bit this year.
He may not have come back from the Covid break in the best of condition? Maybe that was a reason. As there was quite a few months between Round1 & Round 2. He rarely comes back in pre-seasons in ripping condition, he usually trims down a little once the season gets well under way. Poor fellow has that chunky body build and I’d imagine trying to keep his skin folds at the required level would be difficult. I think he’d only have to walk past a cake or a beer & he’d put on a few kilos!!
I know someone like that.

:oops: :oops:

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Steele Equal 3rd In Brownlow

Teflon wrote: Sun 18 Oct 2020 10:33pm Imagine had we taken Petracca and still nabbed Steele.....sliding doors geezus
The word STILL means it's a bucket of cold water fuelling your wet dream. Didn't happen.

Saint supporter since '62