Tom Phillips??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Phillips??

Vortex wrote: Sun 18 Oct 2020 8:15am
takeaway wrote: Sun 18 Oct 2020 7:51am
Teflon wrote: Sun 18 Oct 2020 12:27am
Gershwin wrote: Fri 16 Oct 2020 6:10pm From a keen Collingwood supporter:

"As much as I’ve enjoyed flipper, he kills you with turnovers and poor decision making. An absolute gut runner with a massive tank who can easily cover the turf but he’d be up there with the Gaff’s of the world if he could hit a target and be clinical in front of goal."
Interesting you saw in tonight’s game where cats were just that but cleaner and made better decisions in the big moments....that’s where carrying too many less skilled money ball types hurt you and finals often come down to a few moments...

No to people who can’t use the ball moderate to good
Yes, skilled ball users are very valuable. So now you've decided to keep Billings?
Aaron Fiora was a skilled ball user.
Lol :x

“Yeah….nah””
takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 18 Oct 2020 11:09pm

"As much as I’ve enjoyed flipper, he kills you with turnovers and poor decision making. An absolute gut runner with a massive tank who can easily cover the turf but he’d be up there with the Gaff’s of the world if he could hit a target and be clinical in front of goal."
Interesting you saw in tonight’s game where cats were just that but cleaner and made better decisions in the big moments....that’s where carrying too many less skilled money ball types hurt you and finals often come down to a few moments...

Yes, skilled ball users are very valuable. So now you've decided to keep Billings?
Not if he gets me Taranto
And I think Billings kicking is overrated his set shots under pressure are always a disappointment
But hey you’re all for stats.....and that’s all that matter right?
All for stats? Me? Exact opposite. Stats are overrated and overused, and most of them are useless.

However, sometimes they are all you have to try to sway a person's view when they don't watch games, or watch games with a unfavorable prepossession towards some players.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 7:31am

And I think Billings kicking is overrated his set shots under pressure are always a disappointment
All for stats? Me? Exact opposite. Stats are overrated and overused, and most of them are useless.

However, sometimes they are all you have to try to sway a person's view when they don't watch games, or watch games with a unfavorable prepossession towards some players.
Yes but when you identify those people let us know till then Billings for Taranto????? Yes please (no stats required)

“Yeah….nah””
takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:52am

Yes but when you identify those people let us know till then Billings for Taranto????? Yes please (no stats required)
Good to see your view of Billings value is rising. Previously you were trading Billings PLUS for Taranto and now its Billings for Taranto straight swap?

Good luck with that.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:44pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:52am

Good to see your view of Billings value is rising. Previously you were trading Billings PLUS for Taranto and now its Billings for Taranto straight swap?

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Latest rumour has Billings plus Lonie to Dogs for Dunkley
Where do I sign ??
You want some ham with those eggs?

“Yeah….nah””
takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 19 Oct 2020 10:48pm

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Where do I sign ??
Good move by dogs. Removes the problem of Billings killing it every time he plays them.
So you are searching everywhere for ideas to get rid of Billings? Where's that one from? ........ Ah, BF ... Thanks Pebbles.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Trading Billings????
Can I ask, and I'm sure many forumites would agree, that the source of these type of rumours please be posted. Love to know where this stuff originates. That way if I start reading "someone posted on big footy" I can immediately stop and move to another thread.
Cheers.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 20 Oct 2020 7:34am

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Where do I sign ??
Good move by dogs. Removes the problem of Billings killing it every time he plays them.
So you are searching everywhere for ideas to get rid of Billings? Where's that one from? ........ Ah, BF ... Thanks Pebbles.
Err....if it secures us a gun mid that Jack ain’t and ever gonna be....come on down Dunkley!!

And remind me again how last time we played Dogs Billings tore them apart?? Living off games 4 years ago don’t cut it I’m afraid ...

If this has legs.... you’re welcome Wilma!!!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:28am Trading Billings????
Can I ask, and I'm sure many forumites would agree, that the source of these type of rumours please be posted. Love to know where this stuff originates. That way if I start reading "someone posted on big footy" I can immediately stop and move to another thread.
Cheers.
You can ask or go do your own reading either way who gives a f%@$?

It’s a footy forum on the internet at or near trade time....don’t like rumours? best not log on???

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Billings is going nowhere. :roll: :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:28am Trading Billings????
Cheers.
Comes from big footy which should be renamed big crap. Just made up rubbish as I said on another thread.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:33pm

Billings is going nowhere. :roll: :roll:
Thanks Ted

“Yeah….nah””
SaintDippa
Club Player

@teflon
Missed my point. Love reading rumours. Just want to know the source.
When Billings is raised the source is important as imo laughable. He saint going nowhere.

takeaway
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:01pm

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Where do I sign ??
Err....if it secures us a gun mid that Jack ain’t and ever gonna be....come on down Dunkley!!

And remind me again how last time we played Dogs Billings tore them apart?? Living off games 4 years ago don’t cut it I’m afraid ...

Don't want Billings as a mid - Ratts has already indicated he wants him to spend more time forward as he hits the scoreboard, and moving between HF and wing & even around half back, plus a bit of mid time.

Billings vs Dogs? You're right, no need to go back 4-5 years. Sorry, no option but to use stats for reasons outlined in earlier post.

Let's see, last 3 H & A games ..... 2020 - 24 disposals, 3 goals, 2019 - 27 disposals 2 goals, 2018 - 27 disposals and a goal. Even the final this year, was tagged, and not as prolific, but was part of quite a few vital plays which resulted in goals or saving goals. Likely would not have won without him. Suggest you have a look at the game, Billings is No.15.

Seeing you won't get anywhere this year, suggest you revisit your trade JB topic next year, he will be RFA, that will give you more excitement. Unless Club re-signs him beforehand of course, which is very likely.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:05am

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Where do I sign ??

Don't want Billings as a mid - Ratts has already indicated he wants him to spend more time forward as he hits the scoreboard, and moving between HF and wing & even around half back, plus a bit of mid time.

Billings vs Dogs? You're right, no need to go back 4-5 years. Sorry, no option but to use stats for reasons outlined in earlier post.

Let's see, last 3 H & A games ..... 2020 - 24 disposals, 3 goals, 2019 - 27 disposals 2 goals, 2018 - 27 disposals and a goal. Even the final this year, was tagged, and not as prolific, but was part of quite a few vital plays which resulted in goals or saving goals. Likely would not have won without him. Suggest you have a look at the game, Billings is No.15.

Seeing you won't get anywhere this year, suggest you revisit your trade JB topic next year, he will be RFA, that will give you more excitement. Unless Club re-signs him beforehand of course, which is very likely.
:wink: :D :lol: 8-)

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:56am @teflon
When Billings is raised the source is important as imo laughable. He saint going nowhere.
The nature of a rumour is, that it is doubtful and it comes from an unverified account of events.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:22am
The nature of a rumour is, that it is doubtful and it comes from an unverified account of events.
Never believing anything that come from big wank would be a good start.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:45am
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:22am
Never believing anything that come from big wank would be a good start.
I have a feeling you know all about wanking soon argument from me there...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Where do I sign ??

Taranto rumour not going away......where’s there’s smoke.......there’s still hope!!! :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:07am

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Where do I sign ??

Sit Ubu sit.....

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:32pm
saynta wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:07am

Good luck with that.
Not so sure
Where do I sign ??

Sit Ubu sit.....
:lol: 8-)