Things I don't get

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: Things I don't get

skeptic wrote: Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:14pm The difference with Sirengate was that they could determine the exact point in which the game should have been stopped and essentially edit the rest out in a way they viewed as fair
Sirengate was BS. The rule up until then was that the match isn't over until the umpire calls it, regardless of sirens. I really don't care that they changed that rule afterwards, but stripping the points from us went against the AFL's own rules at the time and just destroyed their integrity and my faith in the game. For me, that was the time the game started to die and go downhill. As the years go by, one only learns how corrupted the whole thing is. I only care about the Saints now.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote: Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:14pm
skeptic wrote: Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:14pm The difference with Sirengate was that they could determine the exact point in which the game should have been stopped and essentially edit the rest out in a way they viewed as fair
Sirengate was BS. The rule up until then was that the match isn't over until the umpire calls it, regardless of sirens. I really don't care that they changed that rule afterwards, but stripping the points from us went against the AFL's own rules at the time and just destroyed their integrity and my faith in the game. For me, that was the time the game started to die and go downhill. As the years go by, one only learns how corrupted the whole thing is. I only care about the Saints now.
For me, Sirengate followed by the Hall stomach punch that saw him play in a GF a week later was when I gave up on any notion of fairness

ace
Saintsational Legend

The worst thing about Sirengate is that everyone of knows that had the teams been reversed, the AFL would have said the umpires whistle ends the game.
The St Kilda coach and staff would have been given suspensions and fines for entering the arena before the umpires ended play.
St Kilda would have been told to suck it up or be heavily fined for disputing the result and bringing the AFL into disrepute.
We all know this is how Demetriou would have treated us.
Deep down we all know the AFL is a business and will look after business first.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry saynta, you're not wrong. Semantics decree it is more than a couple.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:27pm
For me, Sirengate followed by the Hall stomach punch that saw him play in a GF a week later was when I gave up on any notion of fairness
That's right. That whole period was rife with BS and absolute inequity. Whispers in the sky is another one.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote: Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:35pm
skeptic wrote: Wed 19 Aug 2020 6:27pm
That's right. That whole period was rife with BS and absolute inequity. Whispers in the sky is another one.
* Right you are... Whispers in the sky is what I meant... that and the Hall incident both happened in 05

saynta
Saintsational Legend

So, for Freo to get screwed over by the maggots this time suits me fine. Karma can be a bitch. :wink: