Seb Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: Seb Ross

The_Dud wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 6:18pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 3:34pm
saynta wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 2:55pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 1:31pm I think Sebby's standing at our club is symbolic of the lack of accountability at the top echelons. I mean who thoguht it was a great idea to gift him 2 x TB awards.

I've been to a couple of training sessions so I know what I'm talking about.
Utterly disgraceful comment and no, you obviously haven't a f****** clue what you are talking about...imhfo, that is. :roll:
Sorry. I should have used the smart arse sarcasim emoji. Anyone that calls for Sebby to be dropped in the full strength comp is clueless but to call for his dropping in a pandemic year is embarrassing. It's the same posters who call for a 3rd of the team to be dropped and replaced by Bytel and Byrnes. Can you believe there are even posters who believe Byrnes is a much better option than Sebby and Dunny. Good on you for know your stuff.
Did you watch the game? What did you think of Seb's performance, especially compared to the rest of the midfielders?
I wanted to be as knowledgeable on the game as you are so I didn't. I thought Sebby ticked off one of his main KPIs which is assisted meters gained which was higher than any other midfielder on that measure which is what Ratts expects from Sebby so I'm certain Ratts is happy with Sebs contribution with all things considered. Let me know if you'd like me to explain what assited meters gained is and how it's caclulated.

I note you've demanded Gresh be dropped and I note 15 out of 21 poster's submitted votes for Gresh and he attracted 6 votes from the Coaches, Steely scored 10, my question is this, you watched the game, should you watch it twice?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 7:38pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 1:31pm I think Sebby's standing at our club is symbolic of the lack of accountability at the top echelons. I mean who thoguht it was a great idea to gift him 2 x TB awards.

Utterly disgraceful comment and no, you obviously haven't a f****** clue what you are talking about...imhfo, that is. :roll:
Sorry. I should have used the smart arse sarcasim emoji. Anyone that calls for Sebby to be dropped in the full strength comp is clueless but to call for his dropping in a pandemic year is embarrassing. It's the same posters who call for a 3rd of the team to be dropped and replaced by Bytel and Byrnes. Can you believe there are even posters who believe Byrnes is a much better option than Sebby and Dunny. Good on you for know your stuff.
Did you watch the game? What did you think of Seb's performance, especially compared to the rest of the midfielders?
I wanted to be as knowledgeable on the game as you are so I didn't. I thought Sebby ticked off one of his main KPIs which is assisted meters gained which was higher than any other midfielder on that measure which is what Ratts expects from Sebby so I'm certain Ratts is happy with Sebs contribution with all things considered. Let me know if you'd like me to explain what assited meters gained is and how it's caclulated.

I note you've demanded Gresh be dropped and I note 15 out of 21 poster's submitted votes for Gresh and he attracted 6 votes from the Coaches, Steely scored 10, my question is this, you watched the game, should you watch it twice?
:D
:roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

If you could post a link to those stats that would be great. I hope it’s a better one than the tv ratings or soft tissue injuries...

What did you think of Gresh’s game, especially his kicking? Were you happy with his efficiency? What did you think of his goal kicking technique? Do you think him overly playing for free kicks is sustainable? What did you think of Gresh’s game compared to the likes of Steele and Jones?

Did you watch the game?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 7:57pm

If you could post a link to those stats that would be great. I hope it’s a better one than the tv ratings or soft tissue injuries...

What did you think of Gresh’s game, especially his kicking? Were you happy with his efficiency? What did you think of his goal kicking technique? Do you think him overly playing for free kicks is sustainable? What did you think of Gresh’s game compared to the likes of Steele and Jones?

Did you watch the game?
Drop Gresh...LOL!

There is a poster on here that watches footy on the TV with the sound turned down, I'm thinking you watch it turned off.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 8:21pm

Did you watch the game?
Drop Gresh...LOL!

There is a poster on here that watches footy on the TV with the sound turned down, I'm thinking you watch it turned off.
So clearly you’re just making up sh*t again?

No link? It’s really not that difficult.

What did you think of Gresh’s delivery into the forward line compared to say, Jones’?

Did you watch the game?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 12:47pm These conversations are very reminiscent of the 2000 team... remember these names
Tony Delaney
Jason Trianedes
Gavin Mitchell
Tim Elliot
Justin Plapp
Steven Sziller
Chad Davis

All of them with regularity did one or two good things a match but on the whole, were very average.
It’s not enough to just do a few nice things
Steven Sziller was a mile better than the others who were all duds.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 8:57pm

Did you watch the game?
Drop Gresh...LOL!

What did you think of Gresh’s delivery into the forward line compared to say, Jones’?

Did you watch the game?
That's good, let's focus on delivery into the forward line if that's your expert subject matter. Effective score and potential to score stats are valued highly by Ratts and although disposal efficiency is mainly a bit of slap and tickle for your averages HS stats reader, it is not necessarily the best measure for some players or set plays. Gresh's assisted meters gained will tell you more about his contribution to the side's ability to create the potential to score than disposal efficiency on it's own. Ask yourself, why did Gresh attract significant recognition from the coaches in thier player votes.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 9:39pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 8:57pm

Did you watch the game?
Drop Gresh...LOL!

Did you watch the game?
That's good, let's focus on delivery into the forward line if that's your expert subject matter. Effective score and potential to score stats are valued highly by Ratts and although disposal efficiency is mainly a bit of slap and tickle for your averages HS stats reader, it is not necessarily the best measure for some players or set plays. Gresh's assisted meters gained will tell you more about his contribution to the side's ability to create the potential to score than disposal efficiency on it's own. Ask yourself, why did Gresh attract significant recognition from the coaches in thier player votes.
What did you think of Gresh’s game, did you watch?

Still haven’t posted that link to your ‘stats’ 👍

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I’d say if Luke Dunstan was available, Seb might be in trouble. I rate him, but his form has been ordinary. No doubt he will pick up, hopefully soon.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 1:05pm I’d say if Luke Dunstan was available, Seb might be in trouble. I rate him, but his form has been ordinary. No doubt he will pick up, hopefully soon.
If Luke didn't get injured its more than likely he would be playing alongside Sebby due to a lack of AFL ready midfielders knocking down the door at Sandy....hang on.

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Tonight on the Sponsors/Coterie Zoom meeting Ratts was asked about Seb.
He admitted Seb played a shocker against Freo.

But Ratts said he was good against Adelaide.
Rough paraphrase - "Seb was good early but then after Battle was injured we moved him out of the midfield and played him off half back. There was one extended period where the game was played on the opposite side of the ground to Seb and the Crows wouldn't let us switch, so for about 18 minutes Seb was just flapping his arms to keep warm".

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 11:09pm Tonight on the Sponsors/Coterie Zoom meeting Ratts was asked about Seb.

Rough paraphrase - "Seb was good early but then after Battle was injured we moved him out of the midfield and played him off half back. There was one extended period where the game was played on the opposite side of the ground to Seb and the Crows wouldn't let us switch, so for about 18 minutes Seb was just flapping his arms to keep warm".
That would have to be the third quarter. Didn’t get a touch... thought hen might have been off injured

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 11:19am
saynta wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 11:12am
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 11:08am
saynta wrote: Tue 21 Jul 2020 10:47am Directly responsible for two goals. Brilliant tap to Butler and a lightening quick handpass to Howard for his first. A couple of strong tackles to boot. He earned his place despite some attempts to belittle his efforts.
Did you not read above? No one is disputing the tap to Butler - it was brilliant. He had a 2 on 1 and made it happen. Or the bullet to Howard - terrific. But - he's a full time mid ... 100% time on ball ... and he's dished up 22 possessions in his last 8 quarters. That's less than 3 possessions a quarter. The 1st gamer had half his possession count last night FFS.

Yes - Seb's having a go but, his output for a senior experienced player is rubbish and your bizarre, blind defence of his output is just embarrassing for you.
Not how I see it. What is embarrassing is the concerted attempts to denigrate our vice captain each and every week....embarrassing for you guys that is.

If I hadn't posted it, his two brilliant goal assists would not have got a mention on this forum.

And for the record he is spending no where near 100% on the ball. Did you even watch the game?
Cannot you not read or did you purposely not read Skeptic mention of the two dinky taps above? Like I said - you're blind. And yes, I watched it all. And again this morning. Tell me where Seb's playing his footy then if it's not on ball. This part is going to be fun ...

PS - No one is denigrating the vice captain for sh!ts and giggles - it's simply calling out a bloke who's either fallen off the cliff or at best - out of form. Either way - I hope he gets it together really soon - for the team's sake - when you haven't got a great midfield to start, you can't carry a passenger ... especially an experienced one.
The coach has answered that question for you. :wink:

"Re: Seb Ross

Post by Enrico_Misso » Wed 22 Jul 10:09 pm
Tonight on the Sponsors/Coterie Zoom meeting Ratts was asked about Seb.

Vazelos
Club Player

The defense of Ross is embarrassing he is supposed to be one of our main A list midfielders.
How many times did he get his hand on the ball?
How many times did he drive the ball forward?
A good midfielder gets the contested ball or wins a clearance and drives it forward time and time again. He gets caught with the ball regularly as well. He is way down on his performance levels we need him to step up. We can’t rely on Hannabery he is injured mostly....
Fingers crossed Ross can snap into some better form we need him this week.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

:arrow:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 11:09pm Tonight on the Sponsors/Coterie Zoom meeting Ratts was asked about Seb.

So did anyone ask Ratts why he did not try swapping Ross from one flank to the other?

Or we just happy with Coff?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 12:54am The defense of Ross is embarrassing he is supposed to be one of our main A list midfielders.
How many times did he get his hand on the ball?
How many times did he drive the ball forward?
A good midfielder gets the contested ball or wins a clearance and drives it forward time and time again. He gets caught with the ball regularly as well. He is way down on his performance levels we need him to step up. We can’t rely on Hannabery he is injured mostly....
Fingers crossed Ross can snap into some better form we need him this week.
He was directly responsible for two goals. The coach defending Ross is not embarrassing imhfo, as the coach knows what Seb was asked to do. Which is a s*** load more than anyone on here knows, I might add. :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Saying that Ross was directly responsible for the Howard goal is very rich.

Carlisle won the contested ball
He hand balled it to an open Ross... albeit not the best handball
Ross then under little pressure hand balled it to Howard who actually had an opponent on him that he had to take on immediately which he did... and the rest is history

Suggesting that Ross set that up and assisted the goal is reaching of the highest order.
His role in that was quite literally receiving the ball, handballing to someone under pressure that went on to challenge and beat his man

On receiving the ball, Howard was in no position to have a shot... that goal was all him and his brilliance
Talk about creating a narrative

Secret Kiel
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 11:57am Saying that Ross was directly responsible for the Howard goal is very rich.

Ross then under little pressure hand balled it to Howard who actually had an opponent on him that he had to take on immediately which he did... and the rest is history

Suggesting that Ross set that up and assisted the goal is reaching of the highest order.
His role in that was quite literally receiving the ball, handballing to someone under pressure that went on to challenge and beat his man

On receiving the ball, Howard was in no position to have a shot... that goal was all him and his brilliance
Putting your bias aside for a moment, in an era where creatimg the potential to score and where the pressure on the player attempting to scoring has never been hotter or more difficult, our coaching system would rate the act by Sebby as highly as Howard's goal. Ratts uses the "effective score" and "potential to score" system developed by DOS to measure how well his game plan and set plays are working during a game and so both players scored very highly for that passage of play.

If Sebby doesn't win the contest and feed it to Howard then how the hell does Howard score or have the potential to score. Wouldn't it be marvelous if all scorring opportunities were from balls delivered perfectly to the score attempter who just happens to be completely in the open and without pressure from defenders. In this modern era those utopian set plays are extremely rare.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 12:42pm
skeptic wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 11:57am Saying that Ross was directly responsible for the Howard goal is very rich.

Putting your bias aside for a moment, in an era where creatimg the potential to score and where the pressure on the player attempting to scoring has never been hotter or more difficult, our coaching system would rate the act by Sebby as highly as Howard's goal. Ratts uses the "effective score" and "potential to score" system developed by DOS to measure how well his game plan and set plays are working during a game and so both players scored very highly for that passage of play.

If Sebby doesn't win the contest and feed it to Howard then how the hell does Howard score or have the potential to score. Wouldn't it be marvelous if all scorring opportunities were from balls delivered perfectly to the score attempter who just happens to be completely in the open and without pressure from defenders. In this modern era those utopian set plays are extremely rare.
Correct mate. It was a brilliant lightening fast handpass, something that Seb is very good at.

Don't let his detractors sway you, their obvious bias is plain for everyone to see,

I see elsewhere that his tap on to Butler is now being credited to Gears. Not surprised. At least the coach is happy with him. :wink:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 1:43pm

Correct mate. It was a brilliant lightening fast handpass, something that Seb is very good at.

Don't let his detractors sway you, their obvious bias is plain for everyone to see,

I see elsewhere that his tap on to Butler is now being credited to Gears. Not surprised. At least the coach is happy with him. :wink:
Hatters will hate. Can you believe there are posters who want Sebby dropped for Bytel and Byrnes.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 1:46pm

Hatters will hate. Can you believe there are posters who want Sebby dropped for Bytel and Byrnes.
I want both young players to be blooded this year but not at the expense of our vice captain. Does need to lift his output though.

The haters are, I believe. the same ones who wrote him off early in his career. Some posters, don't remember who and care even less, called for him to be traded. What a f****** joke.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Surely hatters will fabricate chapeaux? I believe it's the potters who want Sebby dropped.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

freely wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 4:32pm

Surely hatters will fabricate chapeaux? I believe it's the potters who want Sebby dropped.
Pot smokers??

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 4:35pm
freely wrote: Fri 24 Jul 2020 4:32pm

Pot smokers??
Red hat brigade maybe.

chapeau
/ˈʃapəʊ/
Learn to pronounce
nounHeraldry
noun: chapeau; plural noun: chapeaux

a hat or cap, typically a red one with an ermine lining, on which the crests of some peers are borne.