Votes v Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Votes v Pies

When that lazy lump of lard gets three votes, you know something's gone wrong somewhere!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 12:43pm When that lazy lump of lard gets three votes, you know something's gone wrong somewhere!
You must have have missed all his intercept marks. He took 9 marks in total

He played his role in defense and his kicks hit their targets.

He isn’t in the midfield. That’s where we got pantsed

He didn’t get some tall bloke kick multiple goals on him either

spert
Saintsational Legend

Great that a young guy in Paton is really coming good.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 10:03pm
freely wrote: Fri 26 Jun 2020 12:43pm When that lazy lump of lard gets three votes, you know something's gone wrong somewhere!

I don't say he WASN'T third best Scollop (although personally, I think I gave third to Clark) - I say that IF with his effort he was third best, we've got a problem!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 12:42am

I don't say he WASN'T third best Scollop (although personally, I think I gave third to Clark) - I say that IF with his effort he was third best, we've got a problem!
Sorry, when you called him a lazy lump of lard I mistakenly thought you were being negative towards him

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 12:48am
freely wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 12:42am

Sorry, when you called him a lazy lump of lard I mistakenly thought you were being negative towards him
Lol - I am being negative towards him! I'm saying he's a lazy lump of lard!!! And if that's the best we can dish up, we're in trouble.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I’ve usually ignored your opinions since you first started posting...when you likened Jack Watts with one of our star players in Nick Dal Santo... I’m not about to start rating your opinions anytime soon

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 1:04am I’ve usually ignored your opinions since you first started posting...when you likened Jack Watts with one of our star players in Nick Dal Santo... I’m not about to start rating your opinions anytime soon
Thanks scollop. I thought we were having a friendly chat - certainly, I was just joking around but whatevs.

Btw I have no recollection of that post. Amazing it had such an impact!! No recollection of ever thinking they were alike either. Although I did always feel a bit sorry for watts - thought he was under horrible pressure to perform. I don't remember thinking that of Dal Santo though. I shall have to look it up and have a wander with you down memory lane.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

freely wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 7:54am
Scollop wrote: Sat 27 Jun 2020 1:04am I’ve usually ignored your opinions since you first started posting...when you likened Jack Watts with one of our star players in Nick Dal Santo... I’m not about to start rating your opinions anytime soon
Thanks scollop. I thought we were having a friendly chat - certainly, I was just joking around but whatevs.

Btw I have no recollection of that post. Amazing it had such an impact!! No recollection of ever thinking they were alike either. Although I did always feel a bit sorry for watts - thought he was under horrible pressure to perform. I don't remember thinking that of Dal Santo though. I shall have to look it up and have a wander with you down memory lane.
I looked this up Scollop - and I didn't compare them at all. I compared their treatment by the coach. What I said was:
i think his form is down. i think he was good at the w/end - but i think that was in spite of being down and could be much much better if he thought the coach was behind him.
And then the comparison with Watts (which had been raised by somebody else and was the title of the thread):
the insidious way the coaches mouthed off to the media about them both and the way their confidence has been gradually eroded?

Luckily for Watts there's been a changing of the guard at melbourne - but how will dal refind his form? If I was him, like Bally, I'd be thinking about a trade.
So to suggest I was down on Dal Santo is completely wrong. Course it was a long time ago so perhaps, like me, you just misremembered. Still - I'd like to set the record straight!!