Dogs v Saints. Etihad 2:10PM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dogs v Saints. Etihad 2:10PM

Well that was an interesting read. A great insight into the human behaviour.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well that was an interesting read. A great insight into the human behaviour.
You didn't see it live. It did look pretty dire in the first half. They had 40 inside 50s at half-time and we just couldn't get our hands on the ball. Obviously with the benefit of hindsight it looks over the top, but there wasn't anything at all to cheer about halfway through.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well that was an interesting read. A great insight into the human behaviour.
There was nothing great or intersting about it all because the emotions shown were all fairly straightforward and normal given the circumstances

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Hickey had high score involvements didn't he?

Like him in.

Has a footy brain, that can't be taught.
Hickey is an enigma. He looks like a galoof with hands and arms everywhere but very effective.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Like him in.

Hickey is an enigma. He looks like a galoof with hands and arms everywhere but very effective.
He is a Gumby isnt he??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
There was nothing great or intersting about it all because the emotions shown were all fairly straightforward and normal given the circumstances

Well not with who I go to the footy with. We would have been laughing at how poor we were going, not carrying on like the world had ended but I can understand why we are all different and that is why I think its a great insight into human behaviour.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
You didn't see it live. It did look pretty dire in the first half. They had 40 inside 50s at half-time and we just couldn't get our hands on the ball. Obviously with the benefit of hindsight it looks over the top, but there wasn't anything at all to cheer about halfway through.

Im not having a go at people. And the only part of the footy I have seen in the last 5 minutes on Foxtel Go.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Well not with who I go to the footy with. We would have been laughing at how poor we were going, not carrying on like the world had ended but I can understand why we are all different and that is why I think its a great insight into human behaviour.
Of course because you are Mr Boringnoemotioncommonsense

Hows your "cant play 2 ruckman" theory going?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

No idea. Havent seen either of the last 2 games. You do have an issue though in remembering all my crap I write. Have your sought help for that? And the last time I looked I didn't think laughing was boring. Its the best thing people can do. You should try it one day. Its not that hard to learn. There must be a website on enjoying yourself.

And Devilhead im sure you have made statements that have been incorrect but unlike you I don't lack confidence to point them out just like im not going to look up stuff to prove I get the occasional thing right. Time for you to point out I also thought we may win 3 games at the max but so did many others but your fascination with me should see you only mention me. Im just happy we won and I will hopefully be wrong by a long way with the 3 wins. Others just always want to be right.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

No idea. Havent seen either of the last 2 games. You do have an issue though in remembering all my crap I write. Have your sought help for that? And the last time I looked I didn't think laughing was boring. Its the best thing people can do. You should try it one day. Its not that hard to learn. There must be a website on enjoying yourself.

And Devilhead im sure you have made statements that have been incorrect but unlike you I don't lack confidence to point them out just like im not going to look up stuff to prove I get the occasional thing right. Time for you to point out I also thought we may win 3 games at the max but so did many others but your fascination with me should see you only mention me. Im just happy we won and I will hopefully be wrong by a long way with the 3 wins. Others just always want to be right.
Deflecting as usual!!

Ho Hum

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Deflecting as usual!!

Ho Hum
How did I deflect? I explained your comment of Mr Boredom and I haven't seen the last 2 games. Its very easy to say how are 2 ruckmen going after we win but im not sure it was working when we were 55 points down as obviously many things weren't working. If Hickey can play as a KF it will work. All I have ever said is you cant have 2 ruckmen if one cant play forward as they cant sit on the bench anymore. I have been wrong about Hickey as a KF so far and I hope I continue to be wrong. What I wont do is say I told you so if it eventually doesn't work because that's childish and a Saints site just plain stupid. By the way I said we had a real chance yesterday but im not claiming that either because when are 55 points down its a bit hard to claim you got it right.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Deflecting as usual!!

Ho Hum
How did I deflect? I explained your comment of Mr Boredom and I haven't seen the last 2 games. Its very easy to say how are 2 ruckmen going after we win but im not sure it was working when we were 55 points down as obviously many things weren't working. If Hickey can play as a KF it will work. All I have ever said is you cant have 2 ruckmen if one cant play forward as they cant sit on the bench anymore. I have been wrong about Hickey as a KF so far and I hope I continue to be wrong. What I wont do is say I told you so if it eventually doesn't work because that's childish and a Saints site just plain stupid. By the way I said we had a real chance yesterday but im not claiming that either because when are 55 points down its a bit hard to claim you got it right.
No doubt you are glad you got that off your chest - I certainly am

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

I made my dad come and see the game with me because my son was too stuffed after school camp and soccer yesterday morning. I told him it would be a close match so by half time he was smirking at me. For some reason even though they kept scoring and we didn't it never got the blow out vibe. I was still thinking we weren't out of it. I remember games of basketball I played like that, sometimes 20 points seems insurmountable then others it would be like you were still in the game and you knew you could get back in.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Like him in.

That Murphy obviously had him pegged as a slow, clumsy oaf when he took him on. Big mistake

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I hope that people generally who barrack for St. Kilda develop some perspective before the final 6 rounds of the year. I thought we would only win 2 games for the year and finish stone, motherless, last, and who knows? Maybe we still will, although that outcome looks doubtful.
However I hope that we go hard before round 17, because I cannot see us saluting once in the final 6 rounds:
Port in Adelaide, Freo at Etihad, North in Tassie, Geelong at Etihad, Sydney at Etihad, and West Coast in Perth!
Before round 17 in Rounds 15 and 16 we play Richmond at Etihad and Melbourne at the G, so we are a chance there maybe, although Richmond are an ability level above us and we tend to stink it up at the G, so in neither games would we be considered favourites.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.