Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: trade rumours

Teflon wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Another link below - Viv Michie Draft Profile write up

http://afldraftinfo.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... metro.html
Hardly glowing....think I'd stay the course with Ledger personally
Agreed. Michie might be OK but Ledger has shown promise, so if he can be convinced to hang around then I think we should give him one more year to prove himself.

PurpleHayes
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Who knows what will happen to Ledger...

I'd look closer at Michie's WAFL stats

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4059

They're fairly impressive, gets plenty of the footy and tackles well.

Roberton wasn't exactly a standout, but we got him for nothing and he has turned into a beauty.

We can't expect to Michie to improve until he gets given opportunity in a weaker side like ours.

defacto
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Agreed. Michie might be OK but Ledger has shown promise, so if he can be convinced to hang around then I think we should give him one more year to prove himself.
viv when fit is twice the footballer ledger is

SuperDuper
Club Player

Terrible error by eagles to keep a fringe player when we offered overs because they wanted insurance for their tilt at a flag. Akin to the top up antics of Voss in his first year.

You just gotta make good trades ... And be able to recognize good trades.

Giving them 2 picks in the 20s for Brown would have been a bad trade
Last edited by SuperDuper on Wed 11 Sep 2013 7:13am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperDuper
Club Player

If we get minchie, why not keep ledger as well?
Needs one more season IMO to se whether he will make it
Move on some older guys!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:If we get minchie, why not keep ledger as well?
Move on some older guys!

If we get Bruce, Delaney and Michie then it limits our draft picks. yes they could be servicable players or even good players or one may shock us and be very good but what happens if they were let go because they were just average footballers? The only way this club goes up the ladder is to replace Hayes, Rooy, Dal, Joey, Chips, Milne and so on. Solid players wont do a thing. The draft may get an LJ conners or a joey. Get one or at the most 2 Experienced players but the rest must be punts unless and a big unless we are delisting a lot more than we thougt and we still have at least 4 picks in the draft and one in pre season for the uncontracted player.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Move on some older guys!

If we get Bruce, Delaney and Michie then it limits our draft picks. yes they could be servicable players or even good players or one may shock us and be very good but what happens if they were let go because they were just average footballers? The only way this club goes up the ladder is to replace Hayes, Rooy, Dal, Joey, Chips, Milne and so on. Solid players wont do a thing. The draft may get an LJ conners or a joey. Get one or at the most 2 Experienced players but the rest must be punts unless and a big unless we are delisting a lot more than we thougt and we still have at least 4 picks in the draft and one in pre season for the uncontracted player.
Pluggs, I always value the opinion of the club the player is currently at. North, GWS and Freo all have contracts on the table for these guys. Freo also fought to keep Robbo last year before they begrudgingly delisted him at his request to come back home. If we can snare Mitchie for Ledge then I'd be a happy man. Whilst Ledge is a good player who makes some poor decisions under pressure, Mitchie is a definite upgrade on him.

Bruce and Mitchie are both only 21, so are just babies in terms of their afl career. Its too early to put them into a category, they could both go onto to be elite in their position, in fact, neither players credentials would suggest otherwise. They both certainly hold more potential than most options that will be available from the third round down.

Delaney on the other hand is a big tall body, capable of playing on a gorilla. I am not over the moon with him, is he is going to be that 'good' player at best, but he gives us a nice spine and frees up a Fisher or Dempster type to play their preferred role. Also gives us another good option in case Bruce goes down.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Kickit
Club Player

Delaney has played on Hawkins and been effective. I'm not sure we can say that about anyone that StKilda has on their list.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Move on some older guys!

Did we make a mistake signing Ray?

supersaints
Club Player

I will start a rumor
Dal to Norf, for Delaney and pick 27. pick 27 on to GWS for Josh Bruce
That gives us two possible future defenders with some games and pre seasons under the belt rather than risk 27 on a complete unknown in the draft?
Otherwise Norf throws in Delaneys younger brother instead of pick 27

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
lloyd21
Club Player

Would prefer if that was to happen

Dal Santo for Kieran Harper & pick 27

Delaney preseason draft no need to give draft pick

Still have feeling that Dal will be staying unless 1st round offered by another club (godfather offer)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Move on some older guys!

i would say we made a big mistake in Ray, Maister and probably Milera. We are struggling to fit all our new guys in and have space so Maister at least should have probably been a wait and see.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Move on some older guys!

He is OK but I dont get your point. I dont want 3 players from other clubs in the one draft.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote: If we get Bruce, Delaney and Michie then it limits our draft picks. yes they could be servicable players or even good players or one may shock us and be very good but what happens if they were let go because they were just average footballers? The only way this club goes up the ladder is to replace Hayes, Rooy, Dal, Joey, Chips, Milne and so on. Solid players wont do a thing. The draft may get an LJ conners or a joey. Get one or at the most 2 Experienced players but the rest must be punts unless and a big unless we are delisting a lot more than we thougt and we still have at least 4 picks in the draft and one in pre season for the uncontracted player.

He is OK but I dont get your point. I dont want 3 players from other clubs in the one draft.

I guess it will depend on how damaging the list hole in that early to middle 20s age bracket is deemed. Sydney did very well with guys that were already partly developed. They got Ted Richards like that and Hawks got in Gibson that way also. If they have done their research and deem they are the best available to suit our immediate need I trust them. I can honestly say they know more than me about our list than me- i didn't see Jimmy Webster winning the most promising player award.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I would rate the others discussed above Ray.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

I would rate the others discussed above Ray.

All I know is ray was a top 4 pick who had already played a lot of footy when we got him. these other guys are basically unproven.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: All I know is ray was a top 4 pick who had already played a lot of footy when we got him. these other guys are basically unproven.
What Ray was in 2004 has little to do with what he is now.
I think the others NOW offer more than Ray NOW, certainly more development and improvement....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote: All I know is ray was a top 4 pick who had already played a lot of footy when we got him. these other guys are basically unproven.
I think the others NOW offer more than Ray NOW, certainly more development and improvement....

They may or they may not but Ray isnt going anywhere so it matters little about the comparison. There is probably 30 players that these players may or may not be better than at our club. About a year ago everyone was rapped in the Milera/Saad deal. that now looks like a crap deal.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

When you say development and improvement do you really mean potential.
Potential is fine but it may never be realised.
Ray has been a very serviceable player for us, he certainly was no mistake.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

They may or they may not but Ray isnt going anywhere so it matters little about the comparison. There is probably 30 players that these players may or may not be better than at our club. About a year ago everyone was rapped in the Milera/Saad deal. that now looks like a crap deal.
The question was it is a mistake now, not if he is going anywhere.
Saad/Milera deal is still OK to me, not recruiters fault he drank a drug.

realdeal
Club Player

supersaints wrote:I will start a rumor
That gives us two possible future defenders with some games and pre seasons under the belt rather than risk 27 on a complete unknown in the draft?
Please don't start that rumour.... We shouldn't have to give up more than pick 40+ for Bruce.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:
supersaints wrote:I will start a rumor
Please don't start that rumour.... We shouldn't have to give up more than pick 40+ for Bruce.
Why?
What would GWS do with pick 40+?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

PurpleHayes wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Who knows what will happen to Ledger...

I'd look closer at Michie's WAFL stats

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4059

They're fairly impressive, gets plenty of the footy and tackles well.

Roberton wasn't exactly a standout, but we got him for nothing and he has turned into a beauty.

We can't expect to Michie to improve until he gets given opportunity in a weaker side like ours.
Roberton did stand out. He played 37 games prior to turning 21. This year or next would have been his breakout year for whatever club he played for.

saintjake
Club Player

An outside player who can't break the lines sounds completely useless.

savatage
SS Life Member

saintjake wrote:

An outside player who can't break the lines sounds completely useless.
Why don't you watch some footage of him. Played extremely well in the WAFL & managed to crack into the Dockers senior side. Got injured at the wrong time. Would be a very good AFL footballer. Would certainly do Ledger for Michie straight swap personally.