Match thread - Adelaide v St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't look like Ross Lyon is too worried

Am looking forward to his interview

If Fisher and Armo are ok it is a win for us

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:yeah we really needed to win tonight to go from third to ummm well third :shock:
Have you heard of momentum, or confidence? Today put a huge dent in both.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:We are so s***. We're a s*** club. Kosi's s***. Riewoldt's soft. All of them are hit. We're gonna lose. We all suck. Saintsational sucks. Raph sucks. Everybody sucks. We are so bad. Oh my god how bad we are.

Seriously you nuff nuff nancy boy soft c**k whingers.

Have a bloody good look at yourselves.

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

We go in against Geelong on level terms.

Season starts now.
Forgetting Fisher?

The thing that is disappointing is the fact that the same areas of concern popped up again in this match. Poor disposal, lack of attacking the corridor. The amount of time that the ball was being played in our back half by OUR guys was astounding. We were so scared to go forward just in case we got hurt.

You look at the successful teams and how many of them put in a performance like that even if 'scripted' and are able to be successful in the finals and take the flag?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
mullet wrote:yeah we really needed to win tonight to go from third to ummm well third :shock:
How do you know? There at the game are you? Or on the phone to Ross? Tapped into the player's heads, yeah?

Or are your deep rooted insecurities just bubbling on through?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

ralphsmith wrote:
Thinline wrote:Seriously you nuff nuff nancy boy soft c**k whingers.
Thinline has spoken.

:P
Who?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

may of dented your confidence but not the players since when do you speak for the team

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Thinline wrote:We are so s***. We're a s*** club. Kosi's s***. Riewoldt's soft. All of them are hit. We're gonna lose. We all suck. Saintsational sucks. Raph sucks. Everybody sucks. We are so bad. Oh my god how bad we are.

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

Season starts now.
Forgetting Fisher?

The thing that is disappointing is the fact that the same areas of concern popped up again in this match. Poor disposal, lack of attacking the corridor. The amount of time that the ball was being played in our back half by OUR guys was astounding. We were so scared to go forward just in case we got hurt.

You look at the successful teams and how many of them put in a performance like that even if 'scripted' and are able to be successful in the finals and take the flag?
He was running the boundary at the end.

I say with the utmost of confidence that if we'd stiolen a jump on them early, we would have galloped. The only motivated side in a close contest would be them. Even if they go 2% harder, they're still gonna win. That's the way it works.

New season starts.

Oh. Pies lost today (you know the side Adelaide was unlucky not to beat last week in similar circumstances). Second week in a row they've kicked like a team of Clokes. Writing them off too? Are they insipid and hopeless as well?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:
may of dented your confidence but not the players since when do you speak for the team
Since when do you?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:
Thinline has spoken.

Who?
You know, that ******** who has the temerity to see the forest for the trees.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

Season starts now.
this :D :D

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:
Thinline has spoken.

Who?
You know, that ******** who has the temerity to see the forest for the trees.
You are ace. Ace I say.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Since when do you?
mate your stating that the teams confidence is dented. how do you know this. your speaking for the team.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

Season starts now.
+10000000000000000000000 that comment, sick of the people being so negative sometimes i think they are either joking or trolls.

Sainter for life.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

Season starts now.
+10000000000000000000000 that comment, sick of the people being so negative sometimes i think they are either joking or trolls.
Nah they are just insecure. Think if they say it out loud it wont hurt so much if it happens. They will all front up monday to get their finals tickets dont worry

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:
mullet wrote:
Since when do you?
mate your stating that the teams confidence is dented. how do you know this. your speaking for the team.
Yes, just like you did: "may of dented your confidence but not the players", or are you too dumb to realise that? You did the exact same thing. Genius.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
mullet wrote:
Since when do you?
Yes, just like you did: "may of dented your confidence but not the players", or are you too dumb to realise that? You did the exact same thing. Genius.
Nup just have faith in my team. Faith that they arent weak minded like you are. Look outside the sky is falling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hughjarce
Club Player

mullet wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

Season starts now.
Nah they are just insecure. Think if they say it out loud it wont hurt so much if it happens. They will all front up monday to get their finals tickets dont worry
Of course we will get finals tickets.

You are naturally insecure when you have been a Saints fan for 44 years. The torture of the 70s and 80s has left some of us permanently scared we hate when the Saints revert back to soft football. I want us to be ruthless and unforgiving like Hawthorn of the 80s, North during the late 90s and Geelong now.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Hughjarce wrote:
mullet wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

Season starts now.
Of course we will get finals tickets.

You are naturally insecure when you have been a Saints fan for 44 years. The torture of the 70s and 80s has left some of us permanently scared we hate when the Saints revert back to soft football. I want us to be ruthless and unforgiving like Hawthorn of the 80s, North during the late 90s and Geelong now.
I have been a saints fan for 48 years and I'm not insecure. Last time I looked this is a different team than the 70's and 80's. If we all live in the past we might as well give up.

saintkid
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Buckets wrote:

You are disgusting.

No injuries of any note.

Season starts now.
Forgetting Fisher?

He was running the boundary at the end.

I say with the utmost of confidence that if we'd stiolen a jump on them early, we would have galloped. The only motivated side in a close contest would be them. Even if they go 2% harder, they're still gonna win. That's the way it works.

New season starts.

Oh. Pies lost today (you know the side Adelaide was unlucky not to beat last week in similar circumstances). Second week in a row they've kicked like a team of Clokes. Writing them off too? Are they insipid and hopeless as well?
The Pies still played a hell of a lot better than us today and had a few good players out. Too many ifs and excuses here. We have half a dozen very average players in this side who don't do enough and get found out when our top line players have poor games. McQualter in particular is a liability to the side and has been all year.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: McQualter in particular is a liability to the side and has been all year.
He has lost all confidence.
today when the game was still in the balance he marks 30m out from goal on not much angle.

Rather than go back and kick.....and last year he was the most accurate kick on goal in the team....he insteads dishes off backwards so that instead Gwilt has to blaze away from well outside 50m!!!

Mini has lost all confidence and offensively is now a liability.

Personally I would play Eddy or Steven instead of him.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 28 Aug 2010 9:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintkid
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
saintkid wrote: McQualter in particular is a liability to the side and has been all year.
He has lost all confidence.
today when the game was still in the balance he marks 30m out from goal on not much angle.

Rather than go back and kick.....and last year he was the most accurate kick on goal in the team....he isteads dishes off backwards so that instead Gwilt has to blaze away from well outside 50m!!!

Mini has lost all confidence and offensively is now a liability.

Personally I would play Eddy or Steven instead of him.
Great post. That play by him said it all and stood out in my mind the most after today. I certainly don't like singling one of players out but he has had tons of chances this year. Again I watched little Blair for the Pies today who is a fringe player for them and his contribution to the team is SO far ahead of Mini's it's a no brainer. McQualter would not get a game at Pies, Cats, Hawks and other finals sides.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mini's offensive side is still ok....but as a forward he no longer seems capable of "icing" the moment when opportunity presents.

No lone ranger today as Roo missed 3 easy shots on goal....but Mini has done it in too many games for mine.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

just got home
seriously if anyone thinks we were tanking, taking it easy, and not to worry then farrrrrrk

we were ordinary and were seriously sussed out tonight
said win or loose it wouldnt matter
but blimey dish up that crap in the next two weeks and we would be lucky to beat the dockers

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:just got home
seriously if anyone thinks we were tanking, taking it easy, and not to worry then farrrrrrk

we were ordinary and were seriously sussed out tonight
said win or loose it wouldnt matter
but blimey dish up that crap in the next two weeks and we would be lucky to beat the dockers
The game was tight because they were up and keen, we were hesitant (probably for obvious reason), and we missed a few opportunities at crucial times.

We played keepings off in the second half.

Read RL's presser.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i have thinline

but blimey theyd wanna be a magic switch next week mate

im backing the coach in
im just pissed off at the handball city we did and the loss
ill be right tomorrow

but id be lying if i wasnt a bit moire worried than i was two weeks ago

bring on friday (or sat whatever it may be)

ill be there
so had better be the boys

go sainters