I took banned drug: Watson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: I took banned drug: Watson

Hird needs to pack his bags also. He with Thompson are responsible for this fiasco

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:I believe that Jobe will hand back the brownlow and make a hero of himself.

Just a hunch I dont know for sure, I dont have any sources or anything.

I think it is all playing on his mind, hence the interview bombshell
It's come out that the club and Jobe's manager advised him before OTC not to discuss details about the ASADA investigation but as we now know he went into specifics about taking AOD, the consent form and multiple injections he'd never seen before in a club environment. He's definitely got his own personal agenda. I don't believe he'll hand back the Brownlow but I do believe he will do everything to keep his reputation, integrity and standing in the league - A very respected man is Jobe. I personally see Jobe as a standup guy and a decent bloke. Certainly one of the good guys at the Bombers who is a victim (and naive) of being in a dishonest and cheating football environment. I hope if he loses the Brownlow and is suspended he sues the sh*t out of the club.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

might be a decent bloke but he is a dumbass for letting his club stick 40 needles into him
i mean cmon
you dont go and get a second opinion from another dr (who has to keep it all confidential anyway) ???

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:might be a decent bloke but he is a dumbass for letting his club stick 40 needles into him
i mean cmon
you dont go and get a second opinion from another dr (who has to keep it all confidential anyway) ???
Noted matrix. I'd prefer naive but dumbas will do ! :D

Jobe has been involved with the Essendon FC his whole life. I don't believe he expected to be Fk'ed over like he has by people he trusted. Like I've said all along, ignorance isn't an excuse and he will cop his whack.

Richter
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:I believe that Jobe will hand back the brownlow and make a hero of himself.

Good comment. I agree.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah good call old mate
been with that club a while knows the people and prob trusts them 100%
and there lies the problem

christ sake this is YOUR body not theirs
anyhoo

has to go

Richter
SS Life Member

Essendon has argued that AOD-9604 was not on WADA's banned list at the time of use, and that it is not performance-enhancing.
This statement is a wierd argument to take... why would the Bombers have gone to the lengths that they did to inject their players with this, and to keep it a secret if it wasn't performance enhancing? The point is that AT THE TIME they thought it was performance enhancing... it's a peptide that structurally looks like a Growth Hormone related substance... they thought it WOULD enhance players performance... why take it otherwise? It's only since they were taking it that more research casts doubt on its performance enhancing properties.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
mullet
Saintsational Legend

He still would have seen the changes to his body, and his training indicators. Surely he could have worked out what was going on.

BTW I quite like him too, but ignorance is no excuse.... just incase we havent heard that enough

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Essendon has argued that AOD-9604 was not on WADA's banned list at the time of use, and that it is not performance-enhancing.
This statement is a wierd argument to take... why would the Bombers have gone to the lengths that they did to inject their players with this, and to keep it a secret if it wasn't performance enhancing? The point is that AT THE TIME they thought it was performance enhancing... it's a peptide that structurally looks like a Growth Hormone related substance... they thought it WOULD enhance players performance... why take it otherwise? It's only since they were taking it that more research casts doubt on its performance enhancing properties.

Maybe they were all fat and needed a weight loss supplement :lol: :lol:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Bombers argument is a joke and will be laughed at by asada/wada and any crt if they think they can take it further.
It is crystal clear it was banned under SO on 1 January 2011 and has since been banned under S2.

And as most of you have pointed out - why did they take it if it wasnt a ped? for fun? for a placebo? for s***s and giggles?

Furthermore - add to this that Evans and Hird attended a corporate briefing on this exact substance in January 2012 - so they cant claim it was an act of Dank going rogue. They then told a complete lie and said it was only for 'private investment' reasons that they attended. This is obviously now a proven lie.

Hird, Evans and Thompson attempted to cheat and got caught. It was deliberate and concerted.

now p66 - you can call me names and question my credentials all day long - but how about you started looking at where the real lying and deceit has come from in this affair? (Why you are clinging to any shred of evidence to help clear the bombers like a drowning man looking for a lifeboat is beyond me but its a free world and you can love james hird if you want to).

I haven't told a single lie - please point me out one?

Anyway its not about you and/or me - Its about Thompson, Hird and Evans being Cheating lying scumbags.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 26 Jun 2013 1:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Since AOD has been in the media regarding the Essendon doping scandal the drug has been massive in the fitness industry. I know quite a few who are and have been on it. It certainly helps in terms of muscle building.

Essendon are trying to question the validity of the S0 clause which I find stupid. The whole reason there is a S0 clause or catch all clause is to keep up with the sports scientists who continually manipulate PED ingredients to stay a step ahead of officials. They can simply change a couple of compounds so the substance isn't on the banned list but in reality it has the same effect and is still a PED.

Last edited by Old Mate on Wed 26 Jun 2013 1:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Image
I just pooped in my kitty litter!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

It's come out that the club and Jobe's manager advised him before OTC not to discuss details about the ASADA investigation but as we now know he went into specifics about taking AOD, the consent form and multiple injections he'd never seen before in a club environment. He's definitely got his own personal agenda. I don't believe he'll hand back the Brownlow but I do believe he will do everything to keep his reputation, integrity and standing in the league - A very respected man is Jobe. I personally see Jobe as a standup guy and a decent bloke. Certainly one of the good guys at the Bombers who is a victim (and naive) of being in a dishonest and cheating football environment. I hope if he loses the Brownlow and is suspended he sues the sh*t out of the club.

As I said in a earlier post, when I saw the interview I simply think he accidentally said too much.

I think he was asked a question, and asnwered it. Then he was asked another question and answered it. The two answers when put together amounted to him effectively fessing up! I don't think that was his intention, I think he just answered two very simple questions honestly.

That'll teach a footballer for answering a question honestly!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I think Jobe obviuosly got confused between the legal battle going on behind the scenes and the public pr battle/campaign. Before the admission, they were doing pretty well there abd the public could only guess waht was taken. Now it has been confirmed and now we all know for sure what was taken and no ifs, buts or maybes. Very stupid.

While they are two completeley different things, the backlash and publicity of his admission defineltly has the potential to influence the final outcome.

Jobe should have kept his mouth shut and just talked footy. I would sack their media/pr officer who ever was in charge of media down there. Pity for them that they were not old enough to follow the politcal scandals of Bill Clinton. He would have gone to gaol if it wasn't for his PR machine.
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 26 Jun 2013 2:17pm, edited 3 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: I just pooped in my kitty litter!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote: Jobe has been involved with the Essendon FC his whole life. I don't believe he expected to be Fk'ed over like he has by people he trusted.
Yet he's just gone and signed on for another 5 years with this club that have injected him 40 times with a substance not approved for human use... He did not wait until the whole thing is done and dusted, he has pledged his support to a club which has most definitely put his health at risk...

The Cult of Hird is very strong...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

4 years
but yeah obviously thinks everything is honkey dorey down there at needle land

last thing i would be doing is re signing a contract at this time
but thats me

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I just pooped in my kitty litter!

markp
Saintsational Legend

I'd think the EFC was extra incentivised to sign him to a new contract by these events and made him an offer that was too good to refuse, with all bases covered re bans etc.

I also think he (and his old man) are still possibly in denial about what he's been exposed to.

loris
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Image
"matrix".............. what are you doing with my Russian Blue cat Kiska???? I thought she was curled up on the couch in my front sitting room :? :?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I'd think the EFC was extra incentivised to sign him to a new contract by these events and made him an offer that was too good to refuse, with all bases covered re bans etc.

I also think he (and his old man) are still possibly in denial about what he's been exposed to.
Agree

Damage control at EFC now. They have to give all affected their players super contracts to avoid players suing the club.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote: Agree

Damage control at EFC now. They have to give all affected their players super contracts to avoid players suing the club.
Never mind a little thing called the salary cap...

How long has Joe Daniher got on his current contract??... He'd be clean, wouldn't he??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: Agree

Never mind a little thing called the salary cap...

How long has Joe Daniher got on his current contract??... He'd be clean, wouldn't he??
Will be difficult for them to manage.

Some players will have to be sacrificed I believe. But their core 12 or 16 players will be looked after handsomely.

I expect the AFL might have to intervene and give them some kind of 'emergency' salary cap concessions to see them out of the crisis. The AFL will call it an 'extraordinary player welfare package' or something along those lines.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Since AOD has been in the media regarding the Essendon doping scandal the drug has been massive in the fitness industry. I know quite a few who are and have been on it. It certainly helps in terms of muscle building.

Essendon are trying to question the validity of the S0 clause which I find stupid. The whole reason there is a S0 clause or catch all clause is to keep up with the sports scientists who continually manipulate PED ingredients to stay a step ahead of officials. They can simply change a couple of compounds so the substance isn't on the banned list but in reality it has the same effect and is still a PED.

Well said old mate.