Tom Lee Traded for our pick 12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Re: Tom Lee Traded for our pick 12

the facts are

He is key position player, tall agile and can kick goals (worth their wait in gold) Seriously TIPPET AND DAWS and sought after players not becuse they are awesome, simply because they are tall and have presence up forward.

He has done the 'being crap' young years
Tall players take longer to develop and he has done the developing
GWS recruiters thought he was great (they actually get paid to recruit youngsters not just watch you tube highlight reels)
Saints though he was great (they actually get paid to recruit youngsters not just watch you tube highlight reels)

He will be excellent. Building teams isn't about picking youth anymore it is too hit and miss! Unless the youngster is a STAR you just cant risk it, they either dont come on or another club poaches them. why wait for years for an 18 year old to maybe come on??? picking up mature age recruits decreases the risk especially if someone else has put the time and effort into them.

Great pick, shows me we are on the right track.......i fear for Kosi however, might be playing a few games down at Sandi next year.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Austinnn wrote:My reading is that Pick 12 was needed to get ahead of the other interested parties, he's a big strong forward with a lot of potential, plus he's a Saints fan judging from that photo, which sweetens the pot. Him and Sippa in the forward line thumping the crest every time they score a goal. Bleeding for the team they have always loved. Never leaving to move to a 'big club'.

I'm happy to give pick 12 for that and 2nd and 4th round picks.
We also have pick 13 by all accounts for BJ. Why not offer them that and keep 12. There is still 3 weeks to sort this out. Who can get in between those 2 picks? Still don't understand why we had to go so early. 12 was always ours. 13 is 99% ours. At worst we would have got 13 and 14 if the Power's compo is judged 1st round.

They didn't want Carlton to grab Lee at 11 as I said was suggested by the TAC Futurestars team in their fantasy draft. I think we would be into Caddy with pick 13 if we could do the deal and we are keeping that in reserve just in case it can get the job done.

if Hawks needed a FB before today carlton need a key forward and they would have had an eye on Lee as he is pretty much ready to go, the goal posts have moved a little these days and guys that have had a few years in the system and will show an immediate impact will get more and more popular as teams try not to bottom out without priority picks or believe they are challenging now.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:OK JB

It's OK for you to label a young untried fella as a NOBODY and condemning his career upon trading, yet jump on a high horse and call me for labelling known AFL failure a retard (in a footy sense)

You've also bagged the living s*** out of me for going off early......

Seems a little hypocrisy at work..... But not for the first time though is it??!!
OH

MY

GOD!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

There are some gullible, stupid people on this forum :roll:

You and Jimmy_slats tie for first place.

You fools :roll:

yeah thats right you were just joking.... mate give the pretty much constant crap that out of your head and onto a key pad regardless of weather you were joking or not you are still and absolute flog!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

another key forward option, but we still dont have enough key backs ....his recruitment sums up the 2012 season really ie never had a problem kicking goals - just couldnt defend them.

A key defender or 2, and a 2nd ruckman would have been my priorities ..

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
Austinnn
Club Player

8856brother wrote:
Austinnn wrote:My reading is that Pick 12 was needed to get ahead of the other interested parties, he's a big strong forward with a lot of potential, plus he's a Saints fan judging from that photo, which sweetens the pot. Him and Sippa in the forward line thumping the crest every time they score a goal. Bleeding for the team they have always loved. Never leaving to move to a 'big club'.

We also have pick 13 by all accounts for BJ. Why not offer them that and keep 12. There is still 3 weeks to sort this out. Who can get in between those 2 picks? Still don't understand why we had to go so early. 12 was always ours. 13 is 99% ours. At worst we would have got 13 and 14 if the Power's compo is judged 1st round.
We can't offer something that we don't technically have. Pick 13 is not official, so we'd have to wait for confirmation before offering it in trade. I'd imagine the clubs first offer was lower, maybe the idea you suggested, but GC may have said that they'd received interest from other clubs as well and it's first come first served. In that scenario we get to keep our precious pick 12 and Carlton or whoever take Lee. So we have to draft 2 super kids and take our chances. Or we could show some Cajones and do what we need to to make sure.

Anyway, I have a Limited Edition Nicky Winmar shirt, the REAL one that he was wearing when he saluted the Pies fans in 1993. I'll take 3000€ for it right now. Well when I say I have it, I mean I WILL have it, any day now. Probably be getting it in a few weeks. Buy NOW!
:wink:

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
8856brother wrote:

maybe so we can use the two picks we picked up to trade out ???
Sorry I don't understand. I'm discussing why we gave up pick 12 instead of 13. Don't get what you mean. The other picks we received are irrelevent when discussing this.

Zed wrote:A key defender or 2, and a 2nd ruckman would have been my priorities ..
This.

Hope we land someone soon, don't want another season without a fullback.

Not sold on Brown being that option, and the fact he is contracted doesn't fill me with confidence.

Austinnn
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:OK JB

It's OK for you to label a young untried fella as a NOBODY and condemning his career upon trading, yet jump on a high horse and call me for labelling known AFL failure a retard (in a footy sense)

You've also bagged the living s*** out of me for going off early......

Seems a little hypocrisy at work..... But not for the first time though is it??!!
OH

MY

GOD!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

There are some gullible, stupid people on this forum :roll:

You and Jimmy_slats tie for first place.

You fools :roll:

yeah thats right you were just joking.... mate give the pretty much constant crap that out of your head and onto a key pad regardless of weather you were joking or not you are still and absolute flog!
FAIL

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
howlinwolf
Club Player

I read this and got all warm and fuzzy and then remembered BJ pumping the crest on the jumper :-(

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
kimberly saint
Club Player

I'm happy to give pick 12 for that and 2nd and 4th round picks.[/quote]

We also have pick 13 by all accounts for BJ. Why not offer them that and keep 12. There is still 3 weeks to sort this out. Who can get in between those 2 picks? Still don't understand why we had to go so early. 12 was always ours. 13 is 99% ours. At worst we would have got 13 and 14 if the Power's compo is judged 1st round.[/quote] maybe so we can use the two picks we picked up to trade out ???[/quote]

Sorry I don't understand. I'm discussing why we gave up pick 12 instead of 13. Don't get what you mean. The other picks we received are irrelevent when discussing this.[/quote]

well like you said we not 100% on getting pick 13, we don't get it for week or two so they might wanted to shop around 24 and 43 or wat ever they where asap and get things rolling now

Austinnn
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:

I read this and got all warm and fuzzy and then remembered BJ pumping the crest on the jumper :-(
Ever see a photo of Goddard in a Saints guernsey as a little boy? I suppose it doesn't mean much, but if he actually was a Saints fan, and actually values our club as something more than a job or a shot at glory, that's worth an extra few places on a draft pick, surely?

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

howlinwolf wrote:

Agreed. First thing I thought of.

I guess you cant trade what you don't have yet. And we needed to sort out those other picks to negotiate other deals before other clubs get the players we want.

Keeping pick 12 makes more sense but we got dudded by FA so are doing our best with what we have.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:I'm happy to give pick 12 for that and 2nd and 4th round picks.
We also have pick 13 by all accounts for BJ. Why not offer them that and keep 12. There is still 3 weeks to sort this out. Who can get in between those 2 picks? Still don't understand why we had to go so early. 12 was always ours. 13 is 99% ours. At worst we would have got 13 and 14 if the Power's compo is judged 1st round.[/quote] maybe so we can use the two picks we picked up to trade out ???[/quote]

Sorry I don't understand. I'm discussing why we gave up pick 12 instead of 13. Don't get what you mean. The other picks we received are irrelevent when discussing this.[/quote]

well like you said we not 100% on getting pick 13, we don't get it for week or two so they might wanted to shop around 24 and 43 or wat ever they where asap and get things rolling now[/quote]

Fair enough I suppose if they want to use the other picks this week.

Club Player

8856brother wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:
8856brother wrote: We also have pick 13 by all accounts for BJ. Why not offer them that and keep 12. There is still 3 weeks to sort this out. Who can get in between those 2 picks? Still don't understand why we had to go so early. 12 was always ours. 13 is 99% ours. At worst we would have got 13 and 14 if the Power's compo is judged 1st round.
maybe so we can use the two picks we picked up to trade out ???
Sorry I don't understand. I'm discussing why we gave up pick 12 instead of 13. Don't get what you mean. The other picks we received are irrelevent when discussing this.
Because we don't have pick 13. If we waited (which we would have had to) until the final week of trades to make this trade (which may have been gone by then anyway), players we want to on-trade these two picks with might also been gone. So, in effect, there isn't necessarily 'still three weeks to sort this out' as not every club we want to deal with is going to want to wait for us when they probably will get other offers. Difference between 12 and 13 is negligible when you look at it all in perspective.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

whats a FAIL austinnn huh?

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
kimberly saint
Club Player

Because we don't have pick 13. If we waited (which we would have had to) until the final week of trades to make this trade (which may have been gone by then anyway), players we want to on-trade these two picks with might also been gone. So, in effect, there isn't necessarily 'still three weeks to sort this out' as not every club we want to deal with is going to want to wait for us when they probably will get other offers. Difference between 12 and 13 is negligible when you look at it all in perspective.[/quote]

more to the point it is so stupid that AFL dont state and alow us 13 to bargin with now. Surely that part free agency will be changed next year

SaintTom
Club Player

Agree KimSaint, but we can only play the cards we're dealt.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:

Oh dear. :roll:

Mate you keep confirming that you aint very big in the smart department.

Fair Dinkum, quit while you are behind you silly silly young boy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

howlinwolf wrote:

He was pumping the crest because he knew it would sell merchandise etc because he needs all the cash he can get to pay for his drop-kick brothers' legal costs.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:whats a FAIL austinnn huh?

that you are so dumb you made a complete twat of yourself.

Only you and BigMart didn't catch it.

lol - good company you keep :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

What is stupid is that the FA period and the trade period should be separate.

1st & 2nd week - FA period
3rd & 4th week - Trade period

At least that way teams that were involved with FA will know what picks they have before the trade period starts

If anyone can tell me why the AFL have decided that the two periods need a crossover period it would be very much appreciated.

Because if they didnt crossover then we could have offered pick 13 rather than pick 12 and we would have been a pick ahead of GWS rather than behind - sure not a big a difference but enough that it could effect getting an intended target.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Would he be a good SS sponsorship option in 2013?

jimmy_slats
Club Player

shut ya mouth joffaboy all ya do on this forum is going around saying s*** to get a rise you bag out our players and constantly go on about our staff so excuse me for calling you out on a s*** comment so go suck one ya flog!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Very happy to have Lee at the club. Was very good for Claremont and played very well in the Foxtel Cup Grand Final.

However... pick 12 is extortionate. Pick 30-40 would have been more appropriate.
What about pick 12 for Tom Lee + pick 24 (1st pick in round 2) + pick 43 (1st pick in round 3) - is that extortionate???

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Would he be a good SS sponsorship option in 2013?

At least he might last a couple of years before going AWOL.