Best 22 for Rd 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

I honestly doubt Milera will be a first round 22 player. Sebation Ross looks more ready imo.

Milera is too thin atm. I'd rather give Curren or Shenton a go first.

I think Simpkin will be FB before Wilkes.

I think Wilkes and Shenton will be used as forwards, along with Siposs.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re:

lefty wrote:I honestly doubt Milera will be a first round 22 player. Sebation Ross looks more ready imo.

I noticed that Wilkes was pictured in the forward group at training so after suspecting that he was a like for like Zac replacement I now think Simpkin has that spot for now with Ferguson breathing down his neck.

Milera doesn't look too bad he is a speedy elusive type player so bulk may not be something that they try to add to him in a big way. Lovett wasn't exactly Schwartzenegger.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Re:

gringo wrote:Milera doesn't look too bad he is a speedy elusive type player so bulk may not be something that they try to add to him in a big way. Lovett wasn't exactly Schwartzenegger.
Nor was Winmar 8-)

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re: Best 22 for Rd 1

Cant wait for the intra-club match and NAB games so we can actually see how the new chums compare with the more seasoned players.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Re:

gringo wrote:
lefty wrote:I honestly doubt Milera will be a first round 22 player. Sebation Ross looks more ready imo.

I noticed that Wilkes was pictured in the forward group at training so after suspecting that he was a like for like Zac replacement I now think Simpkin has that spot for now with Ferguson breathing down his neck.

Milera doesn't look too bad he is a speedy elusive type player so bulk may not be something that they try to add to him in a big way. Lovett wasn't exactly Schwartzenegger.

Agree - Simpkin has FB for now (with Ferg as his understudy).
Wilkes to play ff - and only be moved back in an emergency.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Gees that will hard it hard to fit Roo, Kosi and Stanley into the forward line if Wilkes is there also...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure Stanley and Kosi will be forwards full time, more drifting in from the ruck. We would look a little more direct if we had a marking hulk forward and it would allow Roo loose. Wilkes or Archer as pack crashing forwards sounds good to me allowing a mosquito fleet of runners to attack from the ground.We have got a lot of small goal kickers in this year so I imagine we want a scoring spread from a number of sources.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I'm not sure Stanley and Kosi will be forwards full time, more drifting in from the ruck. We would look a little more direct if we had a marking hulk forward and it would allow Roo loose. Wilkes or Archer as pack crashing forwards sounds good to me allowing a mosquito fleet of runners to attack from the ground.We have got a lot of small goal kickers in this year so I imagine we want a scoring spread from a number of sources.

I hear what you say but where do Kosi or Stanley play when not rucking which will be at least 60% of the time. Cant see Wilkes playing forward. If he plays it would have to be FB.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Possibly at sandy if he can do a J pod.