Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Were all those free kicks for holding the ball???

More specifically were they for run down from behind holding the ball...

My guess
Armitage....push in the back, holding the ball in a pack...very aggressive inside player
Milne.....high tackle, holding the ball, marking contests
Gilbert.....incorrect disposal, marking contests
schnieder.....touching an opponent (umps hate him)
Dawson.....Marking contests
Fisher......Marking Contests
Montagna....too high

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And all those players played more games than Raphael....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:And all those players played more games than Raphael....
Still Armo didn't play more than 36 games this season so his average of less than one a game isn't the same.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Given he gets caught holding the ball so often according to certain on here, please explain:-

Frees Against

Armitage 36
Milne 35
Gilbert 30
Schneider 26
Dawson 25
Goddard 25
Fisher 24
Montagna 24

Clarke 16

So, less than 1 free against a game?

Hardly supports the argument?
i never said he gets caught "so often"....he got caught opening minutes in the biggest game of the year, pretty much sums him up.
plus you have to go near or at least touch the ball a lot to get frees for/against, thats why his tally is so small.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
To the top wrote:Given he gets caught holding the ball so often according to certain on here, please explain:-

Frees Against

Armitage 36
Milne 35
Gilbert 30
Schneider 26
Dawson 25
Goddard 25
Fisher 24
Montagna 24

Clarke 16

i never said he gets caught "so often"....he got caught opening minutes in the biggest game of the year, pretty much sums him up.
plus you have to go near or at least touch the ball a lot to get frees for/against, thats why his tally is so small.
Stop being silly someone will post stats with his possession count per game now.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

Frees Against

Armitage 36
Milne 35
Gilbert 30
Schneider 26
Dawson 25
Goddard 25
Fisher 24
Montagna 24

Clarke 16

in the opening minutes of the biggest game of the year Sam Fisher was running with him and rather than block... dropped off for a pass

watch the reply... ne1 would have expected a shephard

gringo
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

Frees Against

Armitage 36
Milne 35
Gilbert 30
Schneider 26
Dawson 25
Goddard 25
Fisher 24
Montagna 24

Clarke 16

in the opening minutes of the biggest game of the year Sam Fisher was running with him and rather than block... dropped off for a pass

I blame Fisher as well he could have shepherded for raph and we would have been seeing him differently.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
skeptic wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

Frees Against

Armitage 36
Milne 35
Gilbert 30
Schneider 26
Dawson 25
Goddard 25
Fisher 24
Montagna 24

Clarke 16

I blame Fisher as well he could have shepherded for raph and we would have been seeing him differently.
see it's comments like that that bother me...

I respect Martos opinion because it's thought out and has a basis even though i don't agree.

Dooley on the other hand is reaching for things to criticise Raph with and could not care less if they're out of context...
he's clearly made his mind up already ad is just s#!ting on Raph now as evidenced by his rather underwhelming contribution to this topic - his bad blah blah blah

Any objective personally who watches that part of the 1st GF on tape can see that Fisher should have blocked for him and that that's solely not on Raph (though his awareness still cost him).

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

he is just a really unintelligent footballer. the anti-footballers footballer and seemingly takes half a game to get up to speed.