Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jimmy_slats
Club Player

seriously guy give it a rest whats the point of this thread how bout you start up a brent guerra thread and while your at it maybe a steven sziller or xavier clarke?? people change clubs in every team...... get over it!!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:seriously guy give it a rest whats the point of this thread how bout you start up a brent guerra thread and while your at it maybe a steven sziller or xavier clarke?? people change clubs in every team...... get over it!!
No hope!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

L.Ball definitely found the right match in the end.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Image

:lol:
Is that Bruce's friend Loosey? :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Image

:lol:
Is that Bruce's friend Loosey? :wink:
haha... you got it, Doc!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:When has luke ball ever bagged the club???

He has been absolutely praised in the way he handles continued questions about

His post grand final interview was as good as sportsmanship get.....his thoughts went out to his former teamates..... He actually looked as though he was tortured by the situation and celebrating would be disrespectful
A lesser man would have shoved it clean up ross' arse

He has never bagged the club.... He loved stk...no question, but NO man will stay in a workplace and be under utilised and renumerated with better offer on the table......

Give me one reason i should pick you next week....

He is painted out as a villian, to make people feel better about him making a choice to leave the club for more money and opportunity....which has been proven that it was deservedly so.....which really bites some people...
Who were hoping like hell he would fail dismally ..... But he did not .... He made a mockery of us.....thats why there is angst
on the money with this, bar the angst - that came immediately from many here - like a jilted lover they twisted the scenario to ball=bad.
it hurt that such a quality peraon would choose collingwood over us - so suddenly luke was no longer quality - s*** player, s*** person - everything he's done since has proved otherwise.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thank god.....

I thought i was the only one......i actually thought i was going mad, and must have completely mis-read the whole situation...

I am an unashamed fan of ball....i love the way he plays, and how he represented us...

I dont apologise for

Believing his departure was a mistake
Wishing him well in his career

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
on the money with this, bar the angst - that came immediately from many here - like a jilted lover they twisted the scenario to ball=bad.
it hurt that such a quality peraon would choose collingwood over us - so suddenly luke was no longer quality - s*** player, s*** person - everything he's done since has proved otherwise.
What has he done to prove that he is a quality person? I don't quite follow, he turned his back on his fellow team mates, club and supporters for some obscure reason to join the vermin of the league displaying a real lack of loyalty and poor form, so what has he done since that would make anyone think he has turned all that around?
Rat.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Fireman.....thats from your POV

From his POV he moved to a new place of work....a competitor....

He believed he could offer more than the saints believed.....as did collingwood.....he also was offered more renumeration.....

This is not a weekend footy club, its his profession, he has EVERY right to maximise his potential.....and potential earnings...

Did he turn his back on the club or visa versa???

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Thank god.....

I thought i was the only one......i actually thought i was going mad, and must have completely mis-read the whole situation...

I am an unashamed fan of ball....i love the way he plays, and how he represented us...

I dont apologise for

Believing his departure was a mistake
Wishing him well in his career
Well, you should know that I agree with you too BM.

Letting him go was definitely a stuff-up. Put together with the large $$$ and the first round pick we wasted on Lovett, it all adds up to a massive stuff-up. Drain deservedly paid the price for failure.

My only slight difference with you would be that I believe that, in the end, Luke really had to go. He seemed to believe he knew better than the coach how he should be used. That's an untenable situation every time IMO.

Ball has now found a coach who agrees with him about how he should be used. Good on him. If Lyon has any second thoughts now (and I suspect he does), then that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: This is not a weekend footy club, its his profession, he has EVERY right to maximise his potential.....and potential earnings...
Yes. And he did. The problem is that if every player thought like that, they'd all be at colonwood. Cash to splash. Media heavies to go to bat for you if you stuff up. Overseas training camps (which were a terrible waste of resources when we did it).

There would be three Melbourne clubs, plus possibly a regional Victorian club. But that is pretty much the long term afl plan anyway.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saint tash
Club Player

Grantaire wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Grantaire wrote:
Winmar wrote:I had Collingwood supporters I was with getting tonight getting orgasmic over him. I never want to hear his name again.
Can you blame us? He's turned into a vital cog in our midfield, and is an integral part of the new 'machine'.
The Rat deserves to be at Collingwood, fit's right in with that other Rat Didak.
Scum club with scummy supporters.
Yep, he's deserved everything he's got with us. The scumbag.
:lol: :wink: :lol:

Oh when the saints go charging in!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Can't work out what gets pumped up more, his ability, or his character?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I bet he kicks the first goal this week. So does maxwell's mum.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:
BigMart wrote:When has luke ball ever bagged the club???

He has been absolutely praised in the way he handles continued questions about

His post grand final interview was as good as sportsmanship get.....his thoughts went out to his former teamates..... He actually looked as though he was tortured by the situation and celebrating would be disrespectful
A lesser man would have shoved it clean up ross' arse

He has never bagged the club.... He loved stk...no question, but NO man will stay in a workplace and be under utilised and renumerated with better offer on the table......

Give me one reason i should pick you next week....

He is painted out as a villian, to make people feel better about him making a choice to leave the club for more money and opportunity....which has been proven that it was deservedly so.....which really bites some people...
Who were hoping like hell he would fail dismally ..... But he did not .... He made a mockery of us.....thats why there is angst
Agree with most of this - puts me in the 10% minority on here doesn't it - of those game enough to speak up without being slammed :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Fireman.....thats from your POV

From his POV he moved to a new place of work....a competitor....

He believed he could offer more than the saints believed.....as did collingwood.....he also was offered more renumeration.....

This is not a weekend footy club, its his profession, he has EVERY right to maximise his potential.....and potential earnings...

Did he turn his back on the club or visa versa???
From anyones POV he has shown disloyalty and now his profession is professional mercenary. It isn't an office job,it is a sport which involves the passions of many, it is connected with a loyal fan base who put their heart and soul into a club..he would know that and so should you.
He went for the $ knowing how many people he would let down, he had the option of staying and still being well paid, that is not the form of a quality person and don't get me wrong, I know there are many but please don't paint him as a quality person.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
BigMart wrote: This is not a weekend footy club, its his profession, he has EVERY right to maximise his potential.....and potential earnings...
Yes. And he did. The problem is that if every player thought like that, they'd all be at colonwood. Cash to splash. Media heavies to go to bat for you if you stuff up. Overseas training camps (which were a terrible waste of resources when we did it).

There would be three Melbourne clubs, plus possibly a regional Victorian club. But that is pretty much the long term afl plan anyway.
nicely put squire.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Made a pact to stay loyal, rejected a good contract, tampered with the draft process along with Connors, stuffed about not dealing while telling everyone he would go to the Pies anyway. Murky dealings.

saint tash
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:seriously guy give it a rest whats the point of this thread how bout you start up a brent guerra thread and while your at it maybe a steven sziller or xavier clarke?? people change clubs in every team...... get over it!!

Agreed. Tastes like sour grapes. I'd say we r more bitter because we got diddly squat for him.

Not once has he mocked the club since his departure. Nothing but praise.

Obviously counts for nothing.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Made a pact to stay loyal, rejected a good contract, tampered with the draft process along with Connors, stuffed about not dealing while telling everyone he would go to the Pies anyway. Murky dealings.
The actions of a quality person?
:roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:

Agreed. Tastes like sour grapes. I'd say we r more bitter because we got diddly squat for him.

you got that right.

saint tash
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
saint tash wrote:

you got that right.

Pffffffft. Turncoat.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saint tash wrote:

you got that right.

Pffffffft. Turncoat.
please explain?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
saint tash wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saint tash wrote:

you got that right.

Pffffffft. Turncoat.
please explain?
You know, turncoat .. luke ball/nick davis.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saint tash wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saint tash wrote:

you got that right.

Pffffffft. Turncoat.
please explain?
You know, turncoat .. luke ball/nick davis.
aaaah I see.