Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

"He's got to go home and face his family and he's got to face himself in the mirror," Mr Gladman said.
This from a guy who didn't speak up 6 years ago when he thought it may damage his precious career.... :roll:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
"He's got to go home and face his family and he's got to face himself in the mirror," Mr Gladman said.
This from a guy who didn't speak up 6 years ago when he thought it may damage his precious career.... :roll:
I really think all this is a Ch9 promo for season 5 of Underbelly.

markp
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
markp wrote:
I really think all this is a Ch9 promo for season 5 of Underbelly.
I thought the same thing about their bizarre handling of the lead story involving that teen gunman!

yipper
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:this story defames a number of pple...and in the end even an alleged offender can become a victim......this is now happening to milney.....

...i know Paul Coughlan...he is a decent person and a very good lawyer.......now a judge.....this story impinges on his integrity too......if paul states there was simply not enough evidence for a jury to convict...then there was not enough evidence...despite what this ex copper prick states.......end of story......

"Higher ranked officers and the then-Director of Public Prosecutions, Paul Coughlan QC, declined to prosecute Milne, saying there was no chance of a conviction."
How do you think this may now pan out Stinger?? In light of the claims questioning the integrity of various people in charge at that time.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Double page spread in the Herald Scum. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Next few pages is a story on Masterchef and an abusive Facebook page.....showing the level of reporting with that publication.

bob__71
Club Player

Be interesting to know what the relationship between the detective and the alleged victim is. Seems to me that he knows a lot about her at the time, and for years after after the charges were dropped.

Something doesnt add up. He seemed a lot like a common money grabbing bogan for a police officer.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Geez you need to ask yourself whether this is a complete media beat up. Why haven't the other networks joined in. IMO there's diddly squat of any conviction based on heresay from some former office who has an axe to grind

Another opportunity awaits!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

the girl just said she watched the news last night and saw absolutely NUTHIN

"what news did you watch"

"flicked between seven and nine...nuthin"

rd 3 MM gobs off
milne interview for 200th
doesnt paint mm in a friendly light
channel nine and the herald ass run this now??

eddie eddie eddie eddie eddie eddie

knob
like someone else i know......

BigD
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
BigD wrote:
I just finished watching a promotion piece for Nine News by a bunch of sock puppets masquerading as a serious "hard hitting" football analysis show.

Hutchinson could barely wipe the grin from his face. GT had been completely muted and Wilson toed the 'company line' whilst Lyon ended with the scripted cliffhanger: "we'll all have to watch Nine News tomorrow night to find out more".

What an utter disgrasce! :evil: :evil:
Really though, it's just not a football story. Not in any way, shape or form.
Exactly my point. If it's not a football story, leave it alone. Either that or comment on the inappropriate usage of the game and a club to sensationalise a rather lightweight story about alleged police malpractice.

Instead, the Footy Classified team had clearly been pre-briefed internally as to their role to further promote this rather shoddy piece for the next night's news. At the very least, Caro or GT could have pointed out the way Ch9 are teasing and stringing this out for the sole purpose of ratings.
They certainly would have if it had been a channel 7 story.

Prime example of the media seeking to become the news rather than just report it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
That's weird, I can no longer find this story online to give everyone the link.

Was this quote in the actual paper today, together with all the details of what allegedly happened that night?

Maybe it was the further story to be aired tonight, and it shouldn't of been online yet?

missgez
Club Player

Does St Kilda have a PR department? Just wondering as the amount of negative stories that are allowed to run makes me think we have zero clout in this area. Esp compared to Collingwood etc. Could you imagine these kinds of stories being allowed to run about them?

Also makes me sick as Rooey (no doubt backed by the club) was so generous to the media with his time during his injury.

I am truly horrified and disgusted that this has been dragged up again. I wish there was something that I could do to channel this anger productively...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Big deal.....so what if someone from our club tried to convince the cops not to press charges or investigate fully?

Our club did just what they (and any other club would've done back in 2004) - try and use whatever means available to keep M&M free from charges.

It's now ALL about police corruption, and nothing to do with St Kilda.

Let's all be thankful that cops were a little bent back then and our boys are still with us!

Brumby is in deep shyte now.....if the bushfires weren't enough to finish him off this whole fiasco surely will (well I hope it does!).

No doubt we will hear a fair bit of "Milney is rapist" at the game on Friday night, and no doubt there will be a few good fights on the field also.

Just adds a bit of spice (and interest = higher gate/higher ratings on TV) to an already huge game.

So thank you Channel 9 for boosting our coffers and also sending Brumby away from Spring Street!

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

markp wrote:
Yeah funny how he found his morals now. Seems pretty shady to me.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Double page spread in the Herald Scum. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Next few pages is a story on Masterchef and an abusive Facebook page.....showing the level of reporting with that publication.

I saw that spread and yes it is garbage, but they way it was set out by using the pictures of M & M it makes it look like there has been more allegations or eveidence against the 2 players rather than the issue of police corruption.

This is all very strange to be coming out now, more pathetic media fishing at the expense of 2 young men. 6 years is a long time to hold this story Eddie

I love this club
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Quixote wrote:
saint66au wrote:
"The operation I was head of was very badly policed".
So, as head of the operation, he had the opportunity to blow the whistle on this 6 years ago. Hmm bit scared of losing his own job perhaps, seeing that if it was "very badly policed" the buck would stop with him
But now he's retired...so he rings one of his media contacts and tells him he has a story?

:roll:
If there is anything in it - which I doubt - this bloke is agenda driven and his comments are self-implicating at the very least.

Why - now?

Why is he no longer in the force?

Is he short of a buck???
What a pile of crap has been written on the first 5 pages of this thread (all I've gotten through so far). "This bloke is agenda driven" and all this talk of Collingwood and such incredible crap. You know him personally and are completely sure are you?
As for "why- now?" maybe it's been eating him up inside for 6 years (which may also answer the "why is he no longer in the force?" question). Maybe he was prompted by all the publicity over Milne's 200th the other day and decided enough was enough. So he would have probably contacted Channel 9 in the days after Milne's 200th and they would have investigated it for a few days and announced over the weekend that the story was going to be on the news last night. Surely you don't have to be a genius to work out that this could be exactly why it's come out now.
As for those who asked "why didn't he do anything about all this 6 years ago", maybe he wasn't strong/brave enough to. How hard would that be to work out?
I think you're all just firing shots at anyone and everyone you can, to avoid the question that's really eating away at you. Did they do it?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
supersaints
Club Player

Biggest worry I have is how it will effect Milney and Joey, particuarly this week... I recall Joey playing very poor footy for the first half of the season and I think Milney was not much better all those years ago..
This Friday is a season defining game for us, if we can knock off Geelong without Rooey we will likely finsh on top.Eddie knows that the scum cannot get second spot, and that they have no hope of beating us in the finals, their only hope would be to have us miss out then they can possibly have a crack at Geelong in the final, its been timed perfectlty by channel Eddie as a desperate attempt to derail our season.. hope it all backfires and the team is further galvanised.. if we can beat Geelong without Rooey, Gram and all this CRAP we will win the big one.......

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I feel a bit sick, has anyone seen that this ex-detective has now revealed all the details of what allegedly occured that night, everything.

Please, could someone now explain to me how this guy ever had intention of seeing justice prevail?

We would be niave to think yesterday, that there was not a a possibility that this case could of been reopened if there had been enough pressure placed on Victoria police.

This Gladman fellow would have you believe that this matter should go to trail, yet has now singlehandedly destroyed this by making everything public.

I just don't understand this at all :?

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I read the report in the paper today, the two page spread. If they are the correct details then its pretty disrespectful (thats my personal opinion and nothing more)
Placing themselves in that kind of situation can always lead to a messy outcome. I dont believe they had the intention of forcing anyone to do anything they didnt want to (again only my personal opinion)

I couldnt give two stuffs about eddie or collingwood, I am not trying to deflect with questions I think asking why now and why in this way has it all been dragged into the media again is a fair question.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Solar
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Quixote wrote:
saint66au wrote:
So, as head of the operation, he had the opportunity to blow the whistle on this 6 years ago. Hmm bit scared of losing his own job perhaps, seeing that if it was "very badly policed" the buck would stop with him
But now he's retired...so he rings one of his media contacts and tells him he has a story?

If there is anything in it - which I doubt - this bloke is agenda driven and his comments are self-implicating at the very least.

Why - now?

Is he short of a buck???
What a pile of crap has been written on the first 5 pages of this thread (all I've gotten through so far). "This bloke is agenda driven" and all this talk of Collingwood and such incredible crap. You know him personally and are completely sure are you?
As for "why- now?" maybe it's been eating him up inside for 6 years (which may also answer the "why is he no longer in the force?" question). Maybe he was prompted by all the publicity over Milne's 200th the other day and decided enough was enough. So he would have probably contacted Channel 9 in the days after Milne's 200th and they would have investigated it for a few days and announced over the weekend that the story was going to be on the news last night. Surely you don't have to be a genius to work out that this could be exactly why it's come out now.
As for those who asked "why didn't he do anything about all this 6 years ago", maybe he wasn't strong/brave enough to. How hard would that be to work out?
I think you're all just firing shots at anyone and everyone you can, to avoid the question that's really eating away at you. Did they do it?
bulls*** answer

Why didn't he go through the proper process at the time? The OPI is accessable even now and by the sound of it they will launch a investigation into it. So why go to the media before doing that. Doesn't help that channel 9 have no ethics at all but seriously what did he hope to gain outside of them having a look back into what happened? Now he has tarred a whole group of people who might not have had any hand in the problems.

Goin to totally boycott both channel 9, herald sun and their sponsors. Have told them. Might not do anything but makes me feel a little better.

Love the quote "might as wll win the f78king thing"

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Why - now?

Is he short of a buck???
I think the pile of "crap" as you call it has started with this post.

Whilst I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories normally, this one is far too convenient...the fact the other networks and footy shows are not following it through shows how much it "stinks"

Solar
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I feel a bit sick, has anyone seen that this ex-detective has now revealed all the details of what allegedly occured that night, everything.

Please, could someone now explain to me how this guy ever had intention of seeing justice prevail?

We would be niave to think yesterday, that there was not a a possibility that this case could of been reopened if there had been enough pressure placed on Victoria police.

This Gladman fellow would have you believe that this matter should go to trail, yet has now singlehandedly destroyed this by making everything public.

I just don't understand this at all :?
agree, bizzarre. Who does this help?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
yipper
SS Life Member

maverick wrote:
Quixote wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Why - now?

Is he short of a buck???
I think the pile of "crap" as you call it has started with this post.

Whilst I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories normally, this one is far too convenient...the fact the other networks and footy shows are not following it through shows how much it "stinks"
Spot on. Someone get some air freshener!!! it positively reeks!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-generic ... -yte0.html

Police command has confirmed a complaint was lodged over the handling of rape allegations against two St Kilda footballers.

Former senior detective constable Scott Gladman claims he was intimidated and harrassed by fellow police officers over the 2004 investigation - who pressured him to make the allegations 'go away'.

The case eventually collapsed and charges were never laid.

Acting Deputy Commissioner Steve Fontana says a full investigation has been launched into the claims.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:
Why didn't he go through the proper process at the time? The OPI is accessable even now and by the sound of it they will launch a investigation into it. So why go to the media before doing that. Doesn't help that channel 9 have no ethics at all but seriously what did he hope to gain outside of them having a look back into what happened? Now he has tarred a whole group of people who might not have had any hand in the problems.

Goin to totally boycott both channel 9, herald sun and their sponsors. Have told them. Might not do anything but makes me feel a little better.

Love the quote "might as wll win the f78king thing"
Who gives a f*** "why"? None of that matters. There could be an infinite number of reasons why he didn't, or why he went to the media, or why he wears a blue tie, instead of a green one. Who cares? I bet none of us really care about all these "whys" that are being asked. As I said they're just beating around the bush trying to avoid the quesrion they really want to ask.
And it now looks like he did make complaints about it at the time.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-kil ... 5882432318

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I think you're all just firing shots at anyone and everyone you can, to avoid the question that's really eating away at you. Did they do it?
What's that got to do with anything? This is a story on internal police corruption, the MM case has been done and dusted for years.