King ...out of form or

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Re: King ...out of form or

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 1:44pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 1:09pm
Crossy66 wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 1:00pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 19 May 2024 12:45pm My thoughts are not a Kingy bashy sooky point of view.

I really like Max. I reckon he is incredible. We desperately need him.

What shitz me is that he HAS the ability, skills and talent.

We have watched him play brilliantly.

The excuses need to be weighed and given some merit...e.g. ball movement from mid to forward entry.

But a Key Forward with his agility and speed has to get on his bike and get the f@cking ball. Its not dropping in his lap? Tough.

Summon the spirit of Gehrig and Hall...let your mongrel erupt. Be fierce, have some damn courage. Stop hiding behind defenders...if they wont move...rip their tits off and trample their carcasses.

You got ONE job...its not to be a ruck and give an 'honourable effort' that brings the ball to ground for a small crumber to score...

Destroy obstacles, get the ball, kick a goal.

No more no less.

No strategy. Just eat ball.
His body breaking down hasn't helped hid gym time. Needs some more meat on the bones. He moved well last night. He's no good standing and wrestling gorillas

If he needs a less intensive environment to recalibrate then VFL.

He had 3 score invovlements...3.
Score Involvement: Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on.

The AFL average for a Key Forward is 7..½ the avg is pathetic. We are celebrating him playing better last night...how poor was he before?

But being slight of frame never stopped anyone from gut running, getting into position for a mark and fighting every second your foot stands upon the grass.
Just sayin that he changed it up last night. Was roaming and getting into good spots but our limited entries were terrible. If he keeps doing that, and gets better supply he will click.
But ultimately, he needs good shoulders to pack on some muscle over summer.
He was better. But I cant stress enough it is not physical limitation. His issues are between his ears.

loris
Saintsational Legend

With King - could his shoulder still be an issue that he doesn’t have full movement or complete rotation in it?

I noticed at the pre game ceremony as players lined up all with arms linked around each other. As the camera panned around the Saints player, all players had their arms linked up shoulder high with hands over teammates shoulders . All except King. King, had his non bandaged arm up over the shoulder of a player beside him. However, his bandaged shoulder, this arm was down at waist high around a teammate. Maybe it is painful for him to have his arm extended for a period of time or he doesn’t have the complete rotation/movement in his shoulder???
This might explain why he seems to prefer to take a grab at the back of a pack. Why he Doesn’t hold marks when there is fierce pack opposition behind him, or prefers to just knock the ball one handed to the ground. Even when he leads ( which is not often I know) he’s not attempting to take the ball out infront of him with both arms extended fully.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Let's all make excuses for King and let's all forgive Ross Lyon if he keeps him in the side over the next few weeks (regardless of how King performs)

We pay him like a super star so let's keep treating him like a super star