New CEO

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: New CEO

kosifantutti wrote:
Freebird wrote: I wonder if GT would have gone into a grand final with both Eddy and MacQualter ...... They played all year in a grand final side delisted (strange) and were not picked up by any other club. Why was this?
That's not true for either player.
According to Wiki
Andrew Mcqualter played 21 out of 22 Home and Away games in 2009
He played 21 out of 22 Home and Away games in 2010
He played 5 Home and Away games in 2011
He was delisted by St Kilda at the end of 2011
He was selected by Gold Coast in the 2011 Rookie Draft.
He played 5 Home and Away games in 2012

Robert Eddy played 8 out of 22 Home and Away games in 2009
He played 6 out of 22 Home and Away games in 2010
He was delisted at the end of the 2010 season and not drafted by any other AFL club.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Why are we wasting page after page discussing what might have been with various coachers? They're gone, we're still here and nothing is to be gained by re-hashing the last.

All this does is continually drag us back into the past, instead of moving on and getting over the hurt of 2009-2013. Build a bridge all of you Hardy-ha-Has. "Oh dear, oh my" just get over it.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Freebird wrote:Is Boring footy with poor recruiting no development something you find funny Tugger?
Your life spent on SS childishly contradicting most threads!!

You oppose every BM post like one of those anoying young teens who knows best but in reality you bring nothing to SS but childish contravert.

I'm an occassional reader with few posts but you and JB live here beating your chest as some keyboard hero with no life (how could you have one when you're on here most of the day every day).

I find ss sometimes informative and interesting but none of this is furnished by you or JB.
Must admit, after reading it, I also thought it was written as a joke or poor sarcasm.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Freebird wrote:Is Boring footy with poor recruiting no development something you find funny Tugger?

You oppose every BM post like one of those anoying young teens who knows best but in reality you bring nothing to SS but childish contravert.

I'm an occassional reader with few posts but you and JB live here beating your chest as some keyboard hero with no life (how could you have one when you're on here most of the day every day).

I find ss sometimes informative and interesting but none of this is furnished by you or JB.
Must admit, after reading it, I also thought it was written as a joke or poor sarcasm.
Why involve me in your pathetic little tantrum Freebird?

Stupid statement been called on and you act like a child.

Thank god you dont contribute very often. Most things I have read from you is following BM around like a lovesick puppy.

I suggest you get over your infantile persecution complex. Or better still do us all a favour and stop posting here.

If you do keep post I couldn't care less, I possibly think any less of you as I do now

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Some interesting observations in this thread, ultimately worthless to the team in 2014 but interesting nonetheless.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Freebird wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I don't agree that he was absolutely useless but I have wondered for while now if AFL clubs are a little top heavy in executive management especially when you consider the relatively small turnover the clubs manage and the small amount of staff they manage.
How can anyone argue that Nettlefold wasn't useless? Just look at the KPI's. Membership down, sponsorship down, performance /ladder position down, finances down. Need I say more. Useless. The benefit of cronyism. Will be glad to see the back of him. On performance, quite possibly the worst CEO we've ever had. And that's saying something, seeing as we had that tool Fraser as his predecessor.

The worse decision nettlefold made was installing Lyon as coach.
Nettlefold never appointed Lyon as coach.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

So who brokered the NZ deal? Do you reckon Nettlefold went to the AFL and cold canvassed the idea or do you think it was the complete brainchild of the AFL and they approached the club to see if they would be interested?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:So who brokered the NZ deal? Do you reckon Nettlefold went to the AFL and cold canvassed the idea or do you think it was the complete brainchild of the AFL and they approached the club to see if they would be interested?
Pretty sure it was our idea. Whether that is Nettlefold or not he did broker the deal.

thezelk
Club Player

Think you'll find Pelchin came up with the NZ idea, similar to his Hawks years. While Nettlefold brokered the deal with the help of the AFL.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

thezelk wrote:Think you'll find Pelchin came up with the NZ idea, similar to his Hawks years. While Nettlefold brokered the deal with the help of the AFL.
probably right. just becuase Pelchen new about the NZ hawks.

Freebird
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:

Why involve me in your pathetic little tantrum Freebird?

Stupid statement been called on and you act like a child.

Thank god you dont contribute very often. Most things I have read from you is following BM around like a lovesick puppy.

I suggest you get over your infantile persecution complex. Or better still do us all a favour and stop posting here.

If you do keep post I couldn't care less, I possibly think any less of you as I do now
I think you have me mixed up with tugga, tossa.
The hypocracy on here by a select few is staggering....tossa can you at least try not beating your chest with self importance on an internet site.

Your sarcastic rant on the umps the other night was funny for 3rd graders.

Stop ruining good threads

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

So my point is that Nettlefold can't be labelled completely useless if he achieved some positive outcomes for the club...I think the term "useless" is an incorrect label and possibly not warranted because clearly he wasn't.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So I wonder if the AFL asked us if we wanted Steven Trigg As CEO?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/o ... 6835362617

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So I wonder if the AFL asked us if we wanted Steven Trigg As CEO?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/o ... 6835362617
Not much of a quality queue lining up either at Seaford or Moorabbin to be interviewed for the CEO's role.

It will be interesting to see who the successful candidate ends up being, i wonder if he'll be prime beef or a chump chop.... :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Twitter is abuzz 8-)

@theagesport: AFLPA boss Matt Finnis tipped for St Kilda CEO job http://t.co/cQgXo5XIxe

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

this report sounds very very likely....

im certainly not against this bloke. upgrade on nettlefold and better than most of the other names thrown around.

http://au.linkedin.com/in/mattfinnis

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote:Twitter is abuzz 8-)

@theagesport: AFLPA boss Matt Finnis tipped for St Kilda CEO job http://t.co/cQgXo5XIxe
I like the sound of that Doc. :D

Once that's sorted, next step... get us to the Junction Oval!!!

I'm in St Kilda every second Friday arvo'. Last Friday I got down to Ackland Street. The whole suburb is alive... with locals (from near and far) and tourists (from near and far). :idea:

Get the club and the social club to the Junction, and get it rocking a la the St Kilda bowlo' and the SKANC, and we'll have members (from near and far) and sponsors (from near and far) rolling in.
St Kilda will be the footy club to be associated with... be one a footy supporter, international backpacker, player or sponsor. :idea:

We are the league's grooviest club, from Melbs' grooviest suburb. 8-)
None of those other 17 vanilla teams have this cache, this potential, this opportunity...
We could (and bloody well should) be a marketer's dream...

It's time the St Kilda Juggernaut finally cashed-in on that! :idea:

Hey Saintas' footy adminstration (we all know that you read Saintsational :wink: ) ... please, please, make yourselves famous, gain our eternal gratitude... make it happen!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
defacto
Club Player

absolutely over the moon with finnis. the ip he'd would bring is amazing, add to that his relationship with AFL HQ and the soon to be AFL CEO and i think were onto a winner

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote:

I'm in St Kilda every second Friday arvo'. Last Friday I got down to Ackland Street. The whole suburb is alive... with locals (from near and far) and tourists (from near and far). :idea:

Get the club and the social club to the Junction, and get it rocking a la the St Kilda bowlo' and the SKANC, and we'll have members (from near and far) and sponsors (from near and far) rolling in.
St Kilda will be the footy club to be associated with... be one a footy supporter, international backpacker, player or sponsor. :idea:

None of those other 17 vanilla teams have this cache, this potential, this opportunity...

Hey Saintas' footy adminstration (we all know that you read Saintsational :wink: ) ... please, please, make yourselves famous, gain our eternal gratitude... make it happen!

Well said, DM.

Still a pipe dream but maybe friends in the AFL (Maclachlan?) can make it happen.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So now the leaky pipes have leaked again will Finnis suddenly disappear from the table?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Played footy with Matt ,quality bloke ,very smart , hope we land him!

PADDLEPOP1000
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:

Well said Dave. StKilda is probably the suburb with the second highest profile in Australia and we should be leveraging that in some way.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:

It's time the St Kilda Juggernaut finally cashed-in on that! :idea: [/size][/b][/qoute]

Cool Man 8-)

We could market ourselves
" Hey hep cats !
We're St kilda , If you love the fast paced cosmpolitan cafe lifestyle , so do we
If your into freaks geeks trannies and pro's , so are we
If you carn't get by without some sort of drug , neither can we .

So get a fix of the Saint's now and we can get High(on life ) together !
Peace out ! 8-)

In red white and black from 73
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:

Living right across the road from the junction oval i can tell you that I would fully support the move!!!! but it will never happen. By the way, the ground is in incredible condition, flat as a bowling green.
I walk past everyday, the rows of seats are still on the outer wing, i can still remember watching the saints play there against the toys in the 80's.
I remember watching plugger play one of his first few games there. I remember he took a mark on the boundary line just as the siren went for 1/2 time. The umpo lined him up after the siren and Plugger made the horrible mistake of running around to improve the angle!!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

mr six o'clock wrote:Cool Man 8-)

We could market ourselves
" Hey hep cats !
We're St kilda , If you love the fast paced cosmpolitan cafe lifestyle , so do we
If your into freaks geeks trannies and pro's , so are we
If you carn't get by without some sort of drug , neither can we .

So get a fix of the Saint's now and we can get High(on life ) together !
Peace out ! 8-)
I'd be marketing 'the cool', and leaving the pro's and sleaze to Collingwood... they've got form there... Pistols Didak, anyone...?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: