Rumour that Scott has gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Re: Rumour that Scott has gone...

SemperFidelis wrote:Watters and Pelchen may be having a barney over the list, but I just can't see how there is any objective evidence at all to support the idea that the Club would be even thinking of sacking the coach now.

Apart from the fact that his EXISTING CONTRACT FOR NEXT YEAR hasn't yet been extended, what is there? Other than - possibly - someone who hasn't been President of the club for more than a decade spouting off at a lunch. Even if that occurred, it doesn't make it true.

Can you imagine a new President sacking a contracted coach when all possible decent alternatives have already been picked up? And how would we possibly land a new CEO if he had no control over the tenure of the coach for the forseeable future. Or secure any trades?

It's just rubbish. IMHO, of course.

I would agree with most of this but would say that if the club is to complete a review of all aspects of the club, there may be a chance in the future that the coach may go. Having said that I can see why and there maybe others who chose to go.

I am not close to the club being in WA but see a reasonable rapport between Nick and Scott in site videos. According to past AFL write ups, Scott seems to think many of the kids are tuned in and had started work to prepare them for next year's agenda. The senior players may have differences here but I am not sure these are large. Dal was forthright when questioned on the footy show about his thoughts on a move. He noted his preference to stay and identified the due discussion with the club after that Footy Show appearance. Joey seems to want to stay if you believe past write ups and comments on channel 7. Nick has also been upfront on his position often by texts to club members. I don't see Jones, Dempster or Schneider being overly concerned. Unsure about Fish or others. The more recent comments by media on senior players appear to be a beat up to me (IMHO).

However, there is someone or maybe more than 1 person, that is able to relay club concerns to the media without regard for the club unity or the club leadership. I don't care if they are passionate or had past importance to the club they need to let the board and key management take the strategic approach needed for th club. The new President has identified this (on SEN) as an importance step. I agree.

The Leadership now needs to stand up and set the agenda rather than have the media do this. This is irrespective of the outcomes. The outcomes are the clubs to make not the media. If a review is expected, say when this is likely to provide outcomes or recommendations. Don't divulge any detail until all are agreed to the direction taken. Those not willing to agree need to agree to leave.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

Sounds like these recent comments need to be addressed by the club.

P!ss off the media for the short term. Get the club strategy done. Take the expectancy to the main players and seek engagement or resignations as needed.

Then call the media back (much later) to give the club's united perspective for future Club strategy, resources and operations.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Will be at the club till end of 2016. Deal already done.
Good to hear from you, Tony. I'm guessing they're holding on to the announcement until after the "review" is completed, so as not to kick off another festival of inane commentary (e.g. "token" review) by the imbecilia who gouge a living out of displaying their stupidity.

Probably tossing up whether to announce now, to dewind the sails of the bogan flotilla, or to stick to their timetable, which has the added benefit of letting the idiots with pulpits make bigger fools of themselves.

Bit torn myself.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
#gosaintas
Club Player

the bogan flotilla

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:P!ss off the media for the short term.
How does that work? It's the trade period - the media will have plenty of stories about St Kilda even if no-one from the club talks to them. It's not like we can just hide under a rock.