Saints in disarray

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in disarray

No, I don't mind supporting us.... It's in my blood

I just don't accept the excuse that were allowed to crap, because history say so.... And allow mistakes because we should accept mediocrity....

Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn built their house... It wasn't given to them.

Geelong were in serious trouble financially and had an on field reputation of being soft pretenders, as recently as 2000

Hawthorn post 91 were terrible.... Shane Cawford and Nick Holland aside they were poor, they almost merged

Sydney.... Well, I lived there in the early 90s when Bukenara was coach, they got 1000 to games and were a laughing stock. Richard Osborne, the Loaf and Co were just their for a pay packet....

A club is as strong as its leadership, and garners support.... Through success from good leadership.....Supporters don't run a club.... Administration does...

Problem at StK is that we want it to happen, hope it can.... But do not really expect success....

It can be seen in many threads.... Excuses from apologists who are content being the victims, proud of the underdog status, happy with their loyalty to a basket case.....who love being jealous of the big boys,bitching and moaning about others.... And how they were handed success...

Sydney, Ross Lyon, Luke Ball, Collingwood blah, blah....

Expect more.... Demand success

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

We've increased our overdraft limit - you run St Kilda and whatya get, another day older and deeper in debt:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 2uoxg.html

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You contradict yourself big mart, Scott said as much and it offended.

I have no issue with him aiming the bar higher

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Expect more.... Demand success
I do. In fact, I demand that you become an AFL player and win the Brownlow. Just because you're fat and forty, there's no reason not to expect more of you.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I'm not fat? Far from it....

Last time I checked I'm not a professional athlete, coach or administrator at StK. but please do continue to concern yourself with me if that helps?!

Be less concerned with BM and More concerned with SW and what's happening/happened with StK FC since we played in our last GF...

It ain't been pretty

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

There was serious consideration given by SW last year for Roo to relenquish the captaincy. I know I'm adding to the speculation and this is somewaht a loaded question but here goes;

Would this player discontent be happening if Lenny Hayes was captain?

Can the selfish players at St Kilda please go and find another workplace tpo pay them 1/2 million p/a and stop corrupting the next generation

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

+1!

PADDLEPOP1000
maverick
Saintsational Legend

This player discontent has to be localised, surely.
Why would Lenny play on if he didn't respect SW or feel valued, my understanding is that him and Nick are reasonably tight.....they used to be anyway...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:There was serious consideration given by SW last year for Roo to relenquish the captaincy. I know I'm adding to the speculation and this is somewaht a loaded question but here goes;

Can the selfish players at St Kilda please go and find another workplace tpo pay them 1/2 million p/a and stop corrupting the next generation

Who are these selfish older players corrupting the workplace. i have only heard Dal saying he wants to stay. Joey as well and havent heard a word from rooy, Lenny or Chips.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:There was serious consideration given by SW last year for Roo to relenquish the captaincy. I know I'm adding to the speculation and this is somewaht a loaded question but here goes;

Who are these selfish older players corrupting the workplace. i have only heard Dal saying he wants to stay. Joey as well and havent heard a word from rooy, Lenny or Chips.
Isn't this the crux of the disarray or issues down there though, player discontent.
Surely our CEO leaving, Hutchison being made redundant, Graham leaving and obvious financial problems can't be much of an issue.
The AFL hands out cash like its monopoly money, so financially no need to worry, certainly not in the short term....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lenny would play on because

1/ he loves footy and is a competitive beast

2/ he loves stk and wants to give back

3/ he's good enough to

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Lenny would play on because

1/ he loves footy and is a competitive beast

2/ he loves stk and wants to give back

3/ he's good enough to

Reckon money would have a bit to do with it as well.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'm not fat? Far from it....

Last time I checked I'm not a professional athlete, coach or administrator at StK. but please do continue to concern yourself with me if that helps?!

Be less concerned with BM and More concerned with SW and what's happening/happened with StK FC since we played in our last GF...

It ain't been pretty

I've heard that SW is useless and that Finey bloke reckons he should be sacked immediately. Is that what you've heard? Or have you got some inside contacts with a little info on the matter.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:i have only heard Dal saying he wants to stay. Joey as well and havent heard a word from rooy, Lenny or Chips.
Yes...It'd be good if we heard from ALL the players you named. Why don't they either make a positive statement or why don't they STFU.

We've heard from dal that he loves the Saints and wants to stay. We love him too, but...

Up until the time BJ left last year we also heard how much he loves the Saints (still says he does too which is great - that's what you'd expect from a 200+ game champion of the club)

Same with Buddy this year he keeps telling us how much he loves Hawthorn...

Here's my point - we didn't hear from the media that there was disarray at the Hawks this year an we didn't hear that there was disarray at the Saints last year, so why are our leadership group of players UNABLE to keep private discussions PRIVATE

If - and this is a big IF - it is players talking to their media mates or their managers talking to the media about them being unhappy then they are showing how SELFISH they are!!!

Basically the club needs to act in the best long term interests of St Kilda - not the short term interests of senior players

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No, I just have an opinion,

Which is that SW should remain contracted coach at StK until R16 next year until meeting to discuss an extension or not. Mark 'choco' Williams monitored closely, as with Leigh Tudor, and Richardson from Port....

Joey Montagna should be retained and be made captain for two seasons....

NDS and Sam Fisher should be traded to inject need talent and defenders into the club.... Reluctently

The club should not entertain trading it's first round selection, but definitely look at options with pick 21?

The club should try and lure a free agent, and possibly even a pre season selection.

Tom Curren should be upgraded....

Still mystified by Tom Hickey? Where he fits???

I reckon the club erred with Tom Ledger, too late...

Look at a Rookie spot for Mitch Thorpe if available..... Seriously consider Cockie also....

Games into Lee, Wright, Ross, Newnes, Saunders, Siposs, Murdoch, Webster, Markworth.... While remaining gro of core players.

Offload two assistants... Hopeless
Try to get Neeld from Melbourne, Damien Carroll from Box Hill... I know him, a rippa

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:i have only heard Dal saying he wants to stay. Joey as well and havent heard a word from rooy, Lenny or Chips.
Yes...It'd be good if we heard from ALL the players you named. Why don't they either make a positive statement or why don't they STFU.

We've heard from dal that he loves the Saints and wants to stay. We love him too, but...

Up until the time BJ left last year we also heard how much he loves the Saints (still says he does too which is great - that's what you'd expect from a 200+ game champion of the club)

Same with Buddy this year he keeps telling us how much he loves Hawthorn...

Here's my point - we didn't hear from the media that there was disarray at the Hawks this year an we didn't hear that there was disarray at the Saints last year, so why are our leadership group of players UNABLE to keep private discussions PRIVATE

If - and this is a big IF - it is players talking to their media mates or their managers talking to the media about them being unhappy then they are showing how SELFISH they are!!!

Basically the club needs to act in the best long term interests of St Kilda - not the short term interests of senior players

So when a person asks Dal something about staying or going you want him to say what? Dal said a postive statement as did Joey and the others said nothing as you also wanted so can you tell me what players are bringing down the club and how are they doing it. 3 havent spoken as I gather you want when you said STFU and 2 have said they would like to stay which sounds positive as you requested. Its really confusing as to what you want and what has been said that is corrupting the next generation.

Austinnn
Club Player

BigMart wrote:No, I don't mind supporting us.... It's in my blood

I just don't accept the excuse that were allowed to crap, because history say so.... And allow mistakes because we should accept mediocrity....

Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn built their house... It wasn't given to them.

Geelong were in serious trouble financially and had an on field reputation of being soft pretenders, as recently as 2000

Hawthorn post 91 were terrible.... Shane Cawford and Nick Holland aside they were poor, they almost merged

Sydney.... Well, I lived there in the early 90s when Bukenara was coach, they got 1000 to games and were a laughing stock. Richard Osborne, the Loaf and Co were just their for a pay packet....

A club is as strong as its leadership, and garners support.... Through success from good leadership.....Supporters don't run a club.... Administration does...

Problem at StK is that we want it to happen, hope it can.... But do not really expect success....

It can be seen in many threads.... Excuses from apologists who are content being the victims, proud of the underdog status, happy with their loyalty to a basket case.....who love being jealous of the big boys,bitching and moaning about others.... And how they were handed success...

Sydney, Ross Lyon, Luke Ball, Collingwood blah, blah....

Expect more.... Demand success

Absolute bulls***. You are deranged.

"A club is as strong as its leadership, and garners support.... Through success from good leadership.....Supporters don't run a club" blah blah blah
Did the Pies get run into the ground while they were being mismananged? Those other teams you mentioned, how did they survive with such poor structures?
The fan base. SOS, remember that? Where would we be without that? That wasn't the leadership that did that by the way, that was the support.

Supporters don't run a club, right enough, but they do MAKE a club, except in the rare cases where it is being desperately propped up by the AFL, ie expansion clubs... why do you think the AFL is so desperate to get supporters to GWS and GC? Why do you think they put them in states with one existing team, rather than NT or TAS? Rivalry creates interest and passion, which creates supporter culture.

A club is NOTHING without strong support, and there is a fine line between "not accepting mediocrity" and whinging about everything. You are the antithesis to strong support, and if all our supporters wanted to keep flushing our coaching and admin every few years after they didn't win a flag, we'd be extinct. Patience is needed.

Staff come and go. Nothing sinister in staff leaving. Players too. Top players being on trade table shaking up the club a bit, end of an era stuff. That's fine. We're building for the future, not topping up any more, the elites and vets have to accept it. We missed our window, we have to deal with it. Unfortunately for this situation, we've got a lot of competitive never say die characters in the club who see it as 'surrender'. So it's a difficult transition.

There is nothing mediocre about the core of the Saints these days, although we acknowledge it still needs improvement in certain areas. We are a long way from the pre-Thomas/Butterss era.

In short, grow up and stop whining.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We finished 16th

That's mediocre.... We will finish bottom 4 next three years, is that in any way mediocre?

How did we get here... The recession we had to have, but others didn't?!.... We have been horribly mismanaged, come on man... Face it!

Not whinging about it. Just not afraid to state it....

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:

Absolute bulls***. You are deranged.

"A club is as strong as its leadership, and garners support.... Through success from good leadership.....Supporters don't run a club" blah blah blah
Did the Pies get run into the ground while they were being mismananged? Those other teams you mentioned, how did they survive with such poor structures?
The fan base. SOS, remember that? Where would we be without that? That wasn't the leadership that did that by the way, that was the support.

Supporters don't run a club, right enough, but they do MAKE a club, except in the rare cases where it is being desperately propped up by the AFL, ie expansion clubs... why do you think the AFL is so desperate to get supporters to GWS and GC? Why do you think they put them in states with one existing team, rather than NT or TAS? Rivalry creates interest and passion, which creates supporter culture.

A club is NOTHING without strong support, and there is a fine line between "not accepting mediocrity" and whinging about everything. You are the antithesis to strong support, and if all our supporters wanted to keep flushing our coaching and admin every few years after they didn't win a flag, we'd be extinct. Patience is needed.

Staff come and go. Nothing sinister in staff leaving. Players too. Top players being on trade table shaking up the club a bit, end of an era stuff. That's fine. We're building for the future, not topping up any more, the elites and vets have to accept it. We missed our window, we have to deal with it. Unfortunately for this situation, we've got a lot of competitive never say die characters in the club who see it as 'surrender'. So it's a difficult transition.

There is nothing mediocre about the core of the Saints these days, although we acknowledge it still needs improvement in certain areas. We are a long way from the pre-Thomas/Butterss era.

In short, grow up and stop whining.
That's pretty much it.

Everyone HATES losing. Telling an an internet forum that you demand success, or wont accept mediocrity means absolutely bugger all, and does not somehow elevate you above others. Actually doing something positive is all that matters.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote: Just not afraid to state it....
Ad nauseam.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

As an old boss of mine used to say.....' Give me the solution, not the problem'.....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
BigMart wrote: Just not afraid to state it....
Ad nauseam.
'Twas stating it when we were 19-0 in 2009.

let's face it, some people are never happy. Most people take the constant chest beating with a grain of saltc.

Really, you can't take it seriously.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:We've increased our overdraft limit - you run St Kilda and whatya get, another day older and deeper in debt:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 2uoxg.html

so is our debt bigger or smaller than Essendons?
- several years ago they reportedly had $20mill in reserve---- Now they have a debt of $5mill + .... and reduced draft picks and no coach and on and on and on- too big for boots and still paying interest as are we.

I like their new base- under the flight path- just had a look at their plans whilst looking for something else- How much of the 'community' near the airport will use their' Community oval? Taxi drivers on a break....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Happy if we finish FIRST..... just twice in 120 years

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Happy if we finish FIRST..... just twice in 120 years