Swans pushing for walsh hard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Just on Trade News Radio they said the Swans are really into Tommy Walsh and St Kilda will likely trade him for a pick. Completely opposite to what Pelchen said in the Age article.
For pick 43? No thanks.
So we're going to Luke Ball him? That's going to be great the next time we're in negotiations for an Irish gun. Fly half way around the world, we won't play you, then we'll refuse to trade you so you're forced to enter the PSD and go to Melbourne for an opportunity. Where do I sign?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Just on Trade News Radio they said the Swans are really into Tommy Walsh and St Kilda will likely trade him for a pick. Completely opposite to what Pelchen said in the Age article.
For pick 43? No thanks.
I don't know. They may not be offering that pick. They were only guessing that we will accept a pick and trade him. Pelchen has already publicly said we're not interested in trading him.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Bloody well hope not!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
sainterinsydney
Club Player

Why would Pelchen say he is a required player? What the hell is going on! Come on, Saints, stop being amateurish!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

If he wants out let him go... He is no good to us if he wants to be somewhere else ... We will try and convince him to stay and if that works great if not let's get the best deal for him ... Who cares if he becomes a star else where if he isn't committed to the saints he will be a nothing player for us ..1000 kids will want to play for our club let's not waste time holding one against his will .. He will only bugger off to Ireland if we force him to stay

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
defacto
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:If he wants out let him go... He is no good to us if he wants to be somewhere else ... We will try and convince him to stay and if that works great if not let's get the best deal for him ... Who cares if he becomes a star else where if he isn't committed to the saints he will be a nothing player for us ..1000 kids will want to play for our club let's not waste time holding one against his will .. He will only bugger off to Ireland if we force him to stay
i just cant see the club rolling over on this one. if he is faced with the option of going back to ireland for a year and playing with the saints for the next two years. i am sure he will chose to play with the saints and will put everything he has into it.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:Why would Pelchen say he is a required player? What the hell is going on! Come on, Saints, stop being amateurish!
maybe trade news radio are.

saint4life
Buckets
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:Why would Pelchen say he is a required player? What the hell is going on! Come on, Saints, stop being amateurish!
maybe trade news radio are.
That's my hope!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
For pick 43? No thanks.
I don't know. They may not be offering that pick. They were only guessing that we will accept a pick and trade him. Pelchen has already publicly said we're not interested in trading him.
We may not be interested in trading him, but he is out of contract this year so we would lose him for nothing if he decided to go...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

What is amateurish about saying he is a requires d player ?? He is does that mean he wants to stay no does that mean we won't trade him no .. The club has been very professional this week so get a clue before calling us amateurish

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
For pick 43? No thanks.
We may not be interested in trading him, but he is out of contract this year so we would lose him for nothing if he decided to go...
Off course however we have picks before Sydney in the ND and PSD. He would be risking being picked up by another club or us if he decided to walk.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:Off course however we have picks before Sydney in the ND and PSD. He would be risking being picked up by another club or us if he decided to walk.
Given our cap spot, it probably wouldn't cost them $500K to get him past us.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
For pick 43? No thanks.
Off course however we have picks before Sydney in the ND and PSD. He would be risking being picked up by another club or us if he decided to walk.
True, would we actually draft him back though? Why would you re-draft a bloke that clearly didnt want to be there? Dont get me wrong id do it in heartbeat just to piss Sydney & Walsh off :lol: :lol: :lol: Bit like Brisbane should pick up Clark if he nominates for draft!!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
For pick 43? No thanks.
True, would we actually draft him back though? Why would you re-draft a bloke that clearly didnt want to be there? Dont get me wrong id do it in heartbeat just to piss Sydney & Walsh off :lol: :lol: :lol: Bit like Brisbane should pick up Clark if he nominates for draft!!
Dunno. If push comes to shove we'll likely trade him. However we have a good hand to play on this one. I reckon Walsh will stay.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
why waste our early pick on a guy who wants to leave ??? Talk about making a bad situation worse .. If he wants out work out the best trade possible for him .. Imagine if you got a great opportunity else where and your employer would not allow you out of your current contract to persue it ... Would you be happy with them ? Would you give your all for them ? I know I would just walk if put in that situation

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
BTW, I saw "Shintaro" and the Iga Ninjas live at Festival Hall when I was a young tacker :)
So did I! I remember being amazed that they had trampettes in front of the stage and that is how they did all these flying leaps into the air. Went with my dad. What a memory! :D :D

Thanks Dr. Spaceman.

P.S. there was a SS thread on this a couple of years ago
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... 1028d7be1a

Carna Saints!!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
BTW, I saw "Shintaro" and the Iga Ninjas live at Festival Hall when I was a young tacker :)
So did I! I remember being amazed that they had trampettes in front of the stage and that is how they did all these flying leaps into the air. Went with my dad. What a memory! :D :D

Thanks Dr. Spaceman.
I saw them at Festival Hall as well....i was a big Samurai fan..... :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

gurubob101 wrote:All premiership contenders subsequently face salary cap pressure. Our tragedy is that we came up empty handed after having a serious tilt at a flag. Hard choices need to be made... now... and regardless of whether he is 'The Messiah' or a white elephant with a bad hair cut Walsh shows an enormous amount of potential....which is why other clubs are chasing him. The club put an awful lot of effort into getting him over and given the improvement he has made already it is looking like a smart move. It would be a downright disgrace if we allow him to get poached by another club. Forget about being sad to lose Farren Ray, Ryan Gamble or Jason Blake... the club is at a crossroads here. We slide slowly into oblivion for 10 years like Carlton in the late nineties or we clean out and rebuild around our core group over a couple of years. For the love of God Saints! Make room for him in the salary cap and give him a go.
This must be a priority or else I'll be mighty pissed off with the club.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
SteveStevens66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Thanks Dr. Spaceman.
I saw them at Festival Hall as well....i was a big Samurai fan..... :lol:
Now if only we could pick up Tombei the Mist. He'd make an excellent half forward flanker. Very silky

Carna Saints!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

They probably read it on here :lol:

Seriously.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Walsh is an unknown quantity. He might be a future star, he might get a game and show he is completely useless and not be able to touch the ball.

The thing is, we shouldn't throw everything including the kitchen sink at this guy to get him to stay especially if he doesn't want to stay. There must be serious issues with Lynch if we are more than happy to trade him away when he requests it but are not willing to play ball if Walsh wants out.

I'd want him to stay, but if he wants to go for money, lets try for a young player or a high pick. Walsh and the second rounder we got for Lynch for their first round pick?

Swans have shown they will get their man by getting Mumford and Kennedy on the cheap. Other clubs have played us a beauty this year, because of our salary cap issues, they aren't interested in the overpaid players we have, they have raided or are trying to raid our kids that we cant afford to salary match. Smart choice, can't blame them really....

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:If he wants out let him go... He is no good to us if he wants to be somewhere else ... We will try and convince him to stay and if that works great if not let's get the best deal for him ... Who cares if he becomes a star else where if he isn't committed to the saints he will be a nothing player for us ..1000 kids will want to play for our club let's not waste time holding one against his will .. He will only bugger off to Ireland if we force him to stay
That's rot. He is not committed to us because our now ex coach gave him no opportunities, showed no faith or belief in him and probably never spoke to him. So of course if a club and a coach show him a bit of love he will be interested. You can't just expect to him to be committed to our colours. He has no history in afl at all. Its Nothing we can't overcome with a new coach and and a bit of love. We can win him back for sure.
What is it john lennons sings?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 15 Oct 2011 3:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

This isn't looking good, going up for a medical is pretty serious…

I would like to see us make room for him salary-wise somehow - Blake?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
That's rot. He is not committed to us because our now ex coach gave him no opportunities, showed no faith or brlief in him and probably never spoke to him. So of course if a club and a coach show him a bit of love he will be interested. You can't just expect to him to be committed to our colours. He has no history in afl at all. Its Nothing we can't overcome with a new coach and and a bit of love. We can win him back for sure.

What is it john lennons sings?
Goo goo g'joob? :shock:

sainterinsydney
Club Player

It is all speculation at the moment. If Pelchen wants him to stay, he will stay--in my opinion.