Hallelujah

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Well I feel really sorry for the victim and her family if they have to suffer through listening to Saints supports spew out their disgust at the fact that the rape trial isn't being given enough or a certain type of media coverage.
Do you really think that the victim and/or her family would be trawling through the StKilda Football Club fan forum?

…suffer through listening to Saints supports - c'mon?

The only distasteful thing I have read in this thread is probably the title, I hardly think Hallelujah is appropriate, but as others have suggested, maybe you should stop reading it if you are finging it all too distasteful?
Of coarse I don't think the victim or her family trawl through SS however it is possible that they do or maybe that friends or people that know the girl and/or her family. That's irrelevant though as I was merely using it as an example to prick the conscience. I’m sure you got my meaning.

The injustice that we should all be outraged over is not the perceived media bias in this rape trial
What's the injustice then? I'm not going to pre-judge Dayne Beames or for that matter the accused in this matter. What injustice are you referring to?

A girl has made a rape allegation and the courts will decide innocent or guilt. For all we know the injustice could be felt by Beames and that guy Pope. No-one knows what happened. I'll start feeling sorry for the girl once all the evidence is laid out and all the witnesses are examined. If she truly was sexually assaulted then yes, she deserves our full sympathy and the accused and his mates will most likely get their comeuppance. You're talking like you already know what's happened. The rest of us are talking about a rape case and comparing it to the attention the media gave a recent incident which had sexual overtones in which no saint player was even charged and in fact lies were spread about them and reported incessantly in the media, OR a rape case from 7 years in which no-one was even charged and the media attention given to that. They are separate issues.

These well-meaning comments about feeling sorry for the victim. No-one here knows the victim or whether she deserves our sympathy. Similar to KD. Many were disgusted about what occurred to her including experienced media types who should have known better until in fact it turned out she wasn't being truthful. The legal system will almost always give a sexual assault complainant their day in court if they wish. They are given FAR more leniency than most other crimes with respect to being committed to trial. It's just the way the system works. No inference should be drawn by the fact that Pope was committed to trial and Beames and co will be forced to give evidence.

Me? I don't feel sorry for anyone yet. The complainant I certainly would if she had been raped. Just as equally, and for the same reasons I'm disgusted with the comments yelled out at Milne at the footy, I would feel sorry for Beames and McCarthy if it is shown that they did indeed have consensual sex with the young lady and have to be subjected to the label of rapist for the rest of their lives.

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Why is that Collingwood lawyer (Galbally) defending Pope? How can he afford someone like Galbally representing him?? I thought no Collingwood player was meant to be involved in this matter.

This smells fishy.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:Why is that Collingwood lawyer (Galbally) defending Pope? How can he afford someone like Galbally representing him?? I thought no Collingwood player was meant to be involved in this matter.

This smells fishy.
What would be the going rate for someone of David Galbally's standing? $5,000 per day? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Heidelberg_Saint wrote:Why is that Collingwood lawyer (Galbally) defending Pope? How can he afford someone like Galbally representing him?? I thought no Collingwood player was meant to be involved in this matter.

This smells fishy.
What would be the going rate for someone of David Galbally's standing? $5,000 per day? !!
about right i would say......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.