Match Thread - Saints vs Cats Round 23 2024

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Re: Match Thread - Saints vs Cats Round 23 2024

Selwood sucks the life out of the game he is that boring

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
loris
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2024 9:49pm
B.M wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2024 9:46pm Nope

That should’ve happened 10 weeks ago

He was fking flogged in the first quarter

Humphries has 19
Who? /s Use the quote function
Who are we talking about ?

Is BM talking about Wilson? To justify his assertion that Wilson needs a body of games in VFL as a rest and that his opponent had 11 kicks on him in the 1st quarter & 19 kicks in the first half?

If he watches the game, he’ll find Wilson and Geelong’s # 12 are often against each other in the first half - not # 17 - who is Humphries.

Humphries is mostly running off Higgins in the first half!!

In the First quarter Wilson & Humphries competed against each other for a mark. Humphries won the contest in the Saints half forward area - the commentators,mentioned this could be a good contest between the two young stars. However, that doesn’t mean they were pitted against each other. Dont get sucked in by what the commentators want to build up.
A few plays later Wilson is down on the opposite side of the ground down the Geelong forward line - Humphries is not down there. # 12 is with him.

Occasionally you’ll see Humphries #17 picking up Hill when Hill is circling around(getting no where fast) when Hill ventures into the Saints forward half in the first 2 quarters.

Twice in the second quarter Humphries picks up Wilson when he ventures into Saints forward half. Each time it was on different sides of the ground. Obviously Humphries was watching the swap overs with Hill & Wilson coming out of centre to Saints forward half.
So he wasn’t definitely playing on Wilson. #12 was attempting to run with Wilson most of first half, the change over to Humphries#17 only occurred when Wilson was in forward area.

When the 3rd Quarter commences you’ll notice Humphries running off Higgins twice early in that quarter - that’s who his main opponent was, if he minded anyone.

Towards the latter half of the 3 rd Quarter byI think Scott obviously made the move as Wilsonnwas doing too much damage & #12 was not running with Wilson. Humphries was becoming more accountable for Wilson & picking him up when he ventured into the forward half but too late, Wilson had swung the game.

So I think BM’s assertion early in the thread in the first quarter that Wilson’s opponent had 11 kicks on him was wrong, wrong, wrong - that’s if he meant it was Humphries, as he is smart & doesn’t actually name Humphries in his comment.
However he later states at half-time that Humphries has 19 kicks against Wilson. Again wrong, wrong, wrong, as it was mainly #12 that Wilson was opposed to in the first half, not # 17 Humphries throughout the first half.

Maybe this was a case of trying to match up the prediction of ‘Which HB will get most possessions’ and ‘Wilson needs to be rested’ from a few weeks ago??????

As I watched the game my eyes told me Humphries & Wilson weren’t opponents, only occasionally in the first half they contested against each other, when Wilson ventured forward & Humphries was the winner. However, if Humphries was accountable for a Saint - it was Higgins, and a few times Hill when he went forward. So later, I watched the replay closely &it showed my eyes didn’t deceive me.

Wilson definitely didn’t have 11 kicks against him by one player in the first quarter, nor did he have 19 kicks against him by one player by half time. Pure fabrication IMHO

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

As I have said before BM luvs being right
Wilson is a thorn in his side and will struggle to justify his seer like comments about him
Likewise the other self appointed seer regarding coops

Good post Loris

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 11:52pm Selwood sucks the life out of the game he is that boring
Joel is such a dumbcunt too. I think he's had too many head knocks.

I was just watching Talking Footy on 7.

Selwood was trying to bag Brisbane for losing on Saturday afternoon and he actually stumbled and forgot who Brisbane's opponents were. :shock: :lol:

Fkn embarrassing effort :oops: and rubbish 'simplification' of what happened on the weekend. Selwood was trying to blame Brisbane's loss on their MCG record.

Cotchin rightly pointed out the ground had nothing to do with it. It was their structure and set up that stuffed them up. They were 3 goals up with 3 minutes to go.