Saints- Pass or Fail for Trade Period?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

suss
Club Player

Re: Saints- Pass or Fail for Trade Period?

stinger wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:PASS

Not hard for GWS to trade well when they are bulging with young talent. They identified a hole in their list that Petracca could fill and could not get the deal done, now they have 3 more top 10s at a time they need to reduce their list size whilst re sign young guns. Not the ideal scenario for them. Glad we held our nerve in an even draft where there appears no definitive order from picks 6 to 25. I think this years draft will see all clubs trotting out the line, "Very happy with our selections, they were the players we targeted.", and actually mean it.

next year guys...next year

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/adam-t ... 7093960529

"Stars out of contract at the end of 2015 at the Giants include Cameron, Shiel, Treloar, Coniglio, Toby Greene, Tomlinson, Buntine and Will Hoskin-Elliott.

GWS boss Dave Matthews said this week he knew some “wild offers” were coming but believed the Giants would keep their list together.

“We understand there are some wild offers that get made,” Matthews said. “Melbourne clubs have been into our players as we know. We have a talented group, a strong culture, a good coach and we are improving all the time. So it’s a good place to be"
I hope we use next year's preseason draft to poach one of their future stars for nothing. I appreciate why the established clubs avoid doing it because it's a bit below the belt but this AFL owned creation deserves to get pantsed as far as I'm concerned.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Like all clubs its only a "pass" when we see the quality of the recruits and what they have achieved in 5 or 6 seasons time. If Rhys Stanley makes All Australian next season it is a FAIL.

Then again, if that happens I will be doing something vaguely obscene in Myer's Bourke St window!

Saint supporter since '62
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
dragit wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
dragit wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Milera will go home for nothing. Big fail there by the Saints.
How can that be a fail?

There was zero interest.
The fail was trading him in the first place. Wasn't good enough for the AFL
Like 75% of players that are drafted…

I think he was worth a try, clearly has talent & he didn't cost us anything, so I wouldn't call it a big fail.

31 goals in 30 games says he isn't a complete spud.
Was part of pick 25. They should have tried for 1 decent player another Newnes type would have been good.
Don't let facts get in the way....

* St Kilda swapped pick 20 to the Giants in exchange for Saad, Milera and pick 25 (with which they drafted Seb Ross).

* Picks available at 20 =

20 Fremantle Hayden Crozier Fremantle 23
22 Carlton Joshua Bootsma Carlton 14
23 West Coast Murray Newman West Coast 4
24 Gold Coast Henry Schade Gold Coast 0
25 St Kilda Sebastian Ross St Kilda 27

21 Father/Son Sydney Tom Mitchell Sydney 20 = not available to us.

So if we had of kept 20 there was no "Newnes" available apart from Ross that we took at 25 anyway. So there was a big chance if we had of kept 20 that we would have taken Ross anyway!

If Saad had not been busted he probably still would have been playing with us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....