Carlton Game Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlton Game Thread

Kick-it-lace-out wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Kick-it-lace-out wrote:
saintbob wrote:TIME TO END A FEW CAREERS!!!
OK I'll start........

Ray, Gwilt, Siposs

Discuss!
Ray? Do you watch the games?
I did, did you? He wears number 22 just in case you have him confused with someone else.

Seriously? You think he played well?
I thought he was one of our better players. Butchers it often like 95% on our list, but provides a strong body in the contest,and in the air. He's solid, provides more than half of the side does. We start chopping our few solid players we will get the record kicked against us. Our second tier players are terrible, and look what we have at Sandy. Until the next crop come through Ray isn't going anywhere

Bring back the Lockett era
gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Didn't see the game,sounds reading on here a good thing

Anyway how did Shenton go ?

About 10 possessions but looked a bit quiet. The pace for him Siposs and Acres looked like it got a bit on top of them. He looked nervous but didn't turn the ball over, couple of hospital handpasses under pressure though. Worth a few games to see what he could do. Siposs despite the negativity looks like a player at times but just didn't get enough of it. If he had just threaded a couple life would be sweet for him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Kick-it-lace-out wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Kick-it-lace-out wrote:
OK I'll start........

Ray, Gwilt, Siposs

Discuss!
I did, did you? He wears number 22 just in case you have him confused with someone else.

I thought he was one of our better players. Butchers it often like 95% on our list, but provides a strong body in the contest,and in the air. He's solid, provides more than half of the side does. We start chopping our few solid players we will get the record kicked against us. Our second tier players are terrible, and look what we have at Sandy. Until the next crop come through Ray isn't going anywhere
He started well and stood up when not many others were. He was okay I thought.

bergsone
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
bergsone wrote:Didn't see the game,sounds reading on here a good thing

Anyway how did Shenton go ?

About 10 possessions but looked a bit quiet. The pace for him Siposs and Acres looked like it got a bit on top of them. He looked nervous but didn't turn the ball over, couple of hospital handpasses under pressure though. Worth a few games to see what he could do. Siposs despite the negativity looks like a player at times but just didn't get enough of it. If he had just threaded a couple life would be sweet for him.
Thanks mate,glad to hear he didn't have a shocker.He deserves his shot at it,good to hear he is worth a few more games :wink:

Freebird
Club Player

Just love the way we create easy goals..everyone wants to be involved!

spert
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Kick-it-lace-out wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Kick-it-lace-out wrote:
OK I'll start........

Ray, Gwilt, Siposs

Discuss!

Thought Ray was pretty inconsistent tonight and his work rate dropped away in the last quarter- let his man run off him far too easy. A pretty average effort from many of our senior brigade, same as last week and the week before..need to work harder off the ball- it just got out of our forward line far too easy with no midfield pressure up field.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Joey turned it over 10 ten times. That's half his disposals going to the opposition. When we had the ball on the wing or 65 out he took up the space that forwards normally lead into. Might as well have sat on the bench all night - he would've been more effective

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Joey turned it over 10 ten times. That's half his disposals going to the opposition. When we had the ball on the wing or 65 out he took up the space that forwards normally lead into. Might as well have sat on the bench all night - he would've been more effective
Seriously what was Joey up to?
Everytime he got it he just booted it high in the air - even when under no pressure. Shocking disposal.
Disappointing for a bloke on massive coin.