Beau Maister

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Beau Maister

For as long as we rely on the likes of Maister and Stanley, judged on their current form, we aren't going far. Whenever we win flag #2 these 2 great players won't be in that team.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Playon
Club Player

Who needs opposition supporters hanging sh*t on us when we have our own supporters doing such a good job.
Even after the bronx cheer he was still out there enjoying his game, you can tell by the smile on his face.
Good on him.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:maister is struggling atm ..full stop....the rest of the comments mean very little.

he improves in the next 2 games or he is dropped.
Well said, Mrs Dennis-Lane.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
maverick
Saintsational Legend

I think the most frustrating thing of all he gets himself into some bloody good positions but coughs up the simplest of marks, could barely one grab a handball I reckon.
He has to play at the moment with Chips out and Lee not ready, but if he keeps turning it over and getting in Rhys's way like he did in the last quarter, we might be better off with Longer…..

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Just saw some of the highlights on the afl website.

That running goal from the 'Book of Eli' was shepherded through by.....the Maister!
And?

I go to work and hold the lift door opens.

Stiff.
Really? Are you holding back 100+ kilos of opposition player while you do it? Are you risking serious injury? Are you cheered by thousands? Do you spread joy amongst many faithful supporters every time you take on this challenging task? Great effort.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Until we can get a strong bodied forward who can crash a pack like Kosi, and take marks like Loewe,
we have to make do with
- a strong bodied forward who crashes packs
- cannot mark the ball

Will draft one in the next 3 years, until then, we have a gumby to take some defenders away from the Captain.
No choice.
Who else do we have? nobody. Zilch. Nada

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote:Until we can get a strong bodied forward who can crash a pack like Kosi, and take marks like Loewe,
we have to make do with
- a strong bodied forward who crashes packs
- cannot mark the ball

Will draft one in the next 3 years, until then, we have a gumby to take some defenders away from the Captain.
No choice.
Who else do we have? nobody. Zilch. Nada
Then let's get this Zilch Nada bloke into the team and see what he can do!

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hope he kicks a bag back home to shut up some of our own idiot supporters.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Robert Eddy played in 2 or 3 GFs and in his only role was to 'fill space'.
The Maister does a little more than that. He at least 'creates space' which is one step above 'filling it'.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Just saw some of the highlights on the afl website.

That running goal from the 'Book of Eli' was shepherded through by.....the Maister!
And?

I go to work and hold the lift door opens.

Stiff.
Really? Are you holding back 100+ kilos of opposition player while you do it? Are you risking serious injury? Are you cheered by thousands? Do you spread joy amongst many faithful supporters every time you take on this challenging task? Great effort.
Don't keel over Pete.

I actually like the Beaumeister and love what he's done with us so far.

For the record, while I don't bronx cheer, I did get a bit frustrated after the third dropped mark..and probably said something.

Sue me. It happens.

Supporters get frustrated, especially in the heat of the game...and it's typical crowd behaviour.

That reminds me of a joke:

Why has Beau Meister got a bad reputation with women?

A: He drops girlfriends all the time.

:mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Hope he kicks a bag back home to shut up some of our own idiot supporters.
this idiot supporter would be as pleased as punch...or any other true supporter....if beau kicks a bag.....hasn't happened yet though.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

He'll kick a bag ...a bag of groceries by accident that he left on his kitchen floor.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

knocking the wind out of roo was the last straw for me....... :evil:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Robert Eddy played in 2 or 3 GFs and in his only role was to 'fill space'.
Possibly the dumbest thing ever written by you.

Considering I know exactly what Robert Eddy's instructions were in those Grand Finals, you are so far off the mark it is laughable.

But you are prone to embarrassing yourself with ignorant statements like the above.

Really hilarious is the above statement.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

can't for the life of me see how or why maister seems to have gotten away scott free for his once more inept game on saturday night......

loris
Saintsational Legend

In Saturday's "Football Record" there is an action photo of Beau holding the ball as he is about to kick the footy. If any of you have a copy of the Footy Record. Have a look at Beau's right hand (as facing you in the photo).

Check out the knuckle on his little finger. It appears disjointed, and makes the finger appear claw like. I wouldn't be surprised if that finger isn't fixed, ie he can't bend or move it. This would indeed hamper him in marking the ball IMHO.

Nevertheless, it doesn't explain why he drops chest marks, does it??????

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:In Saturday's "Football Record" there is an action photo of Beau holding the ball as he is about to kick the footy. If any of you have a copy of the Footy Record. Have a look at Beau's right hand (as facing you in the photo).

Check out the knuckle on his little finger. It appears disjointed, and makes the finger appear claw like. I wouldn't be surprised if that finger isn't fixed, ie he can't bend or move it. This would indeed hamper him in marking the ball IMHO.

He has a rubber chest

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
loris wrote:In Saturday's "Football Record" there is an action photo of Beau holding the ball as he is about to kick the footy. If any of you have a copy of the Footy Record. Have a look at Beau's right hand (as facing you in the photo).

He has a rubber chest
Sounds plausible.

Just dont Bronx cheer him.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

it's a wonder he hasn't broken all his fingers he's so much of a stumble bum....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Robert Eddy played in 2 or 3 GFs and in his only role was to 'fill space'.

Considering I know exactly what Robert Eddy's instructions were in those Grand Finals, you are so far off the mark it is laughable.

But you are prone to embarrassing yourself with ignorant statements like the above.

Interestingly Robert Eddy played 33 games for us 9 of which were finals.
Jarryn Geary started the same year and has played 94 games of which 1 was a final, a year after Eddy was dumped.
Who do you think has contributed more to St Kilda, and why did Ross hate Geary, or what did Eddy have on Ross?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Maybe it's because Ross identified what an ordinary player Geary was. He hasn't improved much since, even if he is in the leadership group. He's certainly not in there for his skill level or decision making.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Maybe it's because Ross identified what an ordinary player Geary was. He hasn't improved much since, even if he is in the leadership group. He's certainly not in there for his skill level or decision making.
And Eddy was?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The Maister does a little more than that. He at least 'creates space' which is one step above 'filling it'.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

hahaha - yeah. Classic. Love all this "Lyon had a secret plan that only a select few on the inner sanctum truly understand'.
What effing HOGWASH!
The fact is he just he wasnt a very good player or actually touching the ball. Courageous and tough as all get up and seems like a top bloke - but dont try and spin me the 'secret plan' nonsense.
Hes only 26 - why is the 'top secret role' that only a few understand not still being deployed today? Oh thats right - cos its crap and doesn't exist.

Seriously - your hilarious for perpetuating this nonsense. I dont give a flying toss what you think you 'personally know' cos its obviously crap.

id sure like to ask RL about this myself - cos its bloody obvious hes learnt your bottom 6 matter and can kill you as our did back in those 2 GFs. Spare me the 'top secret plan' crap.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

JB - Sorry I just re-read your post and mine - and i was off the mark with my rant - i apologise.

BUT
I wasnt actually saying that 'space filling' was really his role!
I am on record way back then saying that whole notion was a nonsense invented on SS.

I was making a light hearted giggle about how we sometimes explain away someones 'role' when they are aren't getting much of the ball.
It was a joke and I was using the silliness of 'space filling' as a reference.
You will find - i never actually believed thats what he was meant to do - and I always ridiculed people who suggested it!

So you were dead wrong in interpreting what i said too.
we both went off half cocked thats for sure.