Giants move ON Sam Fisher

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Re: Giants move ON Sam Fisher

Teflon wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Kickit wrote: That was his 2013, so I'm not doing cartwheels at the thought of him, and wonder if those 3 cm make him significantly better than Tom Simpkin.

I think we would all take an extra 3cm if it was on offer........ :wink: :lol:
Not needed...

By this I presume it doesn't get used regardless?

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Kickit
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
Kickit wrote: That was his 2013, so I'm not doing cartwheels at the thought of him, and wonder if those 3 cm make him significantly better than Tom Simpkin.

I think we would all take an extra 3cm if it was on offer........ :wink: :lol:
I'm more of a giver than a taker, and surely there is a point where enough is enough.

lefty
Club Player

Really... myers? What's so good about Myers? If he wants out, then we should be in the stronger position.

Why loose Dal over myers? Seriously pointless...

Meh, I think people get too carried away with getting high number draft picks thinking they're the solution to all our problems... Geelong have a team full of veterans still playing fine ala Chapman, Kelly, Bartell, Enright yada yada goes on, Pods..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Really... myers? What's so good about Myers? If he wants out, then we should be in the stronger position.

Why loose Dal over myers? Seriously pointless...

Meh, I think people get too carried away with getting high number draft picks thinking they're the solution to all our problems... Geelong have a team full of veterans still playing fine ala Chapman, Kelly, Bartell, Enright yada yada goes on, Pods..
Bearing in mind we had 15 veterans in 2013 and still finished 16th....

What's your plan ?

I'm all ears.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Draft some decent players, Develop decent players, trade for some decent players.....

Hopefully we'll have a decent team?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
If you read the reports we have offered both Delaney & Bruce 3 year deals. I don't think Delaney's that bad, it's just North have so many KPD's ie Scott Thompson, Nathan Grima, Michael Ferrito etc.

Delaney is a genuine, stay at home full back.

Can anyone clarify which Delaney we're interested in? Looking at North's list there are two Delaneys. They're both 194 cm, both from Geelong Falcons and both key defenders. Luke Delaney (#15) is listed at 97kg and Cameron Delaney (#31) at 91 kg.
Which guy is it we're interested in?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: The guy we are trying to replace at fullback is Zac Dawson, as I recall he didn't come with too many recommendations either. Seemed to do a pretty good job as I recall. The fact is that players don't get a run for many reasons. We don't need every position to be filled with a superstar, we just need someone that can do the role required, to the necessary standard, and contribute to the TEAM structure. If we can have a guy that can compete with the likes of Tippett , Cloke and Hawkins, and dold them to say, three goals, that is in front of where we are at now. THe knock on effect is that it releases the likes of Gilbert, Gwilt, Dempster and Roberton to do what they do best, which is intercept marking and initiating our transition movements from the backline.

Good point TB. Need a guy who can compete with the gorillas. If we find someone who can do that it will change the back half a lot.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Can anyone clarify which Delaney we're interested in? Looking at North's list there are two Delaneys. They're both 194 cm, both from Geelong Falcons and both key defenders. Luke Delaney (#15) is listed at 97kg and Cameron Delaney (#31) at 91 kg.
Is this them??

ImageImage

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Kickit
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
st.byron wrote: Can anyone clarify which Delaney we're interested in? Looking at North's list there are two Delaneys. They're both 194 cm, both from Geelong Falcons and both key defenders. Luke Delaney (#15) is listed at 97kg and Cameron Delaney (#31) at 91 kg.
Is this them??

ImageImage
Strop did very well for himself.
But we're looking at Luke.
( Delvene in her heyday would have done a good job of distracting a full forward ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeHCq6fFkNo