Brendon Goddard you star

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brendon Goddard you star

BigMart wrote:Satchmo... Most of that didn't even make sense, rambling really...

Mr Magic

Good to hear from you again, right now the club needs all the apologist supporters it can get. You and your old buddy can gang up on me as much as you like and take enjoyment out of abusing me... It'll make you feel good about the suffering we are about to go through?!

Remember back years ago champ when I stuck my neck out and said Justin was not AFL material and you attacked me mercilessly.... You were adamant I had no right to make an early judgement..... Of course now it hindsight

Then of course the Ball and Cousins fiasco.... Pretty sure I made my calls at the time?

I suppose my due diligence wrt to character is about as consistent as the clubs..... But you are correct, I don't have a full time job and a 5 figure salary to research.... Even with that, the clubs recruiting has been shameful and embarrasing for those
SW has constantly alluded to it...

But another Difference is, I'm not really interested in character too much .... Many great players aren't good characters (draw the line at women bashers) but I'm more interested in attitude towards footy....

Cousins was a perfectionist with preparation which was why he was a superstar, wasn't by accident. His recruitment is just a risk (not really) but one willing to take
Darling from all reports is a training animal, a beast, a freak power athlete

Lovett was a lazy underachiever.....

Justin couldn't even get his head around AFL training schedules an workload... Not his fault, he was not even looking at an afl career........There were a dozen players drafted after his #71 selection, including premiership players and future stars...

Why do you lie? Is it to impress others on here or to somehow convince yourself you are right. Sweeney was the last pick in the national draft. Last not one other player taken. Last as in no one else behind him. And can you explain the training schedules he couldnt get his head around. Funny hoe character doesnt matter unless it is to help you argument against a player. And sticking your neck out to say the last pick in the draft wont make it. Wow no wonder they call you giraffe.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

BM,

In Ball's last few seasons at the Saints he was a slug on the training track....He generally took the easy option, with stuff like: "I've had enough on the track I'm gonna hit the bike for the rest of the session." His team mates (Lenny, Roo especially) grew tired of his ways, and obviously so did Ross....Became hard on him to try and toughen the princess up. I heard that first hand from a VG source. I wouldn't slag Ball if I wasn't 100%

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:BM,

In Ball's last few seasons at the Saints he was a slug on the training track....He generally took the easy option, with stuff like: "I've had enough on the track I'm gonna hit the bike for the rest of the session." His team mates (Lenny, Roo especially) grew tired of his ways, and obviously so did Ross....Became hard on him to try and toughen the princess up. I heard that first hand from a VG source. I wouldn't slag Ball if I wasn't 100%
Hey, hey, hey.... Woah nelly.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE BIGMART'S MIND - NOTHING!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

50 players went onto AFL lists after the ND

Seriously I'd love to ignore you, but it's difficult to not point out stupidity.

Look up where
Jason Porplyzia, Matt Priddis, Stephen Gilham, Paul Duffield, Matt White, Heath Hocking, Alan Toovey

If you have time?

Every pick in the draft is important and should be considered....
Arryn Siposs was Pick 75 ???

BTW

How did Cockie play Sunday?

He got listed in the best again, was he mentioned by Gary?

On Gary, pretty impressive man, don't you think?! I rate him highly

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Old Mate wrote:BM,

Hey, hey, hey.... Woah nelly.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE BIGMART'S MIND - NOTHING!!!
BM is alright by me. A passionate Saints man. I've previously told him via PM how I would know such info. He should believe what I've said above....But it doesn't mean Lukey Ball is or was a shite bloke just that he lost quite a bit of respect in his last few years as a Sainter....And Ross Lyon was highly and I'm pretty sure still is highly admired by the senior players. I'm not sure if they are over it now but at the time there were a few senior players quite pissed off and blame the board for Lyon departing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:50 players went onto AFL lists after the ND

Seriously I'd love to ignore you, but it's difficult to not point out stupidity.

Look up where
Jason Porplyzia, Matt Priddis, Stephen Gilham, Paul Duffield, Matt White, Heath Hocking, Alan Toovey

If you have time?

Every pick in the draft is important and should be considered....
Arryn Siposs was Pick 75 ???

BTW

How did Cockie play Sunday?

He got listed in the best again, was he mentioned by Gary?

On Gary, pretty impressive man, don't you think?! I rate him highly

So now we are talking rookie draft. And to think you said only a dozen players and didnt even mention you were talking the rookie draft. If you meant the rookie draft you would have said at least 50 players and mentioned that draft. Stop lying to yourself. How was lenny in 2001 and 2002. Another lie.

As for Cockie he was good early and then fair after quarter time. No idea why you care. he isnt a saints player. Have no idea about Gary? I suppose you mean ayres and if you do wouldnt have a clue. Never heard him speak apart from on TV and radio. He may or may not be an impressive man but if you think he is then I am now doubting that.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Rookie draft comes after the ND yeah?? And Pre Season Draft

Therefore am I correct in saying any rookie selection would have been available in the ND?? Hoping to be in the ND?

On Gary
I thought you were assistant coach to him on Sunday?? Must have mis interpreted

And yes
A former AFL coach of ten years, VFL coach for 7 years... AFL captain would be unimpressive because I believe he is impressive

That old man, is why your continual debates with me carry no weight.... Play the man and not the ball...
You can't agree with me regardless of my position, which makes your opinion worthless....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Rookie draft comes after the ND yeah?? And Pre Season Draft

Therefore am I correct in saying any rookie selection would have been available in the ND?? Hoping to be in the ND?

On Gary
I thought you were assistant coach to him on Sunday?? Must have mis interpreted

And yes
A former AFL coach of ten years, VFL coach for 7 years... AFL captain would be unimpressive because I believe he is impressive

That old man, is why your continual debates with me carry no weight.... Play the man and not the ball...
You can't agree with me regardless of my position, which makes your opinion worthless....

You are hilarious. You tell the whole world you will not waste your time posting after i post but cant help yourself. And now you say that I play the man but you say some crap about me being assistant coach on Sunday. Of course that isnt playing the man. mate you are no good at this. At least with footy you have some idea. Not a lot because you tend to lie but when you dont you have some idea if you arent bagging the club.

And why did you say 12 players if you meant the rookie draft. Because you didnt.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

How long did your self imposed exile from ludicrous arguments last? Less than a week?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Satchmo... Most of that didn't even make sense, rambling really...
Yes, I felt it was appropriate.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I actually did say I'd give it a rest for a while? Which I did, and found it enjoyable just reading his garbage without buying into it...

I will soon go back into hibernation now (wrt to P66), but he made it so easy tonight, his posts were dumb, childish, lacking in substance and I enjoyed pointing it out.

Lenny Hayes in 2002, haha

His comments on the Draft... Stupid

Just nonsensical

On Bally.... He did alright coming top 5 in two Copelands in his first year at Collingwood. If Ball is lazy and soft, I'd be very surprised.... He has limitations due to playing 12 months playing with rooted groins and a tore of the bone Hammy....
But the lack of player management was evident after 6 mths at Collingwood... He became a very good player again!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I actually did say I'd give it a rest for a while? Which I did, and found it enjoyable just reading his garbage without buying into it...

I will soon go back into hibernation now (wrt to P66), but he made it so easy tonight, his posts were dumb, childish, lacking in substance and I enjoyed pointing it out.

Lenny Hayes in 2002, haha

His comments on the Draft... Stupid

Just nonsensical

On Bally.... He did alright coming top 5 in two Copelands in his first year at Collingwood. If Ball is lazy and soft, I'd be very surprised.... He has limitations due to playing 12 months playing with rooted groins and a tore of the bone Hammy....
But the lack of player management was evident after 6 mths at Collingwood... He became a very good player again!

Are you Jim Carrey?

Greg T
Club Player

Refreshing to see Bjs other side ,as much as a lot of saint fans don't .
Nearly as bad as plugger going,although nothing is as bad as that.
Usual story at the club not enough cookies in the jar again....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Mr Magic

Good to hear from you again, right now the club needs all the apologist supporters it can get. You and your old buddy can gang up on me as much as you like and take enjoyment out of abusing me... It'll make you feel good about the suffering we are about to go through?!

Remember back years ago champ when I stuck my neck out and said Justin was not AFL material and you attacked me mercilessly.... You were adamant I had no right to make an early judgement..... Of course now it hindsight..
2 things BIgMouth
I wasn't even a reader of saintsational when you apparently made your prognosis on Sweeney so I'm not sure what fantasy you've concocted about me having 'attacked you mercilessly'?????
I think you are confused. The player I picked you up on, during a Sandringham game, was Nick Heyne.

And secondly, being called an 'apologist supporter' by you is meaningless.
I'm not one of your sycophantic Kool-Aid swilling followers.
I believe I fit more into the Sipposs camp and that's without ever having had the misfortune of my son being coached by you.
Just reading the drivel you put out as 'considered opinion from a self confessed expert' is enough to tell me all I need to know about your 'expertise'.

Just another wannabee that never made it and gets his jollies by telling everybody, ad nauseum, how things should be done.
Maybe if you'd actually achieved something (anything?) at this level I (and apparently many others on here) might take your blatherings seriously.

This is a forum where posters are supposed to be able to put their pov without being lectured/hectored by pretenders like you.

I purposely stayed away from responding to your posts for the past 6 months because I felt the forum didn't need/want me to participate in perpetual slanging matches with you.
Unfortunately I was wrong in my thinking that it would benefit the forum as the only thing it achieved was to embolden you to post more of your crap.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I purposely stayed away from responding to your posts for the past 6 months because I felt the forum didn't need/want me to participate in perpetual slanging matches with you.
Not true MM, carry on.