Sam Fisher off field issues?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam Fisher off field issues?

SainterK wrote:Goodness she is out of control right now...

Even if there is any truth to the stuff she is writing, I can't believe she dares.

Fisher has denied it, well why did she report it?

Made a grave error taking on the Pies this evening...they will come back swinging

1 - If St Kilda have asked him, that's enough for Caro to be able to print it.

2 - Pert was on the radio today saying drugs were an issue. I bet Bucks probably agrees with her.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Even if there is any truth to the stuff she is writing, I can't believe she dares.

Made a grave error taking on the Pies this evening...they will come back swinging

2 - Pert was on the radio today saying drugs were an issue. I bet Bucks probably agrees with her.
1. If

2. Why did she use the term 'unofficially asked'

3. Of course, but she has said 'magpies have a drug problem' and has smeared the entire playing list with that comment

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Wow. Very interesting.

Chances of it being true?
Pretty good I'd say, but who cares? Footballers are members of society and behave as most of society do.
I've never partaken of these substances, however it seems to be the norm these days.

Personally I can't understand why these blokes need to be so stupid. They have everything and prefer to behave like rock stars. Maybe that says it all. These blokes have never seen the real world, they play footy and never have to work a day in their life.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:

1. If

2. Why did she use the term 'unofficially asked'

3. Of course, but she has said 'magpies have a drug problem' and has smeared the entire playing list with that comment

I wasn't being condescending by using numbers, just tried to address two different points, so unsure why I so easily hit a nerve...

Anyways. I can't find where Caro says the 'magpies have a drug problem' in that article...

And to your other point, Im not sure what 'unofficially asked' means, but it sounds like he was asked about drugs, unofficially.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You haven't hit a nerve, I was just replying...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:Wow. Very interesting.

Chances of it being true?
Pretty good I'd say, but who cares? Footballers are members of society and behave as most of society do.
I've never partaken of these substances, however it seems to be the norm these days.

Personally I can't understand why these blokes need to be so stupid. They have everything and prefer to behave like rock stars. Maybe that says it all. These blokes have never seen the real world, they play footy and never have to work a day in their life.

Oh yeah, its prevalent within society. Very much so.

What's disappointing is that they get paid as elite athletes. Nothing elite about that.

I'm happy the playing group is aware and upset about it by all reports.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Wake up K, our blokes are the same as the rest of the genY population and use so called recreational drugs whenever they can get away with it. I don't like it , but it's a fact of life, sad as it may be.

Personally my drug of choice is alcohol and I try to use it in moderation, and I don't drive after a few vinos.

AFL footballers are much more likely to use drugs, they have plenty of money, very few outlets these days and a very stressful environment.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Wake up K, our blokes are the same as the rest of the genY population and use so called recreational drugs whenever they can get away with it. I don't like it , but it's a fact of life, sad as it may be.

Personally my drug of choice is alcohol and I try to use it in moderation, and I don't drive after a few vinos.

AFL footballers are much more likely to use drugs, they have plenty of money, very few outlets these days and a very stressful environment.
A couple of pills and a bottle of water is far less fattening than 20 pots, for an elite athlete.

Bernard Shakey wrote:Wake up K, our blokes are the same as the rest of the genY population and use so called recreational drugs whenever they can get away with it. I don't like it , but it's a fact of life, sad as it may be.

I've said already in this thread that I wouldn't be surprised if there is truth to it, and wondered why people were quick to defend our club here.

I am still allowed to question her incredibly poor articles lately, her non commital vague language used to write them, statements like 'if half of what I've heard is true' as basis for much of it....

So she is going to call for the Pies to sack Dane Swan, I think it crosses a line personally....she is a football writer, not a judge and jury.

As far as my personal opinions on these issues. Judging another...from my perspective is a dangerous past time. I just hope people get through their issues relatively unscathed, and just want the best for people. Who knows the full extent of the who's why's and how's....I certainly don't. If people are struggling with this stuff, I hope they can get out without much hurt to themselves and loved ones.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

She is basically a gossip columnist now.

She's not reported fact, and hasn't for some time.

Reality is though, the AFL is an entertainment business and these days, most find facts pretty boring. So opinion, rumour, scuttlebutt and gossip are given more weight.

Wilson may be, and probably is, accurate in most of her gossip. She has plenty of sources.

For mine though, the only thing remotely interesting about the AFL is the footy. And gossip columns, no matter how accurate they are, have nothing to do with footy.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

It's been rife for over a decade. Vegas has been the new hot spot the last 3-4 years. They don't go there to gamble $$,s...

It would be an eye opener for many on here....

Bring back the Lockett era
stinger
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Wow Wee BT ! Whether he has or hasn't he will now be looked at differently by the footy public. Amazed that was written.
those comments are defamatory and he needs to see a good lawyer....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:It's been rife for over a decade. Vegas has been the new hot spot the last 3-4 years. They don't go there to gamble $$,s...

It would be an eye opener for many on here....

young people taking drugs - who would have thunk it :)

Not like this is new or something.

I attended an after team function in the early 80's where members of the flag winning team were so stoned that they could hardly get up on stage. This was a senior team but not in the VFL.

Watch the show Puberty Blues (co-incidently Caroline Wilsons exact age group) and while it is Sydney surf culture, drug use was rife through all levels of teenage groups in the 70's.

While Caro tut tutts and finger wags, I wonder how she would go if her past as a teenager and young woman was examined. How judgemental would she remain?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Told ya she may of gone the wrong club this time....

Nathan Buckley ‏@ncb_cfc
Still waiting for your call Caroline...not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwoods behalf.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:She is basically a gossip columnist now.

She's not reported fact, and hasn't for some time.

Reality is though, the AFL is an entertainment business and these days, most find facts pretty boring. So opinion, rumour, scuttlebutt and gossip are given more weight.

Wilson may be, and probably is, accurate in most of her gossip. She has plenty of sources.

For mine though, the only thing remotely interesting about the AFL is the footy. And gossip columns, no matter how accurate they are, have nothing to do with footy.
Welcome back and a big +1

I got scolded for being niave, but I'm really not....I just wasn't able to articulate it as well as this.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Caroline Wilson is now saying that Dane Swan should be sacked because he has a drug problem and is a bad influence around Collingwood. Front page news on The Age website.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
70s sainter
Club Player

Afl players are no different to any other people in their teens and twenty s . If it surprises you that any of your workmates , neighbours , nieces , nephews, the kids down at the local cricket club etc have taken pills or powder to have fun then your pretty nieve.
As they get into their 30s and 40s and mature this drops off and prob 98% stop all together.
I don't know why afl players are singled out to be honest.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:Afl players are no different to any other people in their teens and twenty s . If it surprises you that any of your workmates , neighbours , nieces , nephews, the kids down at the local cricket club etc have taken pills or powder to have fun then your pretty nieve.
As they get into their 30s and 40s and mature this drops off and prob 98% stop all together.
I don't know why afl players are singled out to be honest.
Good post, I think the biggest fear for some is the fact that you can still be an elite sportsperson and live a 'normal' life while using recreational drugs… There will always be the 'Ben Cousins' of the world, doesn't mean that everyone who tries drugs becomes a junkie.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

:idea:
SainterK wrote:Told ya she may of gone the wrong club this time....

Nathan Buckley ‏@ncb_cfc
Still waiting for your call Caroline...not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwoods behalf.
No doubt Eddie has been in Buck's ear (and prob other places :lol:) and they are trying to bully Caro into submission.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

If Fisher is completely inncoent of any of these allegations, then WHY hasn't he fronted the media - instead of hiding behind his team mates like a 'dingo'.

He may be a great player but he isn't the sharpest going around and to be honest I tend to believe what has been reported. I see how readily drugs are in the 'night club' scene most days and the affects they have on people. I am not that ignorant to believe that AFL players aren't drawn to this also !

Lets hope the club is transparent with this issue and supports the off season drug testing regime.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
70s sainter
Club Player

Lets hope the club is transparent with this issue and supports the off season drug testing regime.[/quote]

I reckon off season drug testing would just see a number of players go missing overseas for six weeks and maybe never come back.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

every summer we have to put up with Wilson's attacks on somebody. is it doing anyone any service?
after the KD saga, Wilson has no credibility.
she wouldn't know a journos notepad and pencil if it came up and tugged at her unruly minge hairs.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
gringo
Saintsational Legend

As I stated earlier Caro is in danger of becoming the gossip columnist for the AFL. A lot of what she writes seems to be no different to the crazy New Idea articles where they grab unflattering pictures of b grade celebrities and attach the gossip that does the rounds. If they have a problem the AFL should address it as quickly as possible because it's an insidious substance. Like the Hawks stolen drug file fiasco this should be kept in house and the welfare of players considered. It's only adding to the normalisation and the everybody takes it myth. AFL footy players are not just role models, there behaviour is aspired to and it sends the wrong message to kids.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

The players association needs to support drug tests for off season for those already recorded with a strike. After all isnt the idea to help them.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

what an absolute hag

Posting 20 years of holey crap!