Gardi !!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BonoRocks
Club Player

degruch wrote:
gringo wrote:Sydney are a clearance machine, they win a lot of ball from stoppages. They would be better than Carlton by a fair bit. We need to negate that and that is why Gardi will probably line up on Mumford, if he can negate one area of their dominance it is worth it. Gardi is a genuine ruckman that will contest -even if not winning a direct tap down to advantage. It is still Macs biggest weakness- great around the ground average at the hitouts.
Spot on Gringo. I'd be very surprised if Gardi wasn't named this week against the Swans. Who will make way for Armo though?
blake needs to go out for a runner.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks wrote:
degruch wrote:
gringo wrote:Sydney are a clearance machine, they win a lot of ball from stoppages. They would be better than Carlton by a fair bit. We need to negate that and that is why Gardi will probably line up on Mumford, if he can negate one area of their dominance it is worth it. Gardi is a genuine ruckman that will contest -even if not winning a direct tap down to advantage. It is still Macs biggest weakness- great around the ground average at the hitouts.
Spot on Gringo. I'd be very surprised if Gardi wasn't named this week against the Swans. Who will make way for Armo though?
Blake to Goodes.

BonoRocks
Club Player

degruch wrote:
BonoRocks wrote:
degruch wrote:
Blake to Goodes.
to many tall backs id happily lose zack but that wont happen, on has to go and he went with fisher last time on goodes..

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks wrote:
degruch wrote:
BonoRocks wrote:
degruch wrote:
Blake to Goodes.
to many tall backs id happily lose zack but that wont happen, on has to go and he went with fisher last time on goodes..
I'd pick on Zac...I usually don't, but thought we went OK without him last time. Fisher was a waste on Goodes, we missed his creativity and run in the negating role, whilst Goodes was almost BOG. Blake's done a reasonable job on him in the past (Jimmy's the best, but...), would like to see him start.

BonoRocks
Club Player

degruch wrote:
BonoRocks wrote:
degruch wrote:
BonoRocks wrote:
degruch wrote:
Blake to Goodes.
I'd pick on Zac...I usually don't, but thought we went OK without him last time. Fisher was a waste on Goodes, we missed his creativity and run in the negating role, whilst Goodes was almost BOG. Blake's done a reasonable job on him in the past (Jimmy's the best, but...), would like to see him start.
i do agree, id gladly lose zach but i cant see that happening and they need to lose a tall defender.. Im ok with playing both ruckmen, but go to get the rest of it right... Have to stop mummford and I thought Gardi was good the other night in the ruck...

Rosco
Club Player

dempster is only 2/3 cm shorter than goodes - is he a chance? maybe with a switch if/when goodes goes forward?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
You would be worried if you were Geary, he has been good but he seems unlucky come finals time. Armo will be a handy clearance player so will probably oust another small. My guess is that he might start Mac as the sub and bring him in if Gardy goes down.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

This is seriously the toughest selection dilemma we've had all year. Picking Gardiner on the weekend has really thrown a spanner in the works. I suspect Ross will again go in tall. The Swans aren't the quickest team and like us play quite tall. IMO Gardiner safe, Mac not completely. Armo would be nervous, as would Geary and even Ray (starting as sub - is he on the outer?) Gram and Blake perhaps although Ross likes experience especially in finals. Who knows....?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Polo will get a week, making way for armo…

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Polo will get a week, making way for armo…
I doubt he will get a week however he still may make way for Armo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Polo will get a week, making way for armo…
He will not get a week because the MRP will be laughing to much. No hope of being suspended.