No deal with Magpies over Ball, says Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Statsman
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Huh, this week keeps getting weirder...

The introduction of a player such as Fraser to trade discussions may advance Collingwood's prospects of being able to do a deal to secure St Kilda midfielder Luke Ball.
I don't think they're saying Fraser for Ball straight up, if that's what you're thinking. It would be a case of the Filth trading Fraser for something/somebody to on-trade to the Saints for Ball.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

awwwwww not Fraser

most useless player in the league

The epitomie (sic?) of what's wrong with collingwood

don't want to open a can or worms but GT got that right

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

OMIGOD NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Not Fraser!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Fraser no...

We don't need a tall forward. I'd rather Blake go back into the ruck than have fraser. Benny Mac, King, Gards got the ruck covered.

I can't see a deal being struck between collingwood/saints. A 3rd club will be involved if a deal is done.

Carpe Diem
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Leaving and getting game time is an easier thing to do.

May not be easy for him right now, since he really IS walking out on his mates, but when he's playing first string in a lesser midfield it will most definitely be easier.

Sure, leaving an employer for another one, for different, better conditions and terms is everyone's right of course. Heck, I would walk in a heartbeat from my delightful career as a cabbage farmer. :P

I don't hate anyone. Life is too short.

I am very disappointed that Luke would choose to walk instead of putting his head down and giving his all to make it in this side. Three years is a lot of security in this game, especially when you take a long hard look at his past three years.

Idealistic? Naive? I don't think so. If he does get a trade, and I hope he does, all the best to him. I would prefer he stay and give it a go at the Saints though.

I mean look at Andrew McQualter ffs.

Perhaps Luke just cannot adapt to Lyon maybe? Who knows.

He wont be staying though. No way he can stay now. It does not really feel like an amicable separation for some reason.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The guys has no knees left. We already have 3 injury prone ruckmen. What are they going to do, rotate them week by week?

Another opportunity awaits!
lenny81

Just seem to remember a promise the boys made to each other a while back to win a flag for the saints. Just can't imagine the St.kilda boys are happy with Luke at the moment. I belive so many people are passionate about this is because given the same situation most of us would not think twice about sighning at a club with all our mates, who have a genuine primership chance, great coach, great fitness staff (which he needs) and very forgiving supporters (which frusterates me at times).

Also I would take some confidence in being STARTED IN THE CENTRE ON GRAND FINAL DAY, and the fact i was offerd a THREE YEAR DEAL not a one or two year a THREE YEAR. Goodness me.

Look to be honest Luke has more to gain from St.kilda than we do from him and if we get a quality player for him our flag chances will increase I truly belive that. I suppose like I posted previously would you rather be a big fish in a small pond (collingwood) or a big fish in a big pond (the saints). What do you think guys??

Unfortunately on any big mission there has to be some losses and Luke Ball you are the first to go. I hope the Lexus Centre treats you nicely but once your a Pie its over, you were never a saint.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So who would need a Fraser type, that would have something we want?

Hawks?

S.A Saint
Club Player

<<<<<<<<<

Statsman
Club Player

SainterK wrote:So who would need a Fraser type, that would have something we want?
The Doggies as an upgrade to Minson?
Port Adelaide as a replacement for Lade?
Sydney if they don't get Mumford?

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Statsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:So who would need a Fraser type, that would have something we want?
The Doggies as an upgrade to Minson?
Port Adelaide as a replacement for Lade?
Sydney if they don't get Mumford?
Hawks, who at the moment have Taylor (who gives away the most free kicks in the AFL and is a moron, and Renouf). Max Bailey done his knee again, doesn't give them much depth, one of them goes down and they could be in trouble.

Dont know what they would have for us though? They are tight arses with Port, wouldn't be much more generous to us.

Carpe Diem
Statsman
Club Player

Unforgiven wrote:Dont know what they would have for us though? They are tight arses with Port, wouldn't be much more generous to us.
Isn't Campbell Brown available? :wink:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Certainly don't want to be sending him to Hawthorn. Don't want them to get back any of their 2008 form.

Let Luke go into the draft and let Richmond or Melbourne pick him up. Deserves nothing less at this stage of the game. :twisted:

At least Ross has handled himself well throughout this entire saga. The same can not be said of Luke.
Last edited by saint75 on Thu 08 Oct 2009 9:44am, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Richter
SS Life Member

A couple of possibles......

------------------------

Saints get: Everitt

Bulldogs get: Fraser

Collingwood get: Ball

-------------------------

Saints get: pick 25

Collingwood get: Ball, pick 41

Hawks get: Fraser

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:A couple of possibles......

------------------------

Saints get: Everitt

Bulldogs get: Fraser

Collingwood get: Ball

-------------------------

Saints get: pick 25

Collingwood get: Ball, pick 41

Hawks get: Fraser
Would take the first trade,although I don't think that the doggies would, unless Everitt really wants out.

As for the second one, I would honestly rather send Ball to the PSD.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Richter
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Would take the first trade,although I don't think that the doggies would, unless Everitt really wants out.

As for the second one, I would honestly rather send Ball to the PSD.
Dunno how desperate Dogs are for another ruckman. I would accept up to pick 25 for Ball..... or Everitt from Dogs. Any less and it's see ya at the Demons Luke.....

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Im starting to get extremely nervous to the possibility that we are going to get screwed by someone, most likely the Pies.....

They seriously overrate every one of their players.

groupie1
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
gooner wrote:If this doesn't go through I've no problem with Ball coming back on a lower wage. Put your head down, arse up, work hard, shut up and maybe you'll get a game.

As for letting him go through to the PSD surely we would like something rather than nothing? Let's not let spite get in the way of good business.
IMO trading Ball to Collingwood for a second or third rounder is actually worse for our premiership chances then letting him go to the psd...
I'm thinking Brown and Rusling for Ball. Rusling is a f****** good lead up forward.
We can also agree to take J Fraser in return for also getting say, Alan Didak, as compensation for taking Fraser.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Fraser is a muppet of the highest order.

Absolute muppet.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I was listening to SEN this morning and unfortunately got out of the car before Connors was going to be quizzed about Ball. Did anyone hear what he had to say?

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Geoff Walsh (collingwood ceo? or whatever )was interviewed on MMM and said today they hope to finalise a deal for Ball to go to pies for player/s, seemed very confident it would be done today.

Before Im 85
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Geoff Walsh (collingwood ceo? or whatever )was interviewed on MMM and said today they hope to finalise a deal for Ball to go to pies for player/s, seemed very confident it would be done today.
Yeah, but confidence has never been in short supply at Collingwood. Turning confidence into results? Well thats a different matter !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Fraser is a muppet of the highest order.

Absolute muppet.
Was/is Dicky Knee a muppet? Fraser has one of those. Worse than Robert Campbell who retired from Hawthorn !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

NO FRASER.... A petition will be set up to oust him if this occurs :evil: i mean it! Worst player ever would go down as the biggest pantsing in the trade period. He's not worth a Matthew Ferguson.

Anyway we must stick to our guns because the pies faithful are fixated now on getting Bally therefore they will give up something decent. They need an in and under player O'bree is not up to scratch...

Saints will not get bent over in this period Rossy is too cluey. Roos stuck to his guns and got a 1st and 3rd round pick...

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Any hope of a reconciliation seems dashed going by reports in today's Herald Sun that the relationship between Ball and Ross Lyon is 'untenable'.

I'm sure a fringe player at any club would not have the best relationship with the coach, but sad to hear nonetheless.

It's Ross's way or the Highway....

And so it should be.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.