Some Saints supporters make me sick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintDebi
Club Player

Beno88 wrote:I don't agree with Raph's inclusion in our current 22, however I certainly believe he is capable of some great football, and I don't for one second think Raph, or any St.Kilda player, isn't giving their all when they run out in the red, white and black.

While I can understand some supporters frustration with Raph's prolonged development and slow decision making, I don't think using radio talkback to attack your, or any clubs players is acceptable.

Raph has tremendous potential and showed that at the end of 2008, unfortunately injuries and poor form have hit him again. There are definately strong arguments in favour of other players being in the side ahead of him, but the upside is if Raph in the side, he will eventually regain that great form and it can only be beneficial for the saints.

Good post. Well put.

I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of Raph's inclusion in the team week after week, because unlike many others who are entitled to their opinions, I see weaknesses in Raph's game. But I am a fan of Raph Clarke, StKilda football player. He represents our team when he puts on the red, white and black and I will support him 100% while he is out there, after all I have no doubt that he gives 100% when he's out there.
I really look forward to the day I can see the attributes in Raph that others apparantly do. Until that time, good luck in every game you play Raph, there may be times that I will cringe and comment quietly to those with me, but as long as you're out there trying for us, I'll be cheering for you. As for bagging any of our players to the general public - never.

Poor Raph. Has there ever been another that divides the supporters so much?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget Michael Gardiner slipped over allowing a goal to bounce over his head for a goal, do you bag him for that mistake.
If you watched Raph actually tapped the ball to our advantage, Rokke was good enough to get there before a St.Kilda player did.
Have a look at some of the good in close work Raph did, where he got the ball out of hot situations and to ur advantage.

He has earned the right to stay in the side for this week, in fact doubt any will be dropped.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:plugger66 you have just scored yourself a "hat trick" with me agreeing with you...

and you have won a bowl of coleslaw

:lol:
Hope it's not Nana & Spur's special recipe coleslaw....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
bob__71
Club Player

The total irony of this thread is astounding.

Funny how upset those who want to criticise Raph become when others exercise their right to criticise the criticism

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:plugger66 you have just scored yourself a "hat trick" with me agreeing with you...

and you have won a bowl of coleslaw

:lol:

Hope it's not Nana & Spur's special recipe coleslaw....

...ahh........memories....... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:round 14 v geelong
14 disposals (10 uncontested possessions)
4 marks
2 tackles
79% effective disposal %2 clangers (8 players with more)
1 centre clearance
1 inside 50
1 free against
6 one %ers

poor game???
Everton????
So 14 touches and he set the world on fire? :shock:

I felt a lot of those touches he had weren't to advantage or put the reciever under increased pressure, with a further two clangers on top.

He looked panicky again and a little unbalanced. He needs to build confidence before he can play in games like this IMO. A nice run of four or five AFL games.

I'm a big fan of Raph and would love him to become a BRILLIANT player, but I'm also a fan of winning premierships. I want our best 22 out there.

Is Raph part of that best 22 right now? I don't think so. I think Matt Maguire deserves a go, and soon, when he returns, I'd probably take Dempster as well.

But it's not a slight on Raph as a player, as a St Kilda person or his personality, ok? He has his place on our list.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
4 marks
2 tackles
1 centre clearance
1 inside 50
1 free against
6 one %ers

poor game???
Everton????

I felt a lot of those touches he had weren't to advantage or put the reciever under increased pressure, with a further two clangers on top.

He looked panicky again and a little unbalanced. He needs to build confidence before he can play in games like this IMO. A nice run of four or five AFL games.

I'm a big fan of Raph and would love him to become a BRILLIANT player, but I'm also a fan of winning premierships. I want our best 22 out there.

Is Raph part of that best 22 right now? I don't think so. I think Matt Maguire deserves a go, and soon, when he returns, I'd probably take Dempster as well.

But it's not a slight on Raph as a player, as a St Kilda person or his personality, ok? He has his place on our list.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
4 marks
2 tackles
1 centre clearance
1 inside 50
1 free against
6 one %ers

poor game???
Everton????

14 youch, not bad...hardly the disaster it was made out to be by cretins here and on the radio. Some people need to put performances like these into perspective.

Ev, every single St Kilda player looked under pressure on Saturday, saying that proves nothing. As you've pointed out though, he needs a run of games to get back into it, and that was a very tough game to come back for after a couple weeks out. I thought it was a good performance and wouldn't dream of dropping him from our starting 22.

As for critisism of Raph being PC...well, it's only PC if you're critisising his race, which no-one here is...unless you are, I'd say you'll be fine. However, Raph cops a ton of s*** from lame supporters more than anyone I've encountered in a side as good as St Kilda has been in recent years. The shear tidal wave of dribble directed at him is such that fans who think he deserves a fair go are forced to go into bat for him pretty hard.

It's disgraceful that Saints supports have to be this extreme, does any other top 4 club suffer this problem with a member of their starting 22???

GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Settle Petals......

IMHFO I thought Raph played well enough to get a chance of being picked next week, but not well enough to be a certainty. I still believe he is being played out of position at halfback.

Could not find any racial accusations in this thread.

People who ring up radio stations to bag players in their own team are scum of the lowest order. From my point of view, if they wear the red, white and black, I will support them.

My two bobs worth.
...no-one ...but no-one ....at any stage accused any poster in this thread of racial abuse....i have heard it at the footy...and there has been a whiff of it on here before...ditto gwilt and x.........
Completely agree Stinger.

Somewhere out of left field comes the statement that if you are anti-Raph you must be so on suspicious grounds.

Then further out of left field comes a denial of racism when the allegation hasn't even been made.

Mix this with a generous helping of tolerating mediocrity and not being permitted to revel in your team's success...... and we have a full on seven page thread full of bullsh1t.

For those posters who are adults here, FFS act your age. For those who are not, aspire to adulthood in reasoning and posting.

FFS, will somebody please call somebody else a effing turd so we can have this thread locked and move on. :roll: :roll: :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stfu grump ya f****** tossbag
8-)

bet it doesnt work

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:The total irony of this thread is astounding.

Funny how upset those who want to criticise Raph become when others exercise their right to criticise the criticism
Interesting that a couple of posters took my opinion of an ulterior motive toward some of our players to mean I was saying that they were racially abusing him.

Even when I stated that I was accusing nobody in this thread of that i get personally attacked by OLB and by iwantmyseats.

I either touched a nerve and they feel guilty or they dont want me to hold a general opinion on the way the Clarkes and Gwilt are insulted and abused by supporters.

Either way they are hypocrites - complaining that because we dont want unsubstantiated abuse of players we are stifling their opinion - or conversely want to stifle my opinion that some of the hate and abuse is race based.

It is a fact that aboriginal and other "black" players still get racially abused at the footy.

FFS I heard Harry O'Brien get called an "abo c*nt" by some imbicile (considering Harry O'Brien is Brazilian - but I suppose one black is the same as the rest to these neanderthals :roll: ).

I agree with mb. the Saints had a proud heritage with culture and ethnic minorities. FGS we've had Jewish players (even a premiership player) Italians- Greeks - and many other nationalities.

One of our greats was Nicky Winmar (whom I also heard racially abused but that was 20 years ago). I shudder to think any rational person would abuse Nicky because he is aboriginal.

I dont know if it is racial - however to me it seems these people I hear on the radio with their hate filled vitriol and personal abuse toward Raph in particular have more on their agendas.

I heard some disgusting bogan clown on Fineys show on Sunday night saying he was yet to hear a rational explanation why Raph Clarke was in the team. Finey said it was because he was more mobile that Maguire and that he could play in more positions. the clown then said "well thats not acceptable" and Finey - exasperated - said - "well that is the reason".

You see the Raph haters will not accept any rational reasoning. When given a reason it doesn't suit their hate to agree.

It is very worrisome that these types are supposed to be supporters.

As EVERYONE here said - no player is above critisism - but to make it so personal and hateful toward Raph points towards something more sinister.

As i said more than once on this thread I am not pointing fingers at anyone here.

But if you want to personally attack me and believe my opinion is directed at you...

IF THE CAP FITS - WEAR IT.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne

matrixcutter wrote:stfu grump ya f****** tossbag
8-)

bet it doesnt work
You STFU Mat you lowdown scrotum-licking knobjockey. :shock:

That might have a better chance.

Feel free to join in everybody.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
8-)

bet it doesnt work

How immature...you camel rooting butt puncher.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
8-)

bet it doesnt work

You do know that you have just vilified the race of knobjockies ? :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im thinking they better lock this soon
lol
just a feeling

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
8-)

bet it doesnt work