Reincarnated says...Gram's kicking is shocking!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

reincarnated

What reincarnated find interesting is that many others agree re Gram's disposal yet reincarnated is the only poster being harshly delt with

The sky is the limit if his kicking improves

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Thinline suspects that's because of a few things, Reinc :

1 You are probably not who you say you are,
2 You come across as awfully high and mighty,
3 Your consistent reference to yourself in the third person is painful, arrogant and really, really tiresome (I mean WTF is with that?),
and
4 1 + 2 + 3 = 4 = completely and utterly aggravating.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Reincanation,
Probably b/c your original post (in my opinion anyway) suggested that he shouldn't be in the team. You suggested there was no point him gaining possession b/c he butchers it, and questioned why anyone would bother handballing to him.

So yes, most agree his kicking can improve. But many also see the value of him in our team. Very few saints players charge through the corridor giving and getting the ball. The hardest time to spot a player up is the kick into the fwd 50 whilst at full pace. Gram needs to get better at that you're right, but if we lose that carry from him, or he loses his confidence to keep trying that, then we lose a hell of a lot more I reckon.

Shrappy
Club Player

I have always said that is an "I" on his back not a "1"

Takes a bounce when should dispose of it and puts the forwards out of position, takes on players when he should dish it off, has shots from 60 when better options up forward, only ever dishes it off once he is tackled or runs into a brick wall when it is too late...

Granted, gets lots of it, but must think about the team more....

saint vince
Club Player

Can someone explain what a troll is????

Is it jus siply someone with a different opinon or does it mean something else.

It appears that the majority of people agree with the OP so why is he a troll.

I agree with the post. I was not at this game but have been to most games in melbourne this year work permitting however when I have seen Gram he has kicked poorly.

I have said it in a previous post that I would prefer 4 short kicks to cover 80 meteres hiting targets than gram to run 30 kick 50 and cough it up.

Run and carry means bugger all if it goes to the opposition and all our players are out of position.

Just my opinion but I am proababy just a troll so go ahead and label me what you will.

If you look back the majority of my posts are positive and I actually slam people for being negative all the time however this is a constructive critiscm that I thnk needs adressing.

saint vince
Club Player

Shrappy wrote:I have always said that is an "I" on his back not a "1"

Takes a bounce when should dispose of it and puts the forwards out of position, takes on players when he should dish it off, has shots from 60 when better options up forward, only ever dishes it off once he is tackled or runs into a brick wall when it is too late...

Granted, gets lots of it, but must think about the team more....
Agree completely I think he runs the forwards out of position at times and then has no option to go to.

Better to kick it straight away in some instances

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:I have said it in a previous post that I would prefer 4 short kicks to cover 80 meteres hiting targets than gram to run 30 kick 50 and cough it up.
chipalotto tends to bring you unstuck quicker and just doesn't allow you to get it to your forwards quickly enough for them to be dangerous.

i'm fully aware of gram's shortfalls, but imo he more than makes up for them with his willingness to get it in there quickly. it is an urgency that seems to be infectious on his teammates, too.

i like that he backs himself and takes chances and feel that we'd be a less dangerous team without him.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

AND there's more chance of Paris Hilton joining the nunnery than Gram ever winning a hard contested ball,

even when it's Grams turn when he happens to be the closest player to the contest, he will shirk it, hang back and not commit his body 100%,

only player in our team that does it,
This is by far Grammy's biggest problem, I can deal with the errant kicks, but it absolutely p1sses me off when he shirks a contest when the rest of the side are almost kamikaze. It stands out like dogs knackers.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

When we have ben careful in the past with our disposal, and not prepared to take risks, ppl complained that this was Ross Lyons' overly defensive mindset, and consistent with Sydney's game plan where they conitually kick to a lead up fwd from a standing start.

We finally get a bit of movement/risk into our play, and when it doesn't come off, ppl complain that they would raather Gram just kicked short. Might make his kicking efficiency look great, but the 'team' thing to do is take the opposition on, and not worry about kicking efficiency. When blokes start doing that, they're playing for their position in the team, rather than worrying what the team thing to do is. Gram is in the team for his ability to carry the ball, not to chip it along the line. Sure he can improve at it - the best in the comp at doing it is Ablett, but we NEED him to do it.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Gram has areas to work on and room to improve, but I don't think he is a shirker of the Fevola variety, and Roo has a few kicking issues occasionally too.

They'll never all kick like BJ or go in like Ball.

older saint
SS Life Member

Remember clangers are kicks which turn the ball over - out on the full, to opposition.
Add to the 6 clangers about 6 which were 2 feet in front of or over the head of the leading forward.

Ran hard and worked hard but foot disposal appalling.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

So....

is this thread about Gram's disposal as per the OP?

In that case, while Gram was amongst the best today, surely we've got to acknowledge that his disposal is what's keeping him from being one of the best mids in the comp... we should also note that most of his shanks seem to come on inside 50s, which implies to me that it's addressable.

Don't know about B4E's accusationt hat he doesn'tw ant hard ball, seems to go when it's his turn to me.

Or, is this thread about a poster named reincarnated?

In which case I don't care, except to say his OP was, IMO, fair enough.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
reincarnated

Moods wrote:Reincanation,
Probably b/c your original post (in my opinion anyway) suggested that he shouldn't be in the team. You suggested there was no point him gaining possession b/c he butchers it, and questioned why anyone would bother handballing to him.

So yes, most agree his kicking can improve. But many also see the value of him in our team. Very few saints players charge through the corridor giving and getting the ball. The hardest time to spot a player up is the kick into the fwd 50 whilst at full pace. Gram needs to get better at that you're right, but if we lose that carry from him, or he loses his confidence to keep trying that, then we lose a hell of a lot more I reckon.
He should be in the team however there is no point of him getting it 30 times and being a focal point going out of the back 50 into the forward 50 if he is going to find ways to butcher it

Reincarnated believes from his body language that he gets stage fright after a long run and realises a decision has to be made split second

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated believes from his body language that he gets stage fright after a long run and realises a decision has to be made split second
he just needs to give himself that fraction of a second to steady before letting loose.

reincarnated

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:So....

is this thread about Gram's disposal as per the OP?

In that case, while Gram was amongst the best today, surely we've got to acknowledge that his disposal is what's keeping him from being one of the best mids in the comp... we should also note that most of his shanks seem to come on inside 50s, which implies to me that it's addressable.

Don't know about B4E's accusationt hat he doesn'tw ant hard ball, seems to go when it's his turn to me.

Or, is this thread about a poster named reincarnated?

In which case I don't care, except to say his OP was, IMO, fair enough.
It's about his bloody disposal no about a poster...albeit hunbled to get such a reaction from the faithful

reincarnated

bigcarl wrote:
reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated believes from his body language that he gets stage fright after a long run and realises a decision has to be made split second
he just needs to give himself that fraction of a second to steady before letting loose.
problem solved

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Can Reincarnated please replace the word 'Reincarnated' with the word 'I', in his/her posts?

reincarnated

Thinline wrote:Can Reincarnated please replace the word 'Reincarnated' with the word 'I', in his/her posts?
Reincarnated wonder's why the younger generations cannot look past how a poster contructs posts

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
Reincarnated wonder's why the younger generations cannot look past how a poster contructs posts
St.Byron suggests that considering you're one of the younger generation, you ask yourself that question.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Reincarnated's pompous holier-than-thou-ness bores Thinline to the point Thinline feels the need to waste time sniping at it.

Thinline should know better than to engage with Reincarnated.

So this morning, Thinline has learned a lesson in how to save valuable time.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Can't do much else but laugh at this thread.

Poster bring up clear points about a player, albeit negative - and the only response others cant muster is troll this and troll that. Sarcastic responses, childish responses and biased responses.

Gram's kicking was woeful yesterday, and I do clinch everytime he has a bounce. Gram taking a bounce is a recipe for a clanger....And as others have brought up - he lingers around the stoppage, he doesn't go in and lacks hardness intensity.

But he does deserve he place in the team - These are only deficiencies in his game of which both the coaching staff, and more importantly himself would be fully aware of.

reincarnated

Spinner wrote:Can't do much else but laugh at this thread.

Poster bring up clear points about a player, albeit negative - and the only response others cant muster is troll this and troll that. Sarcastic responses, childish responses and biased responses.

Gram's kicking was woeful yesterday, and I do clinch everytime he has a bounce. Gram taking a bounce is a recipe for a clanger....And as others have brought up - he lingers around the stoppage, he doesn't go in and lacks hardness intensity.

But he does deserve he place in the team - These are only deficiencies in his game of which both the coaching staff, and more importantly himself would be fully aware of.
troll...ffs pathetic

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
Spinner wrote:Can't do much else but laugh at this thread.

troll...ffs pathetic
sounds like your cage has been rattled...... :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: as others have brought up - he lingers around the stoppage, he doesn't go in and lacks hardness intensity.
There are times when this is precisely what he should do as an outside receiver,

BUT

there are other times when he is the closest St kilda player to the contest and he hangs back, spectates, shirks the issue, avoids body contact and generally let's the opposition player win what should have been contested ball,

I've watch this very closely for some time now,

just like Gwilt's half arsed attempts at pressure, which mean there is no chance of him ever smothering a ball from an opponent's boot, just wanders over and throws out a token arm with no intensity whatsoever,

one reason I suspect why he was dropped,

Gram is an important player, but if he continues on with his dog breakfast diposals and his marshmallow offerings in intensity at the ball, when it is his turn to go,

then perhaps RL will give him another holiday at Sandringham and provide an opportunity for someone who can dispose of the ball and not hang back like a show pony!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Gram regularly tried to do too much last night. He'd get the footy and immediately commit to a 30m run (ignoring good options in front of him), and then find himself in trouble when he's forced to kick. He either ends up under too much pressure or has worn himself out with the massive sprint resulting in a poor kick.

He hit a few targets but badly missed many more. I like Gram but last night wasn't good enough.