ST KILDA DECIDES NOT TO PROCEED WITH BEN COUSINS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintluke
Club Player

An explanation would be nice... the board must explain its actions to the clubs members. To not do so makes me very worried...

GreatNo9s
Club Player

Relax everyone
The Board met, considered all the issues and made a call

Let's remember 15 other teams have made the same call

We may all hate Collingwood but they too were red hot and then back out

So we all want the Board to declare what they know ?

We are kidding ourselves !

If they found something that has led to a no, why on earth would they release it. How is that in the Club's best interest or Ben's best interest ?

BTW - Mark Fine is an idiot. He's now saying because we've taken this so far we owe it to everyone to explain why.

That's rubbish

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Saints94
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:We've hit the 200 mark, the only thing that could make this story any bigger would be if GT called up SEN and declared he will be challenging the board and Harvey calls up 3AW protesting he wont be renewing his membership!!
Or if Harves comes at of retirement :?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:People have a right to refuse to renew their membership as a protest, what is this a freakin cult??

No one is talking about going to barrack for the scum ffs.... we are not mindless lemmings, for some enough is understandably enough and sending off a sternly worded email just wont cut it.

How much mediocrity, secrecy, incompetence and price hikes does it take to break the camels back?
It's not a cult but in this time of financial uncertainty the club needs our support more than ever!!

If you think that supporters can just waltz in and out as they please you have another thing coming, this club can't survive without membership money and if the 9 year olds on this site refuse to renew their membership, the club might not be there when they come crawling back...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

I am disappointed for the club, but nowhere near as devastated as Ben Cousins must be feeling when gets the news. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Armoooo wrote:
Leo.J wrote:What a bunch of fools our club is.

I think as members we deserve a detailed explaination as to why we've passed up such an opportunity.

If everyone who is pissed off with this decision rings the club and emails the club with their protest, and threaten to not rejoin as a member they might reconsider.

No answers no membership!
You are a disgrace!!
A complete and total disgrace!!
Not at all. The members who are the lifeblood of every football club deserve straight answers after this absolute debacle.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Damnit!!!
170 user's online
so close
but didnt happen :( ill tear up my membership cause of that :P

Shades
Club Player

174 :(

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

GreatNo9s wrote:Relax everyone
The Board met, considered all the issues and made a call

Let's remember 15 other teams have made the same call

We may all hate Collingwood but they too were red hot and then back out

So we all want the Board to declare what they know ?

We are kidding ourselves !

If they found something that has led to a no, why on earth would they release it. How is that in the Club's best interest or Ben's best interest ?

BTW - Mark Fine is an idiot. He's now saying because we've taken this so far we owe it to everyone to explain why.

That's rubbish

THEY MUST give a va;id reason, MUST. No doubt, we ARE OWED THAT MUCH FFS!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :shock:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Leo.J wrote:What a bunch of fools our club is.

I think as members we deserve a detailed explaination as to why we've passed up such an opportunity.

If everyone who is pissed off with this decision rings the club and emails the club with their protest, and threaten to not rejoin as a member they might reconsider.

No answers no membership!
You are a disgrace!!
A complete and total disgrace!!
You're obviously easily led.

I'm a disgrace because I want an explanation?

I'm a disgrace because I'm sick of our club making poor decisons?
No you are a disgrace that you are threatening to not renew your membership over one decision, it is a privledge to be a part of this club and it is one you obviously take for granted...
Not one decision, this is one of many over my life time.

Given this is a different board, but as I said I want an explaination

GrumpyOne

ralphysaints35 wrote:Damnit!!!
170 user's online
so close
Your best post ever Ralphy. :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i have to admit, FooryFirst has done s*** all, they said they will do this and that and they have done jack s***...but they could be right on this one.
what happens if he does get picked up by the lions, and in round 13 he is tested and caught again on drugs? all you membership ripping people out there will feel like absolute dickheads :wink:

while some people will rip up there membership for not having cousins and carroll etc... i know someone who said he will not resign in 09 if the club has Cousins, Carroll and Gardiner in the same team. i have to agree (although i would still resign). we dont want to be known as the new druggies like the eagles were, we already known as the club who has won 1 premiership in over 100 friggin years and thats painful enough for me.

he is not the guy we want at our club. i would rather a few young guys that have up to 15 years with us, rather than cousins who could be with us for as little as 1 month for all we know :shock:
Last edited by saintdooley on Tue 25 Nov 2008 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:To all of you threatening to not renew your Memberships....I reckon youll all regret typing that tomorrow but if you do go ahead and not renew..you are a disgrace and St Kilda dont need you anyway :-)
You have got to be kidding! How much crap is a supporter supposed to take? I mean really, think about it. I have supported all of their decisions (if not agreeing with them) and remained loyal and would not hear a word against them. However, I am becoming increasingly disillusioned and this decisions takes the cake.

FYI, weren't you one that was threatening to can your membership over $125 compulsory social club fee? So many of you were up in arms over that and this decision is way more important! So don't freakin' well tell me that the club doesn't need me or my membership money!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
170 user's online
so close
Oh thank u!
185 Users online, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Thats Kool.
going to start unbending my membership

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Thank heavens it is finally over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say I am happy but can't say that I am unhappy

Seems as though the club left no stone unturned with regards to their investigations so therefore I accept their decision to not draft Cousins

Obviously if no club picks him up then we will never know what we might have lost or gained and I think I prefer it that way

Good luck to Cousins in his recovery and its time we turn our attentions to 2009

Go Saints!!! :twisted:
Post of the night

Thank you :-)
Why?

Cause he sat on the fence with a balanced opinion, with very little emotion?

That aint footy.....strong opinions either way is what I respect.
You just like starting fights on here...admit it ;-)

Whats wrong with a bit of reason and level headed-ness???

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
170 user's online
so close
Yeah I'm with Ralphy!!
I will not be renewing my Saintsational account either :evil: :evil:

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Richter
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Your a disgrace because you think every decsion made by the board should be a popularity vote by the members..and you will drop your dummy if you dont get your own way

This is not Big Brother :roll:
It's the "there will be no further explanation given" that really sticks in the craw.......

WHY?

Archie says it's not the drugs......

So wtf is it?

What is so big that we, the St Kilda membership are not worthy of more information?

We deserve to know........

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Darren
Club Player

Grant Thomas is on via phone now

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I also demand an explanation for every other delisted player we've knocked back or have barely looked at, and for every draftee we overlook in favour of the ones we take.

WE are not going to stand for this blah blah blah...

We pay our memberships blah blah blah...

Mine's already renewed (renewing) and I look forward to supporting the club in 2009.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

notice how the posters who really have a opinion that is worthwhile reading haven't posted on this yet???

apart form grumpy...

stress less on this, the board knows a much more than many of you pathetic twat's know, they decided it was in our best interests not to get him, sure, we move on...cya benny you drugfark...

what i finf astounding is that as soon as we were in the mix to get him and it got serious most people on here changed their tune on him.....

harvey morphed into cousins...the messiah...the one who would lead us to glory...

its sad this messiah complex remains...we can't just look at the team as is and look to improve and build it, as per usual we look to one person to change around our 15 win season to that of a 25 win season...

for shame people...he is not the messiah...never has never will be

and the last time i checked we have our core just about running into their prime, and mostly coming off injury free years (or limited injuries)...the medico's are doing their job...good news

people have become even more impatient with the hawks overtaking us this year and winning the thing, inadvertedly if the hawks didn't win and geelong went back to back i doubt we would be so cranky about this all

in the end...the board know a hell of a lot more than any of you...so why bother trying to play the barbie-doll-esque game of let's be the board...you can be westaway...you can be rocky...i will be thommo and someone else can be kellet...

the opinions of our board and how they have changed as a collection really sum up the demographic here...clever individuals most of you are.....

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Darren wrote:Grant Thomas is on via phone now
Come on Granty Boy, we need some insults flying, give us a board challenge or something... We need anything to get us back over that 200 mark :twisted: :twisted:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i would have had him whatever was wrong with him, i don't care if he is still using, if he can hide it and beat the afl's mickey mouse system then good on him.

this is an opportunity lost for a club which thrives on underachieving

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:notice how the posters who really have a opinion that is worthwhile reading haven't posted on this yet???

apart form grumpy...

stress less on this, the board knows a much more than many of you pathetic twat's know, they decided it was in our best interests not to get him, sure, we move on...cya benny you drugfark...

what i finf astounding is that as soon as we were in the mix to get him and it got serious most people on here changed their tune on him.....

harvey morphed into cousins...the messiah...the one who would lead us to glory...

its sad this messiah complex remains...we can't just look at the team as is and look to improve and build it, as per usual we look to one person to change around our 15 win season to that of a 25 win season...

for shame people...he is not the messiah...never has never will be

and the last time i checked we have our core just about running into their prime, and mostly coming off injury free years (or limited injuries)...the medico's are doing their job...good news

people have become even more impatient with the hawks overtaking us this year and winning the thing, inadvertedly if the hawks didn't win and geelong went back to back i doubt we would be so cranky about this all

in the end...the board know a hell of a lot more than any of you...so why bother trying to play the barbie-doll-esque game of let's be the board...you can be westaway...you can be rocky...i will be thommo and someone else can be kellet...

the opinions of our board and how they have changed as a collection really sum up the demographic here...clever individuals most of you are.....

speak for yourself......

oh wise one
Last edited by chook23 on Tue 25 Nov 2008 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
Quixote
SS Life Member

Cousins is as dead as disco baby.

Got to feel for the bloke.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Darren wrote:Grant Thomas is on via phone now
Come on Granty Boy, we need some insults flying, give us a board challenge or something... We need anything to get us back over that 200 mark :twisted: :twisted:

We need Stkilda to 'Change There Mind" SO more people come online :D