why bag Lyon's recruiting /drafting???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

we did need a mini-rebuild...the players we lost were of high quality and key positions...especilly in our run and carry with both aussie and heath black leaving...

gram is not even close to either of them and one cannot rely on a key back in s fish to provide the run all of the time...

our rucks were shizen...although carlton somehow rated one of them...another one is playing football in the qld state league and god knows where the others are...

we traded, took gambles and as long as we have one of king or mg out there for the next 15 weeks we should do well enough...we arent used to getting first opportunity at the ball...which is scary enough considering how well we performed previously...its a joke that we were able to get within a kick and a quarter of grand finals without anything resembling a decent ruckman

so to anyone that thinks we didnt need a mini re-build...wake up...our reserves were shizen (like hawthorn's now)...all we had was a quality 22 minus a ruckman...we were never going to just suddenly come from the clouds and snatch a flag...building a team takes years and years....

ask the lions

ask the power

ask the swans

hey...ask the cats...

ask the roos of the early 90's...

dont ask the blues their flag in 95 is a joke

it will come...no doubts...patience is required...we will see who the real supporters and who are the bandwagoners

stand up

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Shaggy
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:Each mark not confidently moving the ball on quickly holding it up looking for someone to give it off to until everyone flooded back into our forward line .
Huh?

So what have the past 18 months brought us?

Fast attacking football?
Playing against lwr sides with a good structure that ran us around and made us look stupid
Huh?

We used to smash lower teams.

We now make them look like potential grand finalists.
Ross Lyon is a far better coach
Of course he his . . . because . . . um . . .

:roll:
Yeh put in now from back then Heath Black, Aussie Jones, Aaron Hamill, Stephen Powell,Luke Penny,and a five year younger Justin Peckett , Andrew Thompson, Fraser Gherig,Max Hudgeton and Robert Harvey and also a fresh Luke Ball not stuffed with injuries and we'll see if theres any difference . Your really happy with what we achieved back then ? We should have been smashing almost EVERY team. I can remember HEAPS of times losing and being pushed by sides that werent rated anywhere near our Superstar Glamour team that promised the world and now we expect Ross lyon to come in and take the next step. I know we dont like to face it but its all over and Ross Lyon is now rebiulding weve lost half of the best talent we had and replaced then with a bunch of snotty nosed kids and some mediocre rejects. As for what hes done in just over 12 months take a look back at where we were with GT after that long . They were also saying the same about Alister Clarkson too.
Your dealing with a few imbeciles mate but its a quality post you make.

Thomas also AT LEAST had a functional MAGUIRE to add to the list.

It wont change a thing on here though...the attention seeking flogs will still argue one way today and and entirely another tomorrow so they can say "I told you so"

Dodg was calling for a total rebuild 2 yrs ago in his now famous "chicken little sky is falling" post (he virtually had a merging in that one.... :lol: )

Keep the faith in Ross it will take some time but I too believe he is a good coach HAS a plan and will turn things over to get the TEAM required to implement it.
Heath Black – played (IMO) better under GT than Dockers since
Aussie Jones – wanted to leave but still played his best footy under GT
Aaron Hamill – was always good with Carlton with us injuries killed his career and severely destabilized us come finals since he was a key
Stephen Powell – sacked by Melbourne but he was a wonderful servant for us under GT (primarily in a negative role)
Luke Penny - A kid when he joined us and played very good football and the Doggies thought he would be great too but like Sammy injuries killed him and us
Justin Peckett - a “rough diamondâ€

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why does such a quality thread have to deginerate into childish name calling?

Why is it always the usual suspects?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Dont ever do renovations is my advice. You'll confuse the cr@p out of any builder and Id suggest yourself again.

I can see it now....." i never actually said I wanted the bathroom to go there.......you find me 1 post where Ive said that Mr Builder........." :lol:
I can understand how that would confuse a rectum like you.

However for the average human being, quite simply if you don't say you want the bathroom there, then the f***ing plumber shouldn't put it there.

Your advice should probably have been - "don't ever let me do your renovations for you. Cause I'll put shiit wherever I like and completely disregard what you actually told me to do."
I find that dissapointing...and do agree with Joffa why allow yourself to head down the gutter path purely because you have been shown to constantly contradict yourself and clearly not understand the topic?

If you dont 'get it' best say nothing....theres some advice for you... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

there are some decent points made in this thread but why oh why does it have to degenerate int garbage as per usual

so many posters have left because of this and hopefully the forum members that do will clean up their acts

soon it will just be the moderators and the little schoolkids left

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I think the points been made SP but its interesting to see it being made by some of this sites biggest offenders,... :shock:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:it wouldnt surprise me if kosi could barely read so why would he even bother picking up a newspaper?
I prefer genuinely insightful comments like the one above that merely attack the intelligence of players based on how they talk.. :?:

“Yeah….nah””
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Why does such a quality thread have to deginerate into childish name calling?

Why is it always the usual suspects?
Have a look at the precise moment this thread deteriorated, and your question will be answered.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I think the points been made SP but its interesting to see it being made by some of this sites biggest offenders,... :shock:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:it wouldnt surprise me if kosi could barely read so why would he even bother picking up a newspaper?
I prefer genuinely insightful comments like the one above that merely attack the intelligence of players based on how they talk.. :?:
i was making a point because a few posters seemingly were pleaded with kosi not to read the newspaper article about him etc etc...it seemed a little odd

i also made the post to see how badly i would get scolded for criticizing one of our own...everyone gets so touchy