Official Thread - NAB Cup Round 1 - *LIVE* Updates/Scores

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Jarryd Allen - Didn't spend much time on the ground but was fantastic when put into the forward 50. Takes the hard ones and has a good kick on him. Marked down due to lack of gametime. 6/10

David Armitage - Was given plenty of time in the middle. To be honest he was a little disapointing. The signs are there but the rookies have well and truley overtaken him. 3/10

Shane Birss - Very good in close. Quick sharp hands and quite a smart player. 6/10

Jason Blake - Should not feature in more than 5 games this season. Just has no smarts, sure the courage is there but that only takes you a certain way. 2/10

Glenn Chivers - Poor kid spent about two minutes on the field. Dont think he touched the ball. 1/10

Raphael Clarke - Still has his poor moments but as a whole his game has become a lot more consistent. Was good tonight. 7/10

Xavier Clarke - Was brilliant. Tackled hard, ran hard and was amongst everything. Was my best on ground untill the end of the third when he got a little tired. 9/10

Nick Dal Santo - Showed class and leadership. Still very slow with kickouts. 8/10

Robert Eddy - Has great pace, often displayed a lot of pressure. I liked his game. 7/10

Aaron Fiora - Fairly quiet game for Aaron. Made a few errors. Hopefully he can bounce back next week because his position is far from safe yet. 4/10

Sam Fisher - Has become the key of the defence. Started the night by playing as a loose man and often plugging the leading space and courageously going back and spoiling and marking incoming kicks. 9/10

Charlie Gardiner - Kenny Sheldon you may have made a few mistakes during your time with us but all will be forgiven if young Charlie turns out to be a gem. Looked every bit comfortable out there tonight and constantly featuring in the setting up of goals. 9/10

Michael Gardiner - Played as 2nd ruck tonight. Did a fair job without being fantastic. The match practise for him is unvaluable. 5/10

Jarryn Geary - Brilliant! Hard working, clever and quick. Expect to be the guy who falls under the other teams radar this year. Reminds me a little of Heath Shaw of Collingwood. 8/10

Fraser Gehrig - A quiet night for the G-Train in terms of possesions however he let his presence be felt. Two frees against, three Richmond players on their arse. 5/10

Robert Harvey - Hasn't lost it. Hands were as quick as ever. Had a high hit on him and should result in a suspension (havnt seen replay yet). 7/10

Brad Howard - Didn't have much time on ground but his few possesions were rather worthy ones. Has good pace. 3/10

Max Hudghton - Held the defence together. Played mainly on Deledio. 7/10

Clinton Jones - Dumb and poor kicking skills hurt him but top marks for effort tonight. Often runs to the wrong spots and his kicking is just woeful at times but he did do plenty of good things. 7/10

Steven King - Fantastic to see such terrific tapwork coming from a player in the Red, White and Black for once. Has taken the number 1 ruck spot in my eyes. 8/10

Justin Koschitzke - Similar to the intraclub match. Was very good up forward but his kicking again let him down. Good to finally see him up forward permantly. 8/10

Luke Miles - Did plenty of good things. A modern day attacking defender. Great rookie pick. 6/10

Stephen Milne - On fire! A little lazy at times but his regained a little bit of his unpredictability again. Kicked three and set up plenty more. 7/10

Leigh Montagna - Worked well with Gardiner and King. Often was on the receiving end of a good hitout. Played a great attacking game. 8/10

Michael Rix - It's clear that Ross Lyon is looking for a new position for Rix. Played as a key defender, a forward and wingman. Looked good as a defender and did a fair job all night. Deserves another few weeks to find his new spot. 5/10

Jack Steven - This kid has fantastic aggression! Boy he looked great when he was out there. Didn't get much game time but I loved what I saw. 4/10

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:Jarryd Allen - Didn't spend much time on the ground but was fantastic when put into the forward 50. Takes the hard ones and has a good kick on him. Marked down due to lack of gametime. 6/10

David Armitage - Was given plenty of time in the middle. To be honest he was a little disapointing. The signs are there but the rookies have well and truley overtaken him. 3/10

Shane Birss - Very good in close. Quick sharp hands and quite a smart player. 6/10

Jason Blake - Should not feature in more than 5 games this season. Just has no smarts, sure the courage is there but that only takes you a certain way. 2/10

Glenn Chivers - Poor kid spent about two minutes on the field. Dont think he touched the ball. 1/10

Raphael Clarke - Still has his poor moments but as a whole his game has become a lot more consistent. Was good tonight. 7/10

Xavier Clarke - Was brilliant. Tackled hard, ran hard and was amongst everything. Was my best on ground untill the end of the third when he got a little tired. 9/10

Nick Dal Santo - Showed class and leadership. Still very slow with kickouts. 8/10

Robert Eddy - Has great pace, often displayed a lot of pressure. I liked his game. 7/10

Aaron Fiora - Fairly quiet game for Aaron. Made a few errors. Hopefully he can bounce back next week because his position is far from safe yet. 4/10

Sam Fisher - Has become the key of the defence. Started the night by playing as a loose man and often plugging the leading space and courageously going back and spoiling and marking incoming kicks. 9/10

Charlie Gardiner - Kenny Sheldon you may have made a few mistakes during your time with us but all will be forgiven if young Charlie turns out to be a gem. Looked every bit comfortable out there tonight and constantly featuring in the setting up of goals. 9/10

Michael Gardiner - Played as 2nd ruck tonight. Did a fair job without being fantastic. The match practise for him is unvaluable. 5/10

Jarryn Geary - Brilliant! Hard working, clever and quick. Expect to be the guy who falls under the other teams radar this year. Reminds me a little of Heath Shaw of Collingwood. 8/10

Fraser Gehrig - A quiet night for the G-Train in terms of possesions however he let his presence be felt. Two frees against, three Richmond players on their arse. 5/10

Robert Harvey - Hasn't lost it. Hands were as quick as ever. Had a high hit on him and should result in a suspension (havnt seen replay yet). 7/10

Brad Howard - Didn't have much time on ground but his few possesions were rather worthy ones. Has good pace. 3/10

Max Hudghton - Held the defence together. Played mainly on Deledio. 7/10

Clinton Jones - Dumb and poor kicking skills hurt him but top marks for effort tonight. Often runs to the wrong spots and his kicking is just woeful at times but he did do plenty of good things. 7/10

Steven King - Fantastic to see such terrific tapwork coming from a player in the Red, White and Black for once. Has taken the number 1 ruck spot in my eyes. 8/10

Justin Koschitzke - Similar to the intraclub match. Was very good up forward but his kicking again let him down. Good to finally see him up forward permantly. 8/10

Luke Miles - Did plenty of good things. A modern day attacking defender. Great rookie pick. 6/10

Stephen Milne - On fire! A little lazy at times but his regained a little bit of his unpredictability again. Kicked three and set up plenty more. 7/10

Leigh Montagna - Worked well with Gardiner and King. Often was on the receiving end of a good hitout. Played a great attacking game. 8/10

Michael Rix - It's clear that Ross Lyon is looking for a new position for Rix. Played as a key defender, a forward and wingman. Looked good as a defender and did a fair job all night. Deserves another few weeks to find his new spot. 5/10

Jack Steven - This kid has fantastic aggression! Boy he looked great when he was out there. Didn't get much game time but I loved what I saw. 4/10
Very harsh on Blake and Armo. Have a feeling you may not think they can play.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Very harsh on Blake and Armo. Have a feeling you may not think they can play.
Armitage i know can play. Hes young, yes the Geary's and Eddy's are further ahead at the moment but once Armo finds his feet he will be terrific im sure.

Blake...im starting to lose the little confidence i had left in him. Isnt a fulltime afl player imo. Good backup.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Very harsh on Blake and Armo. Have a feeling you may not think they can play.
Armitage i know can play. Hes young, yes the Geary's and Eddy's are further ahead at the moment but once Armo finds his feet he will be terrific im sure.

Blake...im starting to lose the little confidence i had left in him. Isnt a fulltime afl player imo. Good backup.
Did you watch who Blake played on tonight. Did a job that he will probably not have to do during the season. Skills are average but can get by because of other atributes.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

Did you watch who Blake played on tonight. Did a job that he will probably not have to do during the season. Skills are average but can get by because of other atributes.
blake for a high percentage of the match was standing by himself with his hands in the air...but do remind me who he was "lined up on"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

blake for a high percentage of the match was standing by himself with his hands in the air...but do remind me who he was "lined up on"
He started on Brown. Have you heard of him. Will be one the tigers best players this season.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

He started on Brown. Have you heard of him. Will be one the tigers best players this season.
i look forwards to seeing a replay. i respect your opinion plugger66. i dont believe your correct though and i stand by my words.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I am not known for heaping praise on Blake...but tonight IMO he was good down back.

Games like that will keep in the best 22.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

welldone markinusa
great commentating remember doing something similiar for interstate game year s ago

I listened to SEN at the game and watched KB almost bunce out of the box in his excitement-
but maybe i'll have to start listening to MMM if aarons on there.

!!! let us know what sort of extra information you would like about games so that those of us who go can fill in the colour.

PS just heard on replay- Jack Steven went to school yesterday at st bede's but just for half the day he was so excited. saw steven king give his hair a ruffle as they both came o f the ground together in the last quarter- had heard a player say kingy had brought his leadership with him- great to see the encouragment.

ps hI sawf

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107