Another GT "Gem"... I agree 100%!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu

It had to be done. For the good of the club.
agreed

the realisation following blight must surely and clearly have been , st kilda people have to fix st kilda ... and st kilda people did , and , **** for that !

Milton66
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote:
agreed

the realisation following blight must surely and clearly have been , st kilda people have to fix st kilda ... and st kilda people did , and , **** for that !
I agree that at the time, it was the right move. Why didn't they just say so, instead of lying?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
asiu

for the same reason hammer was always 2 weeks away i suppose

ie... give the opposition less than nothing

Saints43
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
gazrat wrote:
agreed

I agree that at the time, it was the right move. Why didn't they just say so, instead of lying?
Because while 'tanking' or 'bottoming out' is now an accepted part of the football life cycle it had never been done before us.

GT and Butterss had worked out how to use the draft to St Kilda's advantage. Why make it public knowledge? We needed to get a competitive advantage - a fair bit of our list was ordinary in 2001.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
gazrat wrote:
agreed

Because while 'tanking' or 'bottoming out' is now an accepted part of the football life cycle it had never been done before us.

GT and Butterss had worked out how to use the draft to St Kilda's advantage. Why make it public knowledge? We needed to get a competitive advantage - a fair bit of our list was ordinary in 2001.
I was refering to the sham appointment. Couldn't give a stuff about tanking.

I still think your argument has holes, though. Unless you can produce some facts to back it up.

Coz basically, what you're implying was that RB and GT had a pow wow after Blight's sacking and said, let's tank and rebuild. So we'll appoint you as coach. Is that correct?

FWIW, tanking was going on way before we did it. In fact we had a lousy 2002 and then came home with a wet sail in 2003.

I suspect that you are baiting me somewhat. 8-)

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?