Hurley!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hurley!!!!!

Playon wrote:
saynta wrote: To my mind tony74 is the only one really itk and he hasn't said anything, has he?
Thats a little unfair, jaxons has been more than reliable and spot on most of the time.I could dig up some of his posts, but then you've read them anyway.
MG and starno#4 have also been pretty good.
Not even the club has been 100% accurate
Well, you would need to do that to convince me.

Personally, i think jaxons is full of crap.

Even a clock that doesnt work is right twice a day.

stonecold
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Playon wrote:Again, itk from BF, who is very reliable.

I can do the whole story but don't feel like it as I'd rather concentrate on the more likely targets in mind.
Ok, then, it's more than 2% chance though, contact only counts as 2% these days?????
stonecold. Are we talking to him?
Think that 2% chance may have gone up a little!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Playon
Club Player

As a DFA?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Because the club and Hurley wouldn't want the pressure of the story being out. Melbourne have had to hose things down and downplay the situation after the comments were made. Many in principal signings would happen mid year and be denied by all. Just like Dangerfield. I'm sure if Hurley had agreed to come to the Saints or any other club he would want that to remain secret even if just for Essendons sake. If Hurley walked now their fans would be devistated.
Really?

When has protecting fans feelings about anything ever been a priority.

Sounds nice but I don't think so.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="SaintPav"][quote="Goose is king"]Because the club and Hurley wouldn't want the pressure of the story being out. Melbourne have had to hose things down and downplay the situation after the comments were made. Many in principal signings would happen mid year and be denied by all. Just like Dangerfield. I'm sure if Hurley had agreed to come to the Saints or any other club he would want that to remain secret even if just for Essendons sake. If Hurley walked now their fans would be devistated.[/quote]

Really?

When has protecting fans feelings about anything ever been a priority.

Sounds nice but I don't think so.[/quote]

Ok then. Hurley comes out and says he wants to play for the Saints. Saints come out and say we have talked to his management and believe he will be with us next year. What questions would you ask as a journalist?
How much have you offered Hurley and for how long?
Will you offer Essendon a trade or incourage Hurley to activate the clause in his contract so he can walk?
Hurley and the Saints wouldn't want that.
That's why I believe anyone ITK would be quite on this matter.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cool

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Any club taking on a still contracted Essendon player would be keeping pretty quiet...unless they're stupid (aka Melbourne), as there'll be a legal stoush involved. Not something I'd imagine clubs would want to be involved in mid-season.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Any club taking on a still contracted Essendon player would be keeping pretty quiet...unless they're stupid (aka Melbourne), as there'll be a legal stoush involved. Not something I'd imagine clubs would want to be involved in mid-season.
Note to ention potential WADA complications as no banned player is meant to be doing anything "official" with any club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Playon
Club Player

I should probably post this again

Under AFL laws, players can meet with rival clubs whenever they want, and clubs can even offer terms, should the player indicate he wants to leave his current club. But a player cannot sign legally binding "contracts, agreements, arrangements or understandings"

The whole thing about the Bombers players is all they have to do is say we want out and activate the work place safety laws. They could become DFA's and able to terminate their contract almost straight away. But then there is trade week where clubs have to abide by to apply to the afl for new contracts.

But in this day and age where players want to the best by their former clubs, it seems unlikely to happen. Not to mention
Big brother ( I mean the AFL) doesnt want this to happen.
So most likely if they want to move they'll ask to be traded at the end of the season. That still doesnt mean they can't get offers to play for other clubs.

Any new clubs may be asking the players to activate the get of jail free card, ( does anyone want to deal with Dildo?) which in the case of Hurley is why he may reluctantly stay a Bomber and thinking that not everyone at the club is responsible or a d**khead.

If my boss decided that he could put speed in my coffee or an experimental drug to make me work faster not only would I sue his arse off, I'd be out of their quick smart. I don't understand the loyalty, unless of course I agreed to it.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Playon, I would find his speed stash, steal it then sue and quit.
I totally agree, I would have no loyalty to Essendon if they put me through the whole saga.
I would search for better money in a side that is contending or could be in three years, or chase a priemiership the following year on what ever I could get off that team.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

My bomber mate who always appears to have the good oil on the bombers, and was able to provide me with an insight as to what they were thinking during the drug scandal and was almost always correct - not sure who he knows and he won't tell me, is telling me that he's not confident at all re Hurley re-signing with them, and that the bombers are desperate for him to re-sign. Quite unusual as he's normally very positive about numerous things to do with them. Might be something to this rumour...

stonecold
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:My bomber mate who always appears to have the good oil on the bombers, and was able to provide me with an insight as to what they were thinking during the drug scandal and was almost always correct - not sure who he knows and he won't tell me, is telling me that he's not confident at all re Hurley re-signing with them, and that the bombers are desperate for him to re-sign. Quite unusual as he's normally very positive about numerous things to do with them. Might be something to this rumour...
Your mate is on the right oil!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold said so!!!!!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

a mate of mine who is really close to the bombers reckons Carlisle will be huge for us.

Stating the bleeding obvious he gave the caveat that he needs to have his head in the right space but the interesting thing was he mentioned Carlisle was at his absolute best when richo was at the club and he and richo have a super relationship

#1 Ryder fan
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am someone who believes Carlisle has every chance of being a gun. But we also need to remember Essendon got Carlisle with a pick 24 in the draft.
You don't get ahead by giving away early draft picks for mature players. You need to get your picks in the 20s right.

Seb Ross was a win. Cripps (turned in Newnes) was a win.
Spencer White was a fail. Nate Wright aint looking good.
Acres and Goddard both look possible - likely.

So I guess we are going ok.

stonecold
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:a mate of mine who is really close to the bombers reckons Carlisle will be huge for us.

Stating the bleeding obvious he gave the caveat that he needs to have his head in the right space but the interesting thing was he mentioned Carlisle was at his absolute best when richo was at the club and he and richo have a super relationship
As do Richo and Hurley, interestingly enough!!!!!

Playon
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:Playon, I would find his speed stash, steal it then sue and quit.
I totally agree, I would have no loyalty to Essendon if they put me through the whole saga.
I would search for better money in a side that is contending or could be in three years, or chase a priemiership the following year on what ever I could get off that team.
If I feel sorry for anyone it would be Jobe Watson, what would you do? Hand back the brownlow and tell them to shove it, or keep it and wonder if you won it fairly?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
Goose is king wrote:Playon, I would find his speed stash, steal it then sue and quit.
If I feel sorry for anyone it would be Jobe Watson, what would you do? Hand back the brownlow and tell them to shove it, or keep it and wonder if you won it fairly?

Well he didn't win it fairly...
If he had an ounce of integrity he would give it back before he was forced to

stonecold
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:My bomber mate who always appears to have the good oil on the bombers, and was able to provide me with an insight as to what they were thinking during the drug scandal and was almost always correct - not sure who he knows and he won't tell me, is telling me that he's not confident at all re Hurley re-signing with them, and that the bombers are desperate for him to re-sign. Quite unusual as he's normally very positive about numerous things to do with them. Might be something to this rumour...
As previously stated, your mate is spot on!!!!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If we didn't have Carslile then I'd say go for it.

We don't need him; he's superflous to needs.

We still need a gun mid or two.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We need a mid of size but more importantly power

A contested ball winner to support Jack

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:If we didn't have Carslile then I'd say go for it.

We don't need him; he's superflous to needs.

We still need a gun mid or two.
Would tend to agree...turn to the draft for depth, chasing a big fish for this role would be doubling up. We have greater needs elsewhere and I doubt the club would have even consider throwing around the kind of money required to entice Hurley for another KPD.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:We need a mid of size but more importantly power

A contested ball winner to support Jack
Jack is both an inside and outside mid. That's why he's so good!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This thread is starting to stink!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes it is

And we need another break away mid

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Yes we need another break away mid but we also need another gun mobile tall back to compliment Carlisle - Hurley fits the bill and maybe Marchbank as well down the line however he currently has a serious ankle problem

Both are good marks, mobile and can win contested ball

Whilst the engine room is super important all Premierships sides have a great defensive unit and I think we are still one gun shy down back

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!