What's the Brions secret?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: What's the Brions secret?

Austinnn wrote:This place gets more and more bizarre everytime I visit. Really not a good advertisement for our club for any would-be supporters. A bunch of Tweedledees and Tweedledums slapping each other. Look, I've been there too, it's easy to get sucked in to arguing on the internet about petty things, but watching from the outside it just looks so SO pathetic.

I know it's winter in Australia but you're still alive and there is a magnificent world to be seen away from your screen. Please, I beg you to breathe the sweet air around you and embrace your life.
I actually genuinely respect your opinion Austinnn, but... This isn't a marketing / fan acquisition website... It's the home of sad demented saints fans looking for a laugh & some footy chat.

You just have to skip over the stuff you think is rubbish. Surely no young people are reading this weighing up whether to follow the saints or another club?

It's summer in France you should be frolicking on the beach handing out balls to Algerian kids, not reading this :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:This place gets more and more bizarre everytime I visit. Really not a good advertisement for our club for any would-be supporters. A bunch of Tweedledees and Tweedledums slapping each other. Look, I've been there too, it's easy to get sucked in to arguing on the internet about petty things, but watching from the outside it just looks so SO pathetic.

I know it's winter in Australia but you're still alive and there is a magnificent world to be seen away from your screen. Please, I beg you to breathe the sweet air around you and embrace your life.

Got to say you are taking it a bit seriously Austinn. I think it was clear to most, well hopefully most, that is was a bit of fun and it also proves you can discuss or argue things without resorting to real name calling. Im sure it bored many but im sure it also gave many a good laugh. As far as the club is concerned well arguing or calling one of our players a retard. Which seems worse. I will go with the fun of arguing numbers especially on a thrwead that wasnt even abour club. I certainly wasnt slapped by anyone and probably didnt stop laughing everytime I posted.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Swan is forcasting they will be asking the AFL for assistance , debt will be over $3mill

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: What's tge Brions secret?

Cairnsman wrote:...Maths isn't my strong point either but if we have won 4 games and the Dogs have won 7 games is that 75% more wins than us? ...
Yes.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:...Maths isn't my strong point either but if we have won 4 games and the Dogs have won 7 games is that 75% more wins than us? ...
Yes.
Oh don't start this again! :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Yes.
Another member from the house of Wilson at Ormond East Primary School?

SMS
Club Player

whether Brisbane, Dogs, Demons or us will be good in 5 years is simply an unknown and will unravel in good time.

We smashed the eagles by 101 points in 2004. 2005 they lost a flag by 1 point. 2006 they won the flag.

2006 Geelong didnt make finals.
2007 Geelong won the flag by a record margin.

Things change quickly, the idea is these days not wasting time on players once they show they are NO good.

We need to trade Stanley, Longer while we still can. {roved they dont have it for AFL best. They can be mediocre elsewhere. Thats not an insult as playing AFL mediocre is still fantastic high level. Thing is, I WANT FLAGS!!

We have a great core young group coming through .... Hickey, Bruce, Billings, Dunstan, Newnes, Wright, Webster, White, Acres, Templeton, Murdoch will all be guns.

Keep drafting the best players and we will be fine. Do not draft a KPP this year. Not one good one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:whether Brisbane, Dogs, Demons or us will be good in 5 years is simply an unknown and will unravel in good time.

We smashed the eagles by 101 points in 2004. 2005 they lost a flag by 1 point. 2006 they won the flag.

2006 Geelong didnt make finals.
2007 Geelong won the flag by a record margin.

Things change quickly, the idea is these days not wasting time on players once they show they are NO good.

We need to trade Stanley, Longer while we still can. {roved they dont have it for AFL best. They can be mediocre elsewhere. Thats not an insult as playing AFL mediocre is still fantastic high level. Thing is, I WANT FLAGS!!

We have a great core young group coming through .... Hickey, Bruce, Billings, Dunstan, Newnes, Wright, Webster, White, Acres, Templeton, Murdoch will all be guns.

Keep drafting the best players and we will be fine. Do not draft a KPP this year. Not one good one.

What would you expect to get for Stanley and Longer? Im also confused how they arent up to it but White and Murdoch are. Do you see much of Sandy?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Longer will be a gun and aint going anywhere. Hickey will get traded before him. It's well known his fitness coming from the Lions was extremely poor. He's already a naturally gifted footy player just wait until his fitness improves and then we'll see him get more footy around the ground and become a dominant all-around ruckman.

Trading Stanley seems stupid. We've put 7 years of development into him and he's just starting to put some good games together plus he's the only genuine forward/ruckman on our list and a major component. Lacks consistency but that will come. We likely won't see his best for another 2-3 years but thats okay we have time.

Both two of our most important players going forward and I expect will be well off the trade table unless something extraordinary is offered.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Longer will be a gun and aint going anywhere. Hickey will get traded before him. It's well known his fitness coming from the Lions was extremely poor. He's already a naturally gifted footy player just wait until his fitness improves and then we'll see him get more footy around the ground and become a dominant all-around ruckman.

Trading Stanley seems stupid. We've put 7 years of development into him and he's just starting to put some good games together plus he's the only genuine forward/ruckman on our list and a major component. Lacks consistency but that will come. We likely won't see his best for another 2-3 years but thats okay we have time.

Both too of our most important players going forward and I expect will be well off the trade table unless something extraordinary is offered.

Im unsure how you can say Longer will be a gun. He probably need to take a mark to be even better than average let alone a gun. I think Hickey has more upside IMO but we will see. I do know unless one learns to mak play forward one of them wont be at the club in a year or two time. I wouldnt trade either Stanley or Longer at the moment because we wouldnt get much value and if either comes good then you wouldnt want to trade them. I have big doubts on both. And yes I know they are young, well Longer is, but im doubt ful either can ever be consistant AFL footballers. Hope im wrong.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I'm confident Longer will be good.

We'll start to see signs when can play 2nd ruck in my opinion.

SMS
Club Player

Hickey v GWS. Watch the game. Enough said.

Hickey will be a premier ruckman of AFL by 2017.

All im saying is lets keep trying to draft some unbelievable talent. The only way is to have picks ... why keep stanley? he suks. Is eh capable of being our next CHF preiersip player? NO. So why bother? get draft pick and who knows maybe pick up a dane swan (pick 65) or a S Fisher (Pick 55)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I'm confident Longer will be good.

We'll start to see signs when can play 2nd ruck in my opinion.

Where is he playing when he isnt rucking?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Hickey v GWS. Watch the game. Enough said.

Hickey will be a premier ruckman of AFL by 2017.

All im saying is lets keep trying to draft some unbelievable talent. The only way is to have picks ... why keep stanley? he suks. Is eh capable of being our next CHF preiersip player? NO. So why bother? get draft pick and who knows maybe pick up a dane swan (pick 65) or a S Fisher (Pick 55)

You do realise we can get those type of picks without trading Stanley.

SMS
Club Player

get more of em. The more we have the better chance we have of finding guns. Why waste our time on Stanley. He is NO good. Has the mental strength of a little boy. Cant change that with =out him enduring a huge personal tragedy. Dont wish that on him.

SMS
Club Player

note: when I say NO good. I mean not a gun, not good enough to lead a grand final side out onto the MCG. He is a great football player. Would dominate state leagues which in itself is amazing.
But if we have Stanley as a KPP forward in 2018 then we will not go anywhere.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:note: when I say NO good. I mean not a gun, not good enough to lead a grand final side out onto the MCG. He is a great football player. Would dominate state leagues which in itself is amazing.
But if we have Stanley as a KPP forward in 2018 then we will not go anywhere.

Most of our list wont be able to do that. If that is the reason then we will be delisting about 30. You do realise pick 50 or 60 is less valuable than Stanley to us.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Longer will be a gun and aint going anywhere. Hickey will get traded before him. It's well known his fitness coming from the Lions was extremely poor. He's already a naturally gifted footy player just wait until his fitness improves and then we'll see him get more footy around the ground and become a dominant all-around ruckman.

Both too of our most important players going forward and I expect will be well off the trade table unless something extraordinary is offered.

Im unsure how you can say Longer will be a gun. He probably need to take a mark to be even better than average let alone a gun. I think Hickey has more upside IMO but we will see. I do know unless one learns to mak play forward one of them wont be at the club in a year or two time. I wouldnt trade either Stanley or Longer at the moment because we wouldnt get much value and if either comes good then you wouldnt want to trade them. I have big doubts on both. And yes I know they are young, well Longer is, but im doubt ful either can ever be consistant AFL footballers. Hope im wrong.
I've seen enough in his game that suggests to me he will be a gun. He's only turned 21 this year and most of his opponents are mid to late 20's. He's already got the physical game to match it with far older and mature ruckman by holding his own in ruck contests. You've outlined his weaknesses which he needs to work on and I believe he can significantly improve. Hell even Nic Nat is struggling for consistency and he's still young in ruck terms. Need to lower expectations for young ruckman.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

keep picking the best available, forget KPP just get the best...it is the Pelches plan and I am glad. Free Agency is for spot targeting so just get the best available with our high DPs.

Go the Pelch!