Brogan to Tribunal for Newnes hit-(broken jaw?)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brogan to Tribunal for Newnes hit-(broken jaw?)

Evidence of the trainer must of carried weight

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I have no idea if it was like Bakes. you heard the evidence of both so can you give us a rundown. And was Bakes given 7 or was that after add ons?
add-ons.

Think it was 4 plus 3.

Still how this animal gets 3 for breaking a kids jaw makes you wonder - oh thats right he is from the AFL love child the GWS.

Go easy, fella's, can harm the brand up here.

Im sure Brogan is so important to GWS. JB you lose all sense of reality when discussing some things. I know you will say what would he know but Tim Watson today said he was unlucky to get that. Its only his opinion

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Newnes has done the old school backing the player in thing and said he was trying to hold him up. You can't just whack someone for getting in your way. I have stood in front of people to stop their path in footy and never got a broken jaw for it. Newnes was helping Brogan out not the aggressor.

i don't reckon newnes would have known what day it was...looks like the afl investigator put words in his mouth.......seen that sort of thing happen dozens of times ..fortunately..the trainer put the tribunal straight.....from the video it looks like newnes sees the big dropkick coming straight at him...braces himself because the arsewipe has form ....and cops an elbow to the jaw......the tribunal must have had the same view.....end of story....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
paddy
Club Player

there would be a bit of 'honor amongst theives' thing going on, simply because its probably not really cool to 'taddle'

whereas the trainer has come out and told the truth...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:there would be a bit of 'honor amongst theives' thing going on, simply because its probably not really cool to 'taddle'

whereas the trainer has come out and told the truth...
Yes he said that Brogan tucked his elbow in and deviate off his line and that Newnes' face has hit hit shoulder.

What a dirty mongrel! :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Just read the report in the papers of what has been said. Makes me shake my head in disbelief. Brogan running off the ground, Newnes runs over to make contact, for no other reason than a show of strength, Brogan doesn't deviate off his line, doesn't raise an elbow, but according to our own trainers evidence, basically tucked his elbow in and received contact. However because 'young Jack' is significantly smaller than Brogan it appears that Brogan's shoulder has caught Newnes on the jaw as he kept running.
I don't think Newne's jaw would be broken if he just ran into Brogan's shoulder