Kosi The Enigma

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi The Enigma

Dr Spaceman wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote: He wouldn't have gotten anywhere near 200 with any other club. Serviceable, maybe. Great Club Man, what does that mean, grateful to still be here? Should have been traded at the end of '08, before everyone realised he was a complete dud.
Yep he just fluked 195 games, and survived a few coaching panels. How do you  know he could not have played 200 games elsewhere?
Never mind all of the injuries he's had.

Charming. Great for visitors, media, other teams supporters and bottom feeders to come on here and read this stuff - from Internet Heros like a few on here..... :(
Exactly Unit.

Surely it's possible to make a case for some of the new talent without having to bag long serving players of our club.

Of course that would then mean that those posters wouldn't be able to display their toughness and brutal analysis to the rest of us on the forum. But I guess we'd all survive that loss somehow.
Not bagging long serving players, just non contributing players.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:He's been an average player. Played some good games, a few great ones and more sub par ones. Gone totally missing for long stretches at a time.
Is this fact or not? If you disagree, fair enough. If you agree, then does posting it make me a non-Saints person because Kosi's a good guy and we shouldn't say anything but platitudes about what a great clubman he's been? FFS. Echoes of, "you're either with us or against us".......

Nothing wrong with saying things like that but when people say he is a complete dud or a hack or a waste of space well I just cant see the point.
The point is that we should have traded him before the rest of the comp realised he is a dud, and the fact is he is a dud.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:He's been an average player. Played some good games, a few great ones and more sub par ones. Gone totally missing for long stretches at a time.
Is this fact or not? If you disagree, fair enough. If you agree, then does posting it make me a non-Saints person because Kosi's a good guy and we shouldn't say anything but platitudes about what a great clubman he's been? FFS. Echoes of, "you're either with us or against us".......

Nothing wrong with saying things like that but when people say he is a complete dud or a hack or a waste of space well I just cant see the point.
The point is that we should have traded him before the rest of the comp realised he is a dud, and the fact is he is a dud.
see you next tuesdays liek Bernard Shakey are internet warriers who wouldn't have the balls to say these things to the players faces.

The only dud is BS's avatar. A more ordinary entertainer there could not be.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The only dud is you.

0 games 0 credibility

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I rest my case.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:I rest my case.
What case was that.... :?: :?: :?:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: The only dud is you.

0 games 0 credibility
Just my opinion, happy with yours too!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Surprise, surprise.

Saintsational Legend

Kosi's value will deliver beyond his playing days which are obviously near the end. We need as many of the players that have been part of our past decade to stick fat with the club long after their playing careers. It will pay dividends in about 15 years time. Like it or not, the players that have been part of the past decade have been part of one of the clubs most successful periods and as they say in the classics...success breeds success.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: see you next tuesdays liek Bernard Shakey are internet warriers who wouldn't have the balls to say these things to the players faces.

The only dud is BS's avatar. A more ordinary entertainer there could not be.
I'd love to know what your first sentence is meant to say?

The usual internet warrior statement, "You wouldn't say it to his face". Why would I want to do that? The bloke is not up to scratch as an AFL player, I'm sure he's aware of that.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Surprise, surprise.
What...that you have no case.... :roll:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

don't you reckon that you are probably exaggerating and letting your bias get in the way of making a fair assessment of Kosi's contribution?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:The only dud is you.

0 games 0 credibility
Does that mean that none of us are actually allowed to comment on football matters?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Nothing wrong with saying things like that but when people say he is a complete dud or a hack or a waste of space well I just cant see the point.
Fair call Plugger. Agree with you. He's clearly not a hack or a complete dud or waste of space or anything else that completely dismisses his 195 game career. Insulting him is.....insulting. But fair assessment of him as a player is fair game.
Last edited by st.byron on Fri 28 Dec 2012 8:05am, edited 1 time in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
I couldn't give a rat's about what you think it echoes.

How many Saints have played 200 games?

How many of them are ordinary?

Judged far too harshly IMO. You are the only one who knows if you are a Saints person. I know Kosi is. I know he has given his all for the cause. He could well be a 2 or 3 time Saints premiership player with a bit of luck.

I just want a bit of respect shown to him. Pretty simple.
25 players have played 200 games or more for the Saints. Yep, that's some achievement. But that doesn't exclude an objective assessment of any player's on-field performance. And in my opinion he's been ordinary much more often than not. That's backed up by the B&F votes he's received. Can't find them on the net, but if I'm not mistaken it's one top ten B&F finish in his career. A GOP and often less than that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why insult Kosi? Why not insult our selection committee? Did you or do you insult people at your work who work up to it?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The big mistake with Kosi was sticking with him as a forward when it clearly wasn't working.

Lyon was somewhat inflexible in his views on player and wasn't good in his actions at admitting to mistakes. You try things and if they don't work then you try something else.

By far Kosi's best football has been played as a sort of a kick-behind-the-play follower, but with Mac excellent in that role and others in the pipeline, it may be too late for that as well.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Nothing wrong with saying things like that but when people say he is a complete dud or a hack or a waste of space well I just cant see the point.
Fair call Plugger. Agree with you. He's clearly not a hack or a complete dud or waste of space or anything else that completely dismisses his 195 game career. Insulting him is.....insulting. But fair assessment of him as a player is fair game.

Agreed, these f-wits who call him a dud and a waste of space etc are just projecting their own failings. Kosi is a GOP at best, and many times dissapoints. However on other occasions he contributes to the team and does his job.

No need to insult him, but cockheads like BS have been doing so from behind their keyboards for years. I would hasten to suggest Kosi has played exactly 195 more AFL senior games than any of these pathetic carping supposed supporters ever have.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Agreed, these f-wits who call him a dud and a waste of space etc are just projecting their own failings. Kosi is a GOP at best, and many times dissapoints. However on other occasions he contributes to the team and does his job.

No need to insult him, but cockheads like BS have been doing so from behind their keyboards for years. I would hasten to suggest Kosi has played exactly 195 more AFL senior games than any of these pathetic carping supposed supporters ever have.
+1

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

So Kosi has played 195 games through one of the clubs most successful periods. Interesting.

But here's something that might be even more interesting and that is the possibility that there may be a whole lot more love for Kosi's career at the Saints than Goddards.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Supporters are as the word suggests, as are players. I never played an AFL game and at 60+ doubt I'll be called on now. Always have and always will support St Kilda and I have every right to say that Kosi is a dud. In my opinion he has not lived up to his potential because he does not have the work ethic of other players such as Roo and Lenny. We're talking about professional football, not the Tarax Club.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Why insult Kosi? Why not insult our selection committee? Did you or do you insult people at your work who work up to it?
I'm not insulting anyone, just stating facts.

"Did you or do you insult people at your work who work up to it?" Please explain or rephrase the question.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I'm not insulting anyone, just stating facts.

"Did you or do you insult people at your work who work up to it?" Please explain or rephrase the question.

Who are not up to it. No idea why I said work twice. sorry about that. And i dont think it is a fact. A dud would suggest he has never played well at all. He has dud games but his career isnt a dud career.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
8856brother wrote:
I couldn't give a rat's about what you think it echoes.

How many Saints have played 200 games?

How many of them are ordinary?

Judged far too harshly IMO. You are the only one who knows if you are a Saints person. I know Kosi is. I know he has given his all for the cause. He could well be a 2 or 3 time Saints premiership player with a bit of luck.

I just want a bit of respect shown to him. Pretty simple.
25 players have played 200 games or more for the Saints. Yep, that's some achievement. But that doesn't exclude an objective assessment of any player's on-field performance. And in my opinion he's been ordinary much more often than not. That's backed up by the B&F votes he's received. Can't find them on the net, but if I'm not mistaken it's one top ten B&F finish in his career. A GOP and often less than that.
assess Kosi all you want but you're assessing him against your own expectations that he should have been a much better player. Notwithstanding that he has played some poor games the last couple of years, he has probably played the role that the coaches wanted him to play which was to provide a forward contest in the air to bring the ball to the ground to create goal opportunities and to take the heat off Rooey. This type of role isn't going to win you too many B&F votes but it doesn't mean you are not contributing.

Also, the game has completely changed as well which means that apart from this role, Kosi is now next to useless in the team.

Coaches knew his limitations and realised ages ago that he was never going be a superstar which was evident in the way he was used. Some supporters have just been slow to catch on and are still clinging to his 2005 form.

Yaysaints
Club Player

Ah the "kosi phenomenon" Being concussed adds five years to your age.
I do like kosi but will be glad when we don't need him anymore. As with ralphe.